Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://twitter.com/Frederic_Luu/status/742778221977034752

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

This chick on the Nintendo stream has some huge cans

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

So this new game has only 4 dungeons?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

pentyne posted:

Yes, and literally nothing else to do but travel from point to point to reach them.

More to come with DLC? Sad. Even the game boy game had like 9 dungeons

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

How many motion control shrines are there? The one where you move the ball around on the platform thing legitimately made me stop playing it was retarded as gently caress

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Harrow posted:

Not too many, and most of them are easier and shorter than that.

Also you can cheese the hell out of that one in two different ways.

First: turn the platform correctly and you can make the ball fall down right in the middle of the final path so you don't have to navigate the maze.

Or second, and even better: flip the controller over and the platform will flip over completely, giving you a flat surface to work with.

Yeah I eventually got it by doing the first method but the wii u motion controls didnt translate accurately at all. Complete crapshoot. Like flipping the controller upside down just rotated the platform at a weird angle

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I got to final Ganon form but I can't deflect shots with the shield at all, it destroyed all my shields in short order and now i can't seem to do any damage to him.

And I've only beaten 2 divine beasts. If I come back later will I have to fight all the Ganon forms again? I didnt mean to fight him already but what the hell.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

mastajake posted:

Is one of the beasts you beat the camel? Cause the power you get from it trivializes that stage of Ganon.

No I beat the Zora one and the flying one

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Why does this game only allow one save file? Even Ocarina of Time had 3

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Can you bring those metal doors or shelves from the library into the Ganon boss fight? And if so are they indestructible

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Why dis they make the divine beasts have basically no enemies in them?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Is there a way to transfer my save file from Wii U to Switch

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I already beat this on Wii U now I've started again on Switch. Is the DLC worth it? And the thing that shows where you have walked on the map, will it work on my game in progress or does it require a new file to be started?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Just saw a "Stalnox" are these new or only on the Switch version?

I beat the game on Wii U and in my over 9000 hours play time I never saw one

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Spergatory posted:

No idea how you missed them, but they're definitely here. The only thing exclusive to the Switch version of the game is 900p resolution.

Weird. I completed almost all the shrines too. I seriously never saw one.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Not even the one in Hyrule Castle?

Nope and I went all through there. Maybe my game was glitched or something since I never turned the Wii U off. Googling it I see lots of posts about people not being able to wake them up.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Spergatory posted:

Except Hyrule Castle buddy. He's happy to play whenever you show up.

If you never saw a Stalnox, then you never found the Hylian Shield, which means you did not explore the castle as thoroughly as you think.

No I definitely found that

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Mindblast posted:

If you have that shield, you beat a Stalnox because that shield is literally the reward for beating one in that place.

I think it was leaning against a wall

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

maltesh posted:

It's in a chest, normally. One that doesn't appear until you finish the fight.

Could someone else have played your save and not told you?

I'm definitely the only person to play it. Weird. If i load it up and go back there should one spawn?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Ok I watched a video of the fight in the castle and I did in fact fight one there. Just never saw one out and about in the overworld I guess, sorry all

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Is the strategy guide for this worth buying

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Literally the point is exploration and discovery, so I'd say you'd be doing yourself a disservice.

bro i have already beaten the game so it would just be for completing all the obscure stuff and it can be a pain to keep looking stuff up on the ipad

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

i never went to hyrule castle early because the game never really gave me a reason to. like all i knew that was there is the end of the game, and why would i try beatings the game when i have some much other game to play?

there's a quest you can stumble on early on that asks you to get a recipe from the castle but that's not really good incentive either. i think the game would benefit if someone in some town gave you the idea of "hey, you're really not strong enough to take on ganon yet but there is a lot of good stuff on the castle that might help you out". something to push the player into checking it out every now and then

There is a quest some random person gives you to steal a shield from the castle too

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Is there a way to cheese the Korok stealth mission? I failed it twice

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Zopotantor posted:

From the Funny Pictures thread:

lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I never bought the DLC, how does the motorcycle work? Like how do you unlock it? And i read something about having to give it fuel is that true? I'm wondering how it fits into the game at all

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

You have to beat the second DLC story stuff (the dungeon and boss) and they just reward it to you for no god drat reason. It's just in there to be fun, it doesn't make any sense storywirse. Also, in order to gain access to that dungeon you have to beat the other 4 dungeons in the main game; aka you have to be at the end-game to get the bike. And yes, you have to fuel it with apples or whatever.

Thanks, fueling it sounds kinda dumb, I think i'll give it a miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If you just started the game I'd just crash through the 4 temples as quickly as possible, it's not that much honestly, and get it to do the rest of the side-quests/majority of the shrines. It's the best mode of transportation hands down. Plus the quest for it is some of the best content in the game too for what it's worth.

Pretty sure the bike is his divine beast.

I've already played through the main game entirely twice so I kinda got burned out on it. The only thing I'd have left to do is find random korok seeds.