Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

OK, folks, I am at an impasse. I have been stalling for over a week and have actually basically not touched the game in TWO DAYS because one plot point is staring me in the face: the Yiga Clan hideout. I have put it off as long as possible. Link is a super buff expert bowler with boss armor and killer weapons because I have been ignoring this quest since day one. But there is nothing left to do (except more shrines and a bunch of dinky side quests). Soooooooooooooooo.

My friend (also a goon) told me you can cheese this mission by dropping directly into the boss room. I have been by there and that seems like a thing that could occur. Is this a real thing or not? The entire internet is bitching about this side quest in a manner that suggests it cannot actually be skipped and that it sucks even more than I have built it up to suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Section Z posted:

I'm convinced there is probably a stationary Yiga "behind" the middle structure or something I just kept overlooking in the second room. Because in my few attempts I would always easily sneak around and murder everyone but the door guard no problem, but right as I kill the next to last guy some second yiga I never noticed would spot me and I'd end up fighting two big ones.

I'm sure you can handle just one big guy in a fair fight, but multiple is a headache. So my question is-

How many unused bomb arrows do you have on hand? I just said gently caress it and Multi shot bow strafing runned them to death. Or, have you unlocked the Akkala tech lab for a supply of Ancient Arrows, your one stop solution for just not giving a single gently caress. They may be big, teleport, and given scripted one hit kills. But they still walk slow as hell the rest of the time and will basically give you all the time you need to shoot them in the face.

When sneaking around in a ninja suit throwing bananas everywhere isn't quite working out, but you are not confident in evading the big swords of multiple enemies, you can always turn to SUPERIOR FIREPOWER :black101:

I like the way you think, good sir/madam. I just need a multi-shot bow that is not attached to a Lynel. (And not the fancy one the Rito gave me.) I have ten, count 'em TEN Ancient Arrows and a gently caress ton of bomb arrows so that sounds like a plan.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

The Yiga bit might not be that bad for you but I have an anxiety disorder. It took me days to psyche myself up to fight my first Blight Ganon, or board my first Divine Beast. Now, neither of those ended up being that bad, and after that I wasn't afraid to do those things, so I should probably learn from that, but that's not how the ol' noggin works.

I actually am quite bad at video games in general and often give up due to my anxiety and I often just end up watching LPs instead, or watching my friends play, but this is a game that has kept me playing for close to 80 hours. I think that in itself says quite a lot.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I am sitting right around half the shrines and they are definitely getting harder to find. Any tips on finding more, Watermelon Daiquiri? Right now I'm just running and flying around and hoping my sensor goes off or I see one in the distance.

E:

Section Z posted:

Oh man, those Yiga are hosed. If you have yet to use Ancient arrows on anything, enjoy discovering just how hosed they are even without a multibow.

Of course, Murphy's law means this time you will ace the stealth aspect.

I used one, once, to wallop a Guardian... But no, not since then! I bet I could go buy more, I have plenty of parts. But you piqued my interest with the multibow idea. I want to see CARNAGE.

But you're probably right.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 30, 2017

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

TBH the vast majority of my time in game has been exploration. :shobon: I only have 2/4 beasts down (and I almost defeated ganon when I accidentally wandered too far into the castle before I decided to just leave it for later in case it did something with my save LOL)

Follow all of the shrine quests and mark down on the map areas you haven't been to (localized to a region) and go visit them all. You'll run into most of the shrines that way. For instance, I make all bodies of water, peaks, valleys, forests, interesting looking shapes as well as areas in between if there is a large amount of land between marks. I only have ~200 or so korok seeds (and I audibly gasped when I learned there were 900 of the drat things!)

Some of the funniest things I've come across doing this is auto-completing quests since I ran into the objective while exploring and did it already :v: One memorable one is when I finally paid the treasure hunters for the location to said treasure, only for it to turn out to be in some nook I came across and cleared out ages ago. Waste of a 100 rupees...

This sounds like some faffing I would be happy to do!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Last night I dreamed that the big Yiga guys dropped ice cream instead of bananas, and that you could eat that ice cream in real life.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Fritzler posted:

I was walking from Kakariko to Hateno village, and I think I went the "wrong" way. I ended up walking by a giant minotaur and killed him, but it took literally every weapon strength that I had and I only had his sword and shield afterwards. Then I had to constantly eat all the food i had saved, which was mostly uncooked cuz the free armor the king gave didn't protect me enough after my torch went out. Then I found a giant dragon that I had to shoot eyes off of. Is he story relevant later? I don't really understand why, but I did it and got that shrine, and then eventually floated down and finally got to Hateno village.

