Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

poo poo that is sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

frodnonnag posted:

Speadruns of this game are going to be LEGENDARY

Appearntly you can just run over to Ganon's Castle and try to kill him from the near start.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sincere hope is that the final boss if you go to the castle right away is different from the final boss if you 100% the story

Part of me wants to go see whats up if I tackle the castle right away but the other part of me thinks it would be lame to y'know, do the story and go on this huge quest when I already know the final bosses patterns and how to kill it with a handful of twigs.

E: Like it has different attacks or something I mean, not expecting a different character.

Like an Extra form for Ganon or something. I would not be too surprised if that was a thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
gently caress me. My copy of the game is flawed in some way. If there is a memory or flashback cutscene the game has a high chance of crashing. (And the blood moon it crashes during the blood moon too)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly Guardians are not that hard to parry. I have messed up the timing on it but it did not take long for me to get the timing down for it pretty easily.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Will the Master Sword just magic itself back into my inventory after 10 minutes or do I need to go back to the Deku Tree to get it again?

The former it appears.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cojawfee posted:

The motion controls in this game are great. How could you complain about them? You aren't forced to do anything in the main game with motion controls. Motion controls only supplement the joysticks. The use of motion controls in the shrines is cool and good.

Yeah the few motion control puzzles there are are not bad at all.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

GobiasIndustries posted:

Done, done, and done. Question tho, why not sell diamonds (and luminous stones)? I've stumbled into 4 diamonds before my first dungeon and they seem to have a hefty selling price

Well don't sell luminous stones. You can exchange them for Diamonds in Zora's domain.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hope Darknuts are in the new game. They were one of the big original Zelda enemies missing and I felt like we needed a more elite enemy between Moblin and Lynel.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NofrikinfuN posted:

Hinox: Am I a joke to you?

Hinox is a boss enemy. Lynel's tough as they are are technically normal enemies.

Blaziken386 posted:

Also, turning "somewhat justified and sympathetic" Windwaker Ganon into an explicit "Capital E Evil, born from the unending hatred of a dark god" robs him of a lot of his character.

He was still a selfish monster whose justification was simply that he liked the poo poo other people had and so decided to steal it, after which he corrupted everything declared himself Demon King, and ruled as a cruel tyrant.

The reason the King and Ganon were meeting in Ocarina was to bring the Gerudo into the fold, which would improve their lot in life, but Ganon was planning on just uspuring the King rather than use the offered help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

s.i.r.e. posted:

That's only the very end where everything he just worked towards is taken from him and he loses his mind. Prior to that he's not the typical Ganondorf that just wants to enslave the gently caress out of the world and rule over it. Isn't his whole mission just to bring Hyrule back from being under the waves?

No he plans to enslave the world and rule the gently caress out of it. His wish is to bring Hyrule back to the surface and make it his. And he still tries to kill Link several times.