Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I wanna find out what's up with that thing that climbs the volcano so bad

I choose to believe it's Biggoron/his great-great-great-great-great-grandkid Biggestgoron. :colbert:

E: Scale the mountain and get the Biggestgoron's Splinter, which is twice Link's height.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

greatn posted:

My request, I heard Chico beat steppe talus? Is there video of that?

Don't know who Chico is but here's video of someone beating Steppe Talus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA7ztpWHeKo

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Mark Brown, the guy behind Game Maker's Toolkit, is doing a series on the dungeons of The Legend of Zelda games.

So far he's covered A Link to the Past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouO1R6vFDBo

And Link's Awakening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AezAN2RcO8Y

Up next is Ocarina.

Just stumbled across this guy independently, the Link's Awakening video is enlightening for pointing out how many "Zelda Traditions" started with Link's Awakening instead of Link to the Past.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah, I think if the items were hidden in the overworld with little stories and characters tied to them would of been better.

It's weird though, because some of the most important items like the Pegasus Boots, Power Glove, the Bottles, and the Warp Bell work exactly like that. It's surprising that they haven't tried it with stuff like the Hammer at all.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

If I had to make a random guess, going past the map boundaries in BotW will cause your iPad Sheikah Slate to lose its 4G LTE connection and you lose your inventory/equipped items and you're left in your underwear to quickly die from the elements.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Yeah my only complaint is that the Deku Tree's line is just kinda awkwardly written.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

mastajake posted:

Divine beasts in 4 directions, eh?

They must be the mechanical giants we've seen in the trailers. The Airship buzzing around the desert plateaus must be the Bird from the map, then the Lizard is the thing we see climbing the mountain in the latest trailers.

E: the Camel is the other beast we see stomping around for maybe 1.5 seconds, while I expect the Elephant is the half-buried structure we see with the Gerudo and her sand-walrus.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 15, 2017

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Huh, the Goron, Rito, and Zora characters all have the same blue scarf.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

TFRazorsaw posted:

are we sure the bird people are Rito?

No, but we don't have a different name yet.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Electric Phantasm posted:

My only hope is that speedrunning BotW is as entertaining to watch as OoT3D.

Edit: Seriously if you got 2 hours check it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkSx2_L4Uug

Pro click at 55:15 (56:30 on youtube) where Navi hovers around Sheik's crotch and swoons over "that legendary blade".

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

But as an aside, screw the old "guys get swords, girls get bows" paradigm. It just isn't Link/le if you don't default to sword & shield. My wish fulfillment would be giving us a Lunk with a bastard sword & kite shield for some more Souls-y combat and more traditional block puzzles/blowing stuff up, and a Lank with a buckler/saber combo with the standard button-mash that's about finding ways to traverse rooms Creed-style.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Glorious

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

So I signed up to buy the house in the second town, are there houses to buy in every town or just in Hetsu Hateno?

E: wrong h-word.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 4, 2017

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

My fav BOTW experience was loving up the Thunder Plateau shrine quest. You’re supposed to stasis the orb on a distant pillar and knock it onto the platform. I picked it up and spent a half-hour trying to find where I could toss the orb up onto the platform. Not willing to give up, I started looking for something, anything that could help. And that’s when I noticed the wind.

I tried tying some octorok balloons to the orb, and watched the orb slowly rise into the air! ...but it went straight up and fell back down. I guess the wind was just for show. :smith:

Undeterred, I tried again with the balloons and hit the orb with arrows, which gave it ~just~ enough momentum to float over the lip of the platform. Simply magical :allears:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I'm not a min maxxer, but I'm worried I'll just do the main quest line and miss a bunch of cool stuff. Also will my horse always find me when I whistle?

Don’t worry, the main quest pulls you to a lot of the map. But if you see some cool poo poo in the distance just beeline for it! The main quest isn’t going anywhere.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 10, 2018

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Trasson posted:

Horse travel is great and relaxing and horse combat is one of the best ways to take on Guardians.

You haven't lived until you've dragged a Guardian all the way across Hyrule Field stabbing it with a spear.

Also horses are pretty and I enjoy taming ones with good stats. Had a great bonding moment with a friend when it turned out we both named our first horse Debbie. spongebob joke

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Eventide - not sure what this is

It’s the big island in the southeast.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z5gdENXus4

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I had a similar moment hunting boar on the Plateau. Shot the pig while it was on the crest of a hill, the steak slid out of sight, and by the time I got over the hill a bokoblin had run up to investigate the free food.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I've been playing this since Tuesday. I'm still not great with the motion control stuff, and I'm still getting used to dodging. I just spent the last three hours getting extremely lost after finishing Vah Ruta, and wound up getting caught in a thunderstorm and losing my metal equipment before I finally found the Ridgeland Tower and somehow managed to activate it.