You hosed up so bad that you did good.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Norns posted:

Horizon is awesome even in a post BotW world. You're missing out.

Can I play Horizon while I take a poo poo?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Norns posted:

If you have a vita?

So no.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Norns posted:

I'm sorry you can only enjoy videogames while huffing your own farts though my man.

More like I've had a stomach virus but you didn't need to know the sordid details of my making GBS threads.

E:

The Manticore posted:

Horizon is good. Video games are really super good right now. I'd highly suggest wasting these fleeting hours of your existence by experiencing these excellent games!

Yes, basically every game that has come out since January is GOTY caliber (but BotW is Best Game Ever tier, lbr). It's because reality is so poo poo right now God is blessing us with high quality fantasy for escapism purposes instead. (That might actually be the reason, too. Fiction does tend to improve in lovely times as a result of said lovely times.)

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 31, 2017

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Spergatory posted:

It's kind of nice of the game not to trigger Blood Moons while you're in Hyrule Castle. If one comes up, the game will do the ambient effects and turn the sky red, but it won't play the cutscene or respawn anything. You'll get a Blood Moon the first night you spend outside of the castle though.

That one guy who got a Blood Moon during the Ganon fight had to have triggered a Glitch Moon, because it reset him outside the fight. Glitch Moons reset the game world completely, including your position in it, to the nearest "safe" place. In a normal Blood Moon, when the cutscene ends, you're exactly where you were, doing exactly what you were doing before. I've gotten a Blood Moon while using Magnesis to beat a Guardian to death, had the cutscene end, and came back still holding the box above the Guardian's head, its health exactly where I left it. A Glitch Moon while doing the same thing moved me back to the place where I "entered" the region and despawned the box completely. Glitch Moons can seemingly happen anywhere at any time, so I kind of want to know exactly what triggers them.

Catching up on the thread, so sorry if this has been answered!

I believe the glitched Blood Moon effect is triggered when the game encounters an object that is where it is not supposed to be, or conversely when there isn't an object where one IS supposed to be. Or any other sort of general chicanery that would otherwise cause the game to crash. However, instead of crashing, because Blood Moons reset the overworld, the game just does that instead. The reason why they often happen over and over is because the player is often repeatedly doing the thing that caused it in the first place. This happens more often when you have left the game running for a long time, because of memory leakage. This is why turning the game off and back on again often fixes the problem. Now, this is just a theory, but since glitched Blood Moons help save memory and prevent crashes, I believe the timing of regular Blood Moons is basically whenever the game's memory gets however full, it triggers one the next night. This is why whenever you skip one, it only skips until the next night. Also I think it explains why, (as far as I have encountered) they happen more frequently the further you are in the game.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

El Burbo posted:

The funniest blessing shrine was the one on skull lake

"The real trial was getting there" says the quest

Uh no I just glided down to it from the cliff next it

Oh, good, I'm not the only one that had a good laugh about that one then.

E:

Waltzing Along posted:

I need about 5k. Wandering around Death Mountain looking for nodes is working, but feels slow. Any recommendations for good areas or is it just a crapshoot?

Go bowling. It's the cabin at the base of Hebra Tower. There's a sweet spot that gets you a strike pretty much every time. Costs 20 rupees to play, a strike earns you 300 rupees. You can check on Youtube for a video for the sweet spot, or have me tell you that it's the right angle between Pondo (the guy) and the rock on the ground.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 31, 2017

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

veni veni veni posted:

Well. I'm at a loss on how I'm supposed to get up death mountain. By gerudo armor just burns, I've tried going in like 5 directions. Do I just need to use buffs or do I need to get some sort of fire armor or what because I have no idea here.

Go to the South Akkala Stable or just cook up any "fireproof" critters you have with monster parts. Same thing.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Runcible Cat posted:

Argh don't talk to me about loving smotherwing butterflies.

Why don't you guys just buy them from Beedle? He sells them in batches of three at I believe East Akkala and Wetland stables. Every game day it refreshes.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Runcible Cat posted:

Neat, thanks. I'm so used to him selling useless stuff I must've not checked there.

No problem. Everyone should have the opportunity to make Link look like an old-timey diver.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

loving hahaha to whoever came up with the piloting guardians prank, you ruined the comment sections of literally every LP I was watching. Thanks for that.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Drewjitsu posted:

What? I didn't think you could land on the flying guardians.

Some site said that you could pilot the walking ones by mixing together horns from the three dragons plus a core or whatever and you get a key and then you can go inside the walking ones and zap things. So every comment section is, "Do that!" and I'm like, "... It's loving April first dudes."

