Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

eonwe posted:

wheres the gif of the guy throwing the skeleton

http://i.imgur.com/2CTSjf0.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Where are people finding these funny gifs?

All those preview vids various reviewers put out. A couple may be from E3/treehouse stuff too.

Also yeah a store in Mexico totally leaked the game since someone just posted a picture of it, the disc, box, etc for the wii u version. It'll probably get up on the internet no later than sunday night. Just means I'll stay off the internet a bit more and keep trying to finish Skyward Sword. Just finished Lanaryu Mine.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Shoehead posted:

Holy gently caress Nintendo, why are you so bad at this???

Because making an account system is hard. Well part that part "huh so if you turn off signature checks it'll accept any ticket regardless of what console it was bound to. Oops."

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

spasticColon posted:

I tried to get a refurbished Wii U from Nintendo's online store but it wouldn't take my card and they don't accept PayPal. And what loving year does Nintendo live in that they won't accept PayPal?!

I guess I can wait a month or two to play Nintendo's anime version of Skyrim.

The world where you're supposed to use Nintendo's Ebay store if you want to use paypal. 'cause Nintendo is weird like that. Also different inventories, the paypal store still had the black wiimotion plus wiimote and nunchuk in stock"

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

spasticColon posted:

If only the idiot I talked to over the phone at Nintendo told me about this but it's Nintendo.

The idiot on the phone probably doesn't know about it to be fair. Anyway the ebay store has refurb 32gb Wii Us with nintendo land for $200.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Macintosh HD posted:

Aren't the people playing it right now using some pirated WIi U bullshit?

street date was broken in a few places but yeah there's a lot of people pirating it right now too.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

LionArcher posted:

Why the hell hasn't my copy for WII u shipped yet AMAZON. Come ON! (Also, why the hell has the guide not shipped? :derp:

Jokes on you. Amazon took more preorders than copies they got for the Wii U version.

So I'm screwed and my copy is now "ship date unknown"

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Calaveron posted:

It's gonna be so good when the day 1 Switch or BoTW patch somehow breaks the game and we will have to wait a weekend to get a fix

Unless we already have it. In which case game doesn't boot without the patch. Well if people doing the EU leak files dance are any indication.

Files leak is split between the almost 10gig game and a 2ish gig patch.

Well for Wii u. gently caress if anyone knows what the switch version will be like patch wise.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

LionArcher posted:

It says delivery date is still Friday. Book date is unknown. I did order the game the night the pre order went up.

You may be in the clear then. Mine went from Friday to "Delivery Date Pending" over the weekend.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Same. What the gently caress is this? Isn't the point of preordering to guarantee I get a loving copy?

Nintendo may have not allocated enough to Amazon or something. Like that or a bunch fell off a truck or were destroyed or whatever. Rip all those zero time dilemma watches.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

a day 1 patch for wiiu gives me hope I can buy it for wiiu and the patch increases performance

Everyone playing the leak are using the patch unless there is going to be another day 1 patch. The game refuses to launch without the current 2 gig patch.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Nintendo is a witch.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That's when you contact support and ask what the gently caress happened.

I'm still at "I dunno, check back later." I should probably do that though really I'm not going to finish Skyward Sword by Friday at this rate so it doesn't really matter.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Cool my Wii U copy is coming Tuesday. Thanks Amazon.

Well at least I'll have time to finish Skyward Sword now. Just got to the Lanayru Sand Sea.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Mar 2, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Popete posted:

I know this is highly unlikely but is Nintendo doing a pre-load at all?

They were for the EU and then that got leaked and I think they went "oh...well time to take this down" but it was already too late.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Harrow posted:

I don't know if anyone is far enough to know this yet, but I'm okay being spoiled on this aspect of the gameplay (though ideally not story): how is the Master Sword handled in this?

Do you get to wield it at all? Is it only available in certain fights? Does it have durability? I'm really curious how something like that works in a system designed around mostly-disposable weapons.

I will answer this for you. Actual spoilers and stuff.

You find it in the world in the lost woods I believe. If you don't have a certain amount of hearts you straight up die when you unsheath it. I don't know how many hearts you need.

With respect to durability. I'm pretty sure it doesn't break. It does have a cooldown though. You can use it a few times and then you have to wait a little while before you can use it again. There are ways to lower how many hearts you need to use it but that's story spoilers and stuff.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 2, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Harrow posted:

Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know.

I actually guessed that was one of the possibilities for how it'd work--that it'd either have a cooldown or be repairable. The cooldown seems a lot less annoying than having to manually repair it, which is good. I'd assume that as you go you'll power it up so that you can use it more times before triggering the cooldown?

Not sure on that front. I do know that in the presence of "malice" the sword detects evil and you just straight up ignore the cooldown and it doubles in power. Not sure what count as "malice" though. Think it's more areas in the game and not enemies.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

I lost my Pro controller's charge cable and while I know it's not proprietary none of the other half-dozen USB cables I have lying around fit the drat thing, very annoying.

It's mini USB. So same as the ps3 controller.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

God I hope that's for Wii U and Switch instead of just Switch I don't see myself getting a Switch anytime soon due to availability and it only having zelda for months. Also I'd have to put up the wii u due to space reasons and have a bunch of games still to play on the wii u

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Wii U patch is up now too so guess we'll know sooner or later if that helped with the framerate.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Wii U has plenty of framerate issues on 1.0.0. Not sure about 1.1.0 which came out a few hours ago

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Lemming posted:

Framerate issue I'm having is my Switch is running at 0fps for the next 10 hours

Yeah my Wii U is running at 0fps until Tuesday so :shrug:

edit: doesn't stop me from going and seeing people's impressions/going through the spoiler topics on other forums.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Infinitum posted:

How does one shield surf?
How does one block the laser beams and then knock them back with a shield?

