Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I do enjoy this game but good lord who thought it would be a good idea to give Zelda a fake English accent, its just flat out bad, everyone else sounds fine compared however, aside from this my only other complaint is the final boss being lame, not Calamity Ganon but his final form, its just a let down.

Game's otherwise been pretty fun aside from these 2 mortal sins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

RickRogers posted:

Yup, well, I personally feel that there are two main types of Zelda games and Majora's mask is the finest example of one and BotW is the prime example of the other.
But I eagerly await a rebuttal.

Majora's Mask is alright, Wind Waker is more fun for me personally.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

RickRogers posted:

Though I think it is like OoT again, and now we know what they can pull out of the bag I personally am expecting MM levels of surprise and greatness.

Not sure if MM is a good bar here since it was deeply controversial and still fairly disliked to this day, I imagine it'll just be more of the same but with slightly more polish.

Mario Galaxy 1 compared to Mario Galaxy 2, is what I'm expecting.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'd like BoTW 2 to have actual boss variety, it sure was fun to have every boss just be a Ganon blob monster, Calamity Ganon was just a robot spider blob instead.

Don't even get me started on that lovely Giant Pig form, that was the worst final boss I've ever seen in a Zelda game, and may well be one of the worst video game bosses in general.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Slowpoke! posted:

I didn’t even know the first Hyrule Warriors existed, and I got confused thinking this was the BOTW sequel.

So this is like a combat focused Zelda game where you take on larger groups of enemies, and you can play as different characters? Sounds awesome. That said, a BOTW prequel would have probably made a better game than a BOTW sequel, so now I do kind of wish this was a mainline game.

It's a Dynasty Warriors game so its going to be you fighting hundreds of enemies at once while capturing/defending bases and outposts.

Like in the first Hyrule Warriors expect to see "Link is advancing on the enemy base" all the time.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Zore posted:

So we're definitely getting playable Link, Zelda and the 4 champs

Other than that I think we probably get the King since he's fully modelled in the trailer. They could also easily do Impa by reusing Paya's model and/or Purah. I also have to imagine they do the Blights.

Who else do people think?

Master Kogha for sure as the Yiga were active at that time period.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Can't wait for Lana to come back and be the true reason Link survived the battle.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

pentyne posted:

Unless this is a budget title i can't see how its pre calamity BotW canon cast only. There's maybe 7-8 notable characters max from that era. The first HW got a river of poo poo on release for only having 13 characters.

A budget title from Nintendo? nah this is a full $60 release.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

Surely there's going to be some kind of dimensional shenanigans that throws other Zelda characters into the mix, if only because I can't imagine they won't take the opportunity to keep the huge existing cast playable.

In the main campaign probably not, as that being an accurate retelling of the Great Calamity seems to be one of the big draws for this.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

I doubt we even get to pilot the Divine Beasts because how is that going to work in a Mouso game outside of a cutscene?
Someone clearly doesn't remember the entire game mode where you could play as the hulking Ganon who towered over the battlefield.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Jury is still out as to whether it’s gated corridors and arenas like the first game or a more open world take.

Everyone hated Dynasty Warriors 9's open world format so there's absolutely no way they would do this for HW2, Nintendo would be goddamn stupid to want this.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Started playing the first Hyrule Warriors and it is somehow hornier than BotW.

Team Ninja aren't on the game's box for nothing.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

RickRogers posted:

Has ha, I'm just thinking how Zelda will probably be regularly playable in future games and then that will cause certain parts of the fandom to go apeshit and deny them all.

She'll be playable in a mainline title around the time Princess Peach will be in a Mario mainline game.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

It's funny how I never considered it to be a mainline game at the time of writing, I think my mind was just on the 3D platformers at the time, which does include 3D World, yes.

Which just means we are long overdue for Zelda to get her time.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

My only real concern about Age of Calamity is the enemy side didn't really have any real representation in BOTW, the Yiga have their leader but unless the Blight Ganon's suddenly start talking and acting like generals then I'm not sure what we'll be fighting in the campaign missions as far as enemy officers go.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I can't wait to hear a buttrock version of the Guardian battle music though.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Zore posted:

I mean, she is her grandmother and Paya is called out in BotW explicitly as looking like Impa did when she was young.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what people were expecting here.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

which link is the most badass?

It's not wind waker link

Wrong, it is Wind Waker Link.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

twilight princess link was able to wrestle a full plate wearing goron,

Ah yes I remember, he needed to cheat with the iron boots to win, he's a chump and would have been dead wolf meat without Midna.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Gruckles posted:

I'm curious how Skyward Sword would be received if released today. I feel like most of the complaints of the controls "not working" were people confused by gyro controls and thinking their sensor bar wasn't responding the way they expected.