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I'm 90 hours in, have 11/12 memories, three beasts, over half the shrines, and there's still stuff that it's like, I have no idea what you guys are talking about, this game is amazing. :allears:

By the way, apropos of killing guardians, how do you kill the flying ones? I still can't do that without wasting Ancient Arrows on them.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Zore posted:

You can drop poo poo on them with Magnesis.

Or ignore them since thet have the attention span of a fly if you step out of their super narrow LOS.

I have been giving them a wider berth than I should be, it seems.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Shrines.

I think this is where Nintendo can play around with the BotW structure the most. I like the idea of the basic premise that beating them is a way to improve Hearts and Stamina, as well as gaining a fast travel waypoint. What I'd change about that though is maybe combine and reduce shrines. Combine four shrines into one, do sixty instead of one hundred and twenty. At the end, either give me an orb I can trade in, or just straight up let me choose a Heart or Stamina. I think it would be interesting to combine the current types of shrines- Trials, Blessings, and Tests. Like, you come across a riddle or challenge, solve it to get inside, over come a logic puzzle, fight a mini boss, overcome a final puzzle and then get your prize. They could play around with that formula as much as they wanted to. I think reducing the number of shrines would also let Nintendo do more to customize them. I wanna see Shrines themed to their regions, with interiors and minibosses reminiscent of the Lost Woods, or Gerudo desert, or wherever. And just for story sake, let all the races of Hyrule build their own shrines, and let me learn about their weirdo faiths from them.

Also here's a random idea: A Goron Cycle. It's a bike with two Gorons for wheels. They do that spinning trick from Majora's Mask when you want to ride your bike around, and chill next to it when you're not riding. Also it runs on rocks, because that's what Goron's eat.

These are interesting ideas. I like shrines being themes to the region. But I think they are all Sheikah religion right now. Also Goron bike sounds badass.

However I want more shrines. Specifically I want 12 more so that you can max both stamina and hearts at the same time. I mentioned this on a Youtube video (about what DLC could add) and got called an "OCD fuckhead." My fault for commenting on Youtube.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Never read youtube comments, and absolutely never make youtube comments. That way lies...well, all of those people on the internet that you never wanted to believe actually exist, but apparently do. :smith:

Yes. That's what I was ranting about earlier. Everyone on Youtube apparently believed the April Fool's prank some site put out about making a guardian key to pilot the walking ones. Now all the comments on the LPs I follow are just comments to do that.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I would be happy if the next "big" 3D Zelda was a sort of Majora's Mask type game that was smaller and more intimate but used this same engine. It took them, what, a year to put out MM? So let's give them two and a half years to to pop out MM 2.0. Same assets but Termina again, or Koholint, or somewhere else we haven't been in a while or are yet to be, or this Hyrule in a vastly different time period.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Fortis posted:

I have no loving idea how to do Eventide without at least a full row of hearts. There's probably some trick to the final bit I'm not getting, but gently caress I am frustrated. Since I did it late in the game on my first playthrough I was hoping to do it early this time, but apparently I'm not amazing enough at the game to pull that off.

If you don't have the dungeon abilities, especially Mipha for a freebie gently caress up, the island is littered with Hearty Durians. Cook them one at a time for a food that restores full hearts plus... four? yellow ones I think.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Bruceski posted:

Now wait until the t-rex roars 6 times (if it roars a 7th this will not work) and feed Epona to it. This will let you ride the t-rex.

This made me laugh because there is a T-rex in that Yooka-Laylee rap that came out for April Fool's as well. So I'm picturing that low-res orange T-rex in BotW now.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Bruceski posted:

It's from the early days of the internet. There was a site dedicated to all the rumors of ways to get a full triforce in Ocarina of Time, and some guy sent in this masterful parody of how to replace Epona with a t-rex and get the triforce and some other stuff. Complete with picture "evidence".

Oh man. That sounds amazing. I didn't have remotely decent internet until 2006, though I was online as early as '98. I missed a lot of cool stuff simply because I was only on a few hours a week back then. Now I basically inhabit the internet.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

So I finally did the Yiga hideout after pussyfooting around it for 90+ hours and like 20 pages of this thread and it sucked at first because those guards really do have an insane line of sight. I was expecting it to be like older Zeldas and once you got past one he effectively didn't matter anymore but NOPE. So the next go around I just sniped them all with Ancient Arrows. gently caress you, suckers! Someone mentioned there seemed to be one by a pillar and there is indeed a stationary guard by a pillar. But I killed him from above too!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

canoshiz posted:

Goodbye forever, snow bowling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYsNVxsWfFI

Linked for spoilers.