Holy gently caress I just left the intro area and it's incredible. Simply incredible.

Like I don't even want to say the most basic of basic things about the game, because I feel like it would ruin the experience of discovery for people.

Parrying: Hold zL/left trigger to keep your shield up. Hit A to parry. If you time it wrong you're going to eat the attack. Not sure if all shields can parry the laser.

No idea how you shield surf.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Mr E posted:

My work day is going by quickly and I hope your's does too, friend.

Should I play with my Wii U tablet or Pro controller w/ the gyro aiming being available?

You can play with either. There's a couple shrines where it'll ask you to go to the wii u tablet for gyro aiming but they are clearly marked.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Got my Switch and game and it's great obv. My only issue is the lack of an option to change targeting to a press to target press to cancel thing, and have to hold it down. Pretty sure both 3DS remakes and WWHD had this option so unsure why BotW doesn't.

Probably has something to do with the targeting button also being the raise your shield button.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Blasphemeral posted:

I'm really interested in this game, and own a Wii-U, but don't want to spend $300+ on a new Zelda machine. The OP says the Wii-U version is virtually identical, but has anyone posted an actual analysis or comparison? I don't want to drop $60 and spend a few hours of my time just to be disappointed.

IGN did one. Digital foundry is probably working on one now.

IGN shows a bit from the very start of the game.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

ColdPie posted:

The fact that the Switch supports motion controls is the largest reason I decided not to buy a Switch. If they're there, devs will use them. And motion controls suuuuuuuuck.

Jokes on you, a few of the shrines require gyro controls and make you pick up the gamepad if you're playing on wii u

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Harrow posted:

I'm sure this has been asked way too many times, but: is there any reason not to sell all my gemstones? Like, are there things I'll need amber and opals for and I'll be sad I sold a handful of them to Beedle?

Yeah. You can make armor/head accessories with various gemstones.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Harrow posted:

What are the rarer ones, so I don't sell any that are going to be hard to come by? Amber and opals are all over the place, so I feel like it's probably okay to sell those.

Probably, unless you're super into Ocarina of Time-style dungeons, in which case probably not.

Diamonds are very rare. Sapphires and Rubies are probably a little bit more rare than the others but I'm not sure. Diamonds you don't want to sell for reasons

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

ShaneB posted:

OK so there is no main Wii U thread, so I'll just ask here. If I want a system to play some fun easy-ish games with my wife, is $200 for a 32gb, screen controller, pro controller, Mario U, and Zelda Wind Waker worth it? I was thinking about grabbing Breath of the Wild for Wii U as well, of course.

I never finished Wind Waker way back when I had a Gamecube, so it would all be new content for me.

Yeah that sounds good. There's a good 10 to 15 games on the wii u and if you want to spend the time messing with vWii you can turn it into an emulator machine for older systems (snes, genesis, nes that sort of stuff)

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Moltrey posted:

i am getting utterly slaughtered by this lion centaur man

game's cool

Lynels don't mess around.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

gently caress :( is that a critical thing or just convenience/as crafting mats?

It's Guardian defense armor mainly. Think a couple other uses too and some armor that require diamonds to upgrade them.

It's not something that is 100% required but it will sure help out.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

I heard somewhere that Octoroks repair weapons. You drop them or something and let the octorok eat it and then kill the octorok and the weapon is full durability.

Not quite. If you throw one of those rusted weapons you pick up around the world into an octorok's mouth it'll turn the weapon into it's non rusted version

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Is there an easy way to get another ancient core? I just need one more but I'm only getting springs, screws, shafts, and gears.

There's at least two shrines that have them. Otherwise just parry lasers for awhile.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

ymgve posted:

Everyone says to save your gems, but what am I saving them for? I have been basically everywhere except the castle now and haven't found anyone that does something with my gemstones.

You use gems for two things: Reforging unique weapons when they break or for making various jewelry that give resistance to elements including guardian resistance.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

Speaking of which, how am I suppose to find the dude with the maaracas again to give him more of the seeds?

He told you he was heading up the hylia river back to his home in the korok forest.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Outside of quest poo poo or the sake of simply getting 100% do I have to take pictures. Kinda wish that wasn't in the game at all

Well stuff you take a picture of gets added to your sheikah slate locator so you can search for more than just shrines.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Torquemadras posted:

...goddammit. Turns out it's impossible to play the DLC on the standard 8GB Wii-U, since all updates together go well above the ~4gig or so actually available in storage.

I don't really feel like getting a new HDD just for an old dead console, but I don't really know what else I could do... Maybe I'll just get one, keep it around for all DLC until I'm done with the game, move everything to a reformatted USB stick, then reformat the HDD to use for something else. Just so that I don't feel like I'm spending waaaaaaay too much for this. :( Anybody knows of a better way to play the DLC?

I'm just using a relatively fast usb stick and stuff works okay.

Edit: This guy. Probably don't need a 256 gb version though https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YFI1A66/

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 2, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

pentyne posted:

Wait so you can use USB memory sticks? I thought the WiiU could only use external HDDs with a power source.

Usb memory sticks generally work. Slower ones can be a speed issue for load times etc but a decent one should be fine for reading installed games. Usb hard drives can work but a lot of them (not all) need a y cable to get power over us and data and power from a second usb slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Spergatory posted:

Actually the optimal way is to stasis downed tree trunks and hit them until they reach maximum velocity and then stand on them and jump as they launch so Link's ragdoll is launched at the perfect angle and velocity for maximum speed long-distance gliding. :goonsay:

The Mercenary Tao flight plan.