Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Jose Oquendo posted:

Just got this today. Loving it so far, aside from re-learning some controls.

Question about materials: Is there a decent guide anywhere for them? Like, which ones can I just sell without worrying? What should I horde? Should I hang onto a certain amount of others? Stuff like that.

You get enough materials that you don't need to hoard them. You're supposed to use them. Some of the stuff can ne used for armor upgrades but nothing is worth holding onto if you want some extra money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
My only gripe on the controls is that I wish jumping toward a wall was mandatory to begin climbing it because I hit my fair share of door frames and corners and just latched onto it like a weird lizard. Fine except in combat

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

veni veni veni posted:

Did you guys find yourself using horses much. I think I've spent like an hour on horseback out of the 30+ I've played.

They're how I got to towers and did mighty battle against all the guardians and hinoxes in the world

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

spit on my clit posted:

oh hi gigantic horse in the middle of nowhere. you're mine now.

This guy is the best trust me

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I had read somewhere that when you tame the Giant Horse, it doesn't get a bridle if you register it, but I guess whoever wrote that was mistaken because ole' Ganondorf is dressed to impress. And by impressing Boko faces into the loving ground. :getin:

You can't change his stuff from what he gets by default

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Whistling is new link's instrument

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Bum the Sad posted:

Dude I have a launch day Wii U and a launch day Switch oh and a launch N64, Game Cube, Wii, DS. I love Nintendo and this game. I think it's funny they neutered the Wii U version to make it not "superior." It's clearly intended for the game pad to be an always on map/menu.

Yeah I was assuming that would be the set-up before I bought it honestly.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

well why not posted:

I mean, they could just make what amounts to Windwaker 2 in the BotW engine. Return to the great sea, ramp up the black outlines and set sail for adventure.

I'd buy ocean adventure dlc

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Yeah I like the game as it is. Hopefully they like everyone's mail-in ideas for patch notes though.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Harrow posted:

It cuts out the repetitive combat trials and removes the loading screens from the blessing shrines. That's an unambiguous upgrade if you ask me. I could be a lot harsher but frankly I think blessing and combat trial shrines are a huge cop out and often a waste of time.

Cool, I'm glad you're here doing this for everyone

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Bombadilillo posted:

You aren't supposed to fight him

I beat him up because I enjoy pain

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

april 1st

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

veni veni veni posted:

Is there any reason to try and kill one of those dragons? I haven't seen a single mention of them for the entire game.

I don't think killing them is a thing but they drop rare upgrade items depending on where you shoot them as they pass.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Headshot, full sword combo, mounting attack, slowtime headshot on dismount, repeat

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Weapon durability is what makes the open world really work imo and doing away with it would take a lot away from exploration vs difficulty curve

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

mabels big day posted:

I have all the shrines and armor and everything and i dont even know where snow bowling is

Same.

I wish I could do ng+ and only the tunic of the wild set carried over.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Stable guy is racist. A deer is close enough to a horse you fucker.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Wildtortilla posted:

Should I sell luminous stones or do they turn into something more valuable?

A quest needs 10 of them once and they can dye your clothes. I say sell.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Meridian posted:

Does anyone have a suggestion for general zone progression? Just finished getting the data slate upgrade last night , trying to figure out which direction to go next.

Zora and Rito first for exploration and survival boosts and then wander as you like. I did Rito last and its reward was essentially wasted on me by that point.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Alec Eiffel posted:

You're a dumb rear end bitch if you mimic amiibo functions. I just paid $11 for SSB Link (new!) on eBay. Either the seller didn't know it has a purpose/value now or I'm about to be sent an empty cardboard box.

I just beat all the sidequests and junk and I'm thinking about save scumming the smash link one and see if theres any rad poo poo I can get

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

RFX posted:

Is there any use to the Hylian Armor or disadvantage to the Soldiers Armor that I'm missing? The Soldiers Armor has the higher defense, so I'm thinking there is also some downside, especially since most videos seem to have Link wearing the Hylian Armor. As far as I can tell, you just occasionally have to switch off the Soldiers set for lightning, but that's such a fast and short switch its barely a disadvantage.

Lightning doesn't attract to any armor sets. Only weapons, shields, and bows.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

GobiasIndustries posted:

God drat do the white zebra Lynels hit hard. I've got a full 3-star soldier armor set and their direct hits still take ~1/2-ish of my health (e: 21 hearts). gonna have to start making more elixers and get better at dodging, not to mention raising the crazy amount of money for the last fairy so I can start that fun grind for L4 armor. 10k rupees is...rough.

If its one of those club using ones I found dodging to be tougher than the others so it was parry city when I fought them. Also those are the ones who hit the hardest.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

w00tmonger posted:

Is this game going to expect me to do anything?

Not really. The only real things it asks are defeat the divine beasts, defeat ganon, get that sword, remember memories. All you ever are actually expected to do is beay ganon

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Korok mask would be too strong

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Yiga fort seemed easy to me. Just don't sprint or cross in front of them.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Augus posted:

What if you used all of your stamina potions to get up

Warp out

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I thought only the fish lady and the shiekah girl gave a poo poo at all

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
You absolutely can dodge while locked on

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Inverness posted:

Is getting the ancient armor set really worth it? I went tearing through Hyrule Castle to loot the Hylian shield and I had no trouble dealing with the guardians. Judicious use of stasis combined with regular arrows and the master sword does it for me all of the time. Occasionally an ancient arrow if I'm in a hurry.

I wear the Soldier's Helm, Soldier's Greaves, and Champion's Tunic all with the third upgrade in cases like that.

It gives you an 80 percent damage bonus to laserweapons which is handy and cool

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
He's got no spurs but he's faster than most other horses by virtue of gigantism

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
You can sell poo poo to basically any vendor and they're all infinitely rich.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

GreatGreen posted:

Wow.

I don't mean to bitch constantly about the game but between this and the horse summoning limitation that doesn't even make sense, it seems like the developers really went out of their way to be obnoxious about a bunch of small QoL things.

Find as many things as you want to complain about. This game has been amazing the whole way through.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Skyward sword is a very good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Tim Burns Effect posted:

I saw that the Sheikah and Dark Link sets both have "night speed up" as a set bonus, is the Dark Link set faster than the Sheikah one or are they about the same (trying to decide if i want to actually buy it or not)

Shiekah suit is better in every way and by far. It just doesn't look edgy and rad.