Jesus, this is amazing. Thank you, good goon.

.TakaM posted:

Today I got the Twilight Bow from my Zelda amiibo :D

I got this the other day and I used it once, what makes it special? I think it was firing light arrows or something even though I had bomb arrows selected but other than that?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

.TakaM posted:

The Twilight Bow fires infinite arrows in perfect straight lines, longest range and highest durability in the game

Oh drat! That is pretty drat sweet. I was wasting it on Kohga.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I legit did not know you could do that. This game. :allears:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Spergatory posted:

So either the Ancient Shield is incredibly overpowered, or I just ran into a glitch. :stare: So I went under the Lomei Labyrinth to kill the Guardians and figured I'd use the Ancient Shield I'd just bought to auto-reflect their lasers. First go, I aggro'd all of them at once, and my shield ate four simultaneous lasers, gave me the "badly damaged" message, and only killed two of the turrets. I let it get hit with two more lasers to kill the remaining turrets, and it broke.

I reloaded, annoyed that I spent so much money on something that broke so fast. I figured if I spent all that money anyway, I might as well get the most use out of it, so this time, I aggro'd the turrets one at a time to make sure that each reflected laser scored a kill. It worked. I killed all four Guardian turrets. Weirdly enough, it wasn't giving me the "badly damaged" message, so I decided to wake up the Stalkers and see how it fared against them.

It fared very well. It killed them both with three reflected lasers apiece. Still no "damaged" message. The first attempt broke after six total lasers, but this one had reflected ten and was still going. So I took it to the surface to hunt down some more Guardians and see just how much punishment this thing could take.

32, is the answer. It reflected 32 Guardian laser beams. I was swimming in Ancient parts. For the record, I believe the Hylian Shield taps out at 27.

32, incidentally, is the durability value the internet lists for the Ancient Shield. From what I can tell, if it's not a glitch, it works like this; if you take multiple lasers at once or get a "bad impact" (ie; off-center) the Shield takes normal damage from Guardian lasers. However, if you get the beam to hit dead-center (as it always will if you're locked on), the Ancient Shield will only take 1 damage. It's the ultimate weapon in low-effort Guardian harvesting, taking even less skill than using Ancient Arrows.
:getin:

This is very good info. I think I will pass it along to my friend who enjoys laser hunting!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Barreft posted:

I got 20 arrows, but you hit them once and they run away and the game fades them out. Unless it's a one shot using arrows is useless. That's why I tried the fire arrow, but that just gave me a cooked boar.

Try going for a bird or a fox instead. The old man doesn't care what kind of meat you use as long as it's meat.

So I have the rubber hat and pants. Where is the shirt? I'm assuming someplace lightning-y.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Yeah, I'm glad the amiibos don't just drop the best stuff automatically. That said I've heard that one of the Zeldas can drop the Hylian Shield and I've been scanning for a month and I'm getting a little sick of your poo poo, Zelda. (I don't save scum. With every amiibo, that would take hours.)

Edit: It occurs to me that there are an awful lot of rumors floating around about this game. The last time I remember a game having so many rumors was the original Pokemon back when I was on an actual playground in the late '90s.

Edit again: Also, yes, a place where you could store weapons aside from the wall of your house would be great. I don't want to keep carrying around this Ceremonial Trident, thanks, but all my house's slots are full.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 4, 2017

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

So I may have solved my own problem with the rubber shirt. I was going through my screen captures on the main menu and I saw a really old one from almost a month ago near Ridgeland Tower. You know that stone mushroom forest that looks like Mario 1-3 that there always seems to be a storm over? I took a bunch of pictures of it trying to capture a lightning strike on screen because I liked how you could see weather at a distance. I even posted one of those shots to Facebook! This was like three, almost four weeks ago. Dang. I've been walking right past the rubber shirt this whole time haven't I? Let me see if I can find the picture I took and edit it in to this comment.

Edit:

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 4, 2017

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

the shrine on thundra plateau where all that weather is doesnt have it. I'm missing the shirt as well with ~110 shrines (why the hell dont they have a way to see how many you have without being on a loading screen?!)

Goddammit. I thought I was onto something. But there IS a shrine there you say? I haven't done one there yet!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I just want to have a rubber suit when I fight Thunderblight Ganon, why is this so hard?

Edit: Also fashion.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

NEVERMIND i noticed i never got all the treasure from it so i went back to clear it out and i found something. Go do it!

i would've thought armor wouldve all been in blessing shrines

Ahaha thank you, also thank you for the heads up it's not a blessing shrine, I was assuming it would be. I will turn on my treasure chest sensor when I do that one then!