Well the game still has horrible sections like the tadtone poo poo and the late game stealth section, so not much better.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Yeah durability means nothing when even a casual player like myself has more trouble with a full inventory of top tier weapons and deciding which barely used poo poo goes on the floor of a guardian shrine.

Seriously, I can't break my weapons fast enough anymore, I'm tripping over dozens of Royal and Lynel weapons.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

After playing a lot of Hyrule Warriors recently to get ready for Age of Calamity I have reached the opinion that the game has quite a few characters who are just flat out trash, I just really hate how slow Cia and King Boat are to do anything and it made getting their Lv 3 weapons each a nightmare.

By contrast the characters I play the most as are Volga, Zant and Toon Zelda, they just feel the right amount of strength and speed to me.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

He is still weird as hell though, just an all around strange design for a character and the reveal of his weirdness in Twilight Princess was kind of bad. He seemed scary throughout the game and then when you fight him he’s actually not at all.

Zant's reveal that he was nothing more than an insecure lunatic was really good actually, we already had Ganondorf in the game to fill the "calm and collected" bad guy role.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Talkin' 'bout the tone, yo.

Disney's Hercules would like a word with you.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Urbosa's Fury becomes pretty amazing when every enemy camp has at least 2 Silver tier enemies in it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

stev posted:

Ok looking at that trailer it seems the Divine Beasts work the same way as most kaiju do in games not built around them - bad and unfun.

It worked for Beast Ganon in the first Hyrule Warriors.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Are there different costumes and weapons for characters that are really wild, like the OOT/TP/SS skins in the original Hyrule Warriors or the more out-there weapons like the gauntlets and fairy bottle? That energy was what I really liked and idk if I'm as interested if it's "just" BOTW armor and weapons

So far it seems like only Link gets different outfits, and they are all from BOTW.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

mastajake posted:

I'm wondering if the Master Sword will be as OP for Link as it was in HW.

Its the BOTW Master Sword so its not the ultimate sword in terms of strength but it does shoot energy beams at full health which is neat.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

DelphiAegis posted:

This is my first time playing a dynasty warriors style game, so I'm expecting to get screwed down the line if I don't grind enough to keep everyone's levels up.

You will get screwed down the line if you don't keep people's levels up yes, late game missions and sidequests require you to use certain characters, you can't just 100% everything with just Impa and Link.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Spellman posted:

It's just a lot of Breath of the Wild assets.
Not sure what you were expecting from a game set 100 years before BOTW to not look exactly like it and have the same assets, that was part of the sell.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

pentyne posted:

It sold more then 3 million copies in 4 days, more then any Dynasty Warriors or Warriors spin off ever has in its lifetime.

People always forget that Musou games are a very niche series, they've been around for a very long time just doing their own thing.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm not going to stand for this Volga slander, he's Volvagia and Lu Bu combined and one of the best characters in the game.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What enemies keep resurrecting via Blood Moon after you beat the game? It seems like the Guardians don’t, but the Lynels and other minibosses do, as well as lesser foes.

You need to hang around Hyrule Castle town more, you'll get your answer alright.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Loucks posted:

I might be the only one here who hates AoC. It’s a totally different game with LoZ characters pasted over it. I still play it with my kid because he loves it but it is absolutely not a LoZ game in any meaningful way as far as I can tell.

It's a Dynasty Warriors game with Zelda characters, for me that's pretty much the perfect crossover game.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Loucks posted:

Hyrule Warriors seems fine, it’s just misleading to market it as a Zelda game. Unless there’s exploration and puzzles and dungeons I just haven’t found yet.

What else would they market it as though, it's just a spin-off series like Mario Kart is to the Mario platformers.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I hope the Guardians do more than just shoot a laser with a huge charge time, the ones in AoC would actually smack you with their legs and spin like a top at you.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I would be perfectly happy with the return of weapon durability if we also got more traditional special dungeon items in addition to cool glove attacks

Link's arm has durability and needs to recharge for a bit after it breaks.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

Koji Kondo is an unparalleled master. For over a decade now he typically only personally composes one or two songs per game, instead overseeing the other composers, but that one is usually the best one in the soundtrack.

I don't blame him for taking an overseer role, dude spent nearly 30 years making great music for games.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

QuasiQuack posted:

Had to look it up and found out about the horse fairy thing, but ended up reloading to an autosave. I get very easily attached to digital animals and Henrietta is a good girl. She's currently eating the apples off a korok-puzzle :allears:

If you don't blow your horse up accidently at least six times with bomb arrows then are you even playing BOTW right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I still kind of like the Zelda cartoon, not going to defend it or say it's secretly good, but I enjoy it and it's certainly an interesting take on the story of the first game. I'm just completely baffled by the decision to turn Link from a heroic wandering kid into a cocky jackass who sexually harasses the princess.

Check out Simon Belmont in Captain N.