It's fun, but the wide-openess is sort of hard to get used to (I've never really played open-world games before).

You can turn off the motion controls for bow aiming if you in the options.

E: proofreading. :smith:

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 3, 2019

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

TraderStav posted:

Help a brother out who has 116 shrines. I don't exactly remember this one. What's the name? Region?

If I remember right she’s on the beach towards the far southwest of the jungle region, next to a tall stone pillar.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

:aaa:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

s.i.r.e. posted:

Does Zelda become Link in the cutscenes and stuff? Can you also get into the Gerudo town without having to pretend to be a female?

If it were up to me I’d just change text so the Gerudo have a really militant fashion police.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Bongo Bill posted:

They considered a dog-petting activity, but they decided to make it so that your dog interactions are based on actions you can perform in any situation; it was a specific design goal to minimize the number of context-sensitive commands. Thus, instead of petting dogs, you feed them.

Similarly, in Super Mario Odyssey, rather than pet the dogs, you play fetch with them.

I get yah, but next game they need to make the “soothe horse” action universal. Pet your horse. Pet the dog. Offer an awkward hug to a quest giver. Pet everything.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Iron Crowned posted:

YOu guys don't carry an iron sledgehammer at all times for mining? :psyduck:

I save mine for Talus hunting. :colbert:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

RBA Starblade posted:

Speaking of money should I stop selling all these gems or what, I'm broke as poo poo but wealthy in minerals

Yeah sell half of every type of gem. It’s easy to grab more.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

RBA Starblade posted:

I love how every second Zora you meet is like "hey look everyone it's the shithead who got our princess killed and got owned, gotta lotta balls coming back here dickhead"

I mean they’re right, but

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Freaking Crumbum posted:

the real mystery will be why they were spelunking under hyrule castle in the first place, and for what reason link was forced to remove the green sealing hand and unleash the new main villain.

That’s like the least mysterious thing, Ganon punked the Champions by showing up under the castle, so that’d definitely be worth investigating.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

s.i.r.e. posted:

Either that or Demise; you notice that his ears aren't pointed like everyone else in Hyrule, only the Gerudo's have round ears.

Also it’s wearing a bunch of gerudo themed jewelry: it’s Ganondorf.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

kidcoelacanth posted:

What if the first hour of the game is you playing as Zelda just getting totally yoked

:dogcited:

RBA Starblade posted:

Finally, the sandbox has purpose again

While you’re looking for that lady, you might as well track down the big horse that’s down that way too. The Bhorse.

Geostomp posted:

Anyone else loving how terrifying the Big G’s resurrection is here? He’s a gnarled corpse held with glowing corpse arm and eerie runes that give hushed whispers before he snaps back to life.

It’s legit, though Ganny’s died on his feet twice. It makes sense if he just got tired of being dead and got back up.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 12, 2019

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

superjew posted:

The music sounds like the sacred realm music but in an off key and with that rapid fade in/out effect.

I don’t hear it myself, but a few people on Reddit are comparing it to the game over theme from Zelda 1.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

If I were a designer and wanted to reduce my team’s workload I’d cut down the map to the central Hyrule portion and focus on how the citizens from the last game are trying to rebuild and reclaim the ruins. Then turn the dirt underneath that into swiss cheese full of caves and dungeons.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Also you can play as Zelda in Cadence of Hyrule.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Angry Diplomat posted:

e: oh my god the bosses in this are loving incredible

Bosses are great but these PUNS man.

wizzrOBOE

BASS GUITARmos

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

*bangs table*

“Bring back the witches! BRING BACK TH-“

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Wyvernil posted:

Some ideas for BotW2:

- More of a balance issue, but "hearty" foods would no longer fill your hearts to full - gold hearts count as red hearts if you're not already full. This is to give the non-hearty foods more use. Maybe also include a "fullness" mechanic that limits how much you can eat in a short period of time to limit brute-forcing enemies through eating unlimited food.

I never understand people that try to nerf a single player game or that say a single player mechanic is too strong. Does it bother you that the game is too easy?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

A short but stylish video pointing out the sound design in BotW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgev9Gzybk8

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

My boy, this piece of rear end is what all warriors strive for!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Do sledgehammers do bonus damage to Taluses or am I imagining it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

superjew posted:

There's speculation about the Twili playing a big role in BOTW2 and Zant returning and nobody is talking about Midna also coming back which would be the best part of it all.

That’d be rad, it would be a good pick for an “underground” people to interact with in this underground setting.

Played through the Plateau again and I don’t know if I’m alone in thinking that I hope BotW2 will take away the paraglider and focus on the other ways to traverse the environment.