Edit: Totally off topic but is anyone here interested in becoming Switch buddies? Should I ask in the Switch thread instead? I haven't been posting there but I've been posting here for a few days now and I feel comfortable handing out my codes to you guys now. ~so intimate~

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 4, 2017

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Barreft posted:

I think I found the problem, I was using Cheatengine to get the FPS above 30, and I just went to fight a snake and the dude took the gently caress off sprinting and disappeared. Gonna sleep and try a boar tomorrow and hopefully with no speedhack the fuckers don't take off and disappear the moment they see me.

e: As for emu, yeah, I'm sure I'm like most. I'm not buying a whole system for just like 4 great games I want to play. I'm a patreon on cemu so I get the latest and this version lets you finish the game. I just want some raw meat dammit!

You are definitely not like most. I'm not judging you for emulating though it's better for Nintendo to get dat sweet cash money so they know the game is a success. I'm sure it will be over time but this early period is particularly crucial. But if you don't already have a Wii U and can't afford it or a Switch then it makes financial sense to emulate. However the Wii U has one of the best libraries out there in recent years for someone who likes exclusives (I can seriously list over 20 games I recommend) and I have not regretted my Switch purchase one bit. With seven games for it and six more on my wishlist already (when I get the aforementioned sweet cash money) it is actually shaping up to have a pretty beefy library for such a young system.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

lovely Wizard posted:

I loving own a Switch and I don't get all the emulation making GBS threads-on going here. If the Switch wasn't portable, I'd probably be doing the same thing as him, so for people who don't care about couch(scratch this if he has a media pc setup)/bed/toilet gaming he is an upstanding gent. Plus there's a good chance they get 60fps working for Zelda without janky physics problems, so it'd make it go from a resolution bump to a gameplay improvement as well.

All the good games for Wii U will get ported to Nintendo "let's pretend the Wii U didn't exist" Switch WITH tons of new content/features (except maybe w101), so if he has no immediate interest in those I don't see the point of being a bitch to a guy who doesn't want to drop $250-$300 on a console for one game.

I said there were perfectly good reasons to emulate? :shrug: No need to get worked up my dude.

But you answered it yourself. The Switch is going to be Wii U+. Might as well get in on the ground floor.

Edit:

Asimo posted:

You can emulate all you want but it kinda also invalidates all your complaints about the game being broken, slow, or buggy since you're very much not using it in the intended environment. That's about it really.

Also this.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

lovely Wizard posted:

True. I mean CEMU seems to be at a point where the game isn't a hot mess anymore now, but using speedhacks on an emulator is probably the issue rather than the emulator itself.

I mean the Switch will eventually be a top tier system even if it just ports/upgrades Wii U's best games, but dropping $360 for effectively 1 game as of now (3.5 weeks till Mario Kart, several months for that punching game and splatoon 2, and over 6 months for Mario Odyssey) as well as keeping an active eye on inventory for it is probably a big hassle for someone interested in just one game for now.

No I agree. That's why I said financial reasons were a perfectly valid reason to emulate. If you can't afford/justify a purchase, then go ahead. But you can't complain when weird poo poo happens. Though I will try my best to give you solutions that work for me, anyway, though for all I know they don't apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

seiferguy posted:

So I've been playing for little while and kind of wondering what's a good flow to do. I've got up to 5 hearts and an extra stamina bar. I got to the second town after Kakariko and got my Sheikah Galaxy S8 upgraded by that child-but-not-really scientist and bought some good looking armor.

- Should I keep hitting up shrines? They're cool and all but seem to be getting a bit repetitive. I dunno if it's better to go out of my way to hunt them out or do a more "grab as you go" type thing.
- I've got the basics of cooking down it seems.
- I caught 2 wild horses, and also have Epona from my Smash Link amiibo. Anything worth doing with them? Horse play control almost feels worse than it did in OoT, which is saying something. I tried doing that first obstacle course and holy hell it was hard to maneuver it.

While the game is good and fun, it's a little bit more of the same as I keep going and makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong to not shake things up.

Have you been doing any plot? It sounds like now might be the time for you to start doing plot. Find a beast and go do that. Doesn't matter which one, though I don't recommend doing Goron first. Keep doing shrines as you come across them because that is how you get more hearts and stamina. Don't be afraid to get distracted by shiny things.

Edit: Yes, what they said about at least activating them for fast travel purposes. Especially useful if you stumble across a Major Test of Strength while you are a scrub.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 4, 2017