Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eiji Aonuma seemed so genuinely thrilled to win :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

A question about what I've read so far, before I play (basic premise of the DLC spoilers): are you stuck at a quarter heart for the entire DLC, or just for a portion of it? That'll determine if my anticipation to play this takes the form of excitement or dread.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Harrow posted:

A question about what I've read so far, before I play (basic premise of the DLC spoilers): are you stuck at a quarter heart for the entire DLC, or just for a portion of it? That'll determine if my anticipation to play this takes the form of excitement or dread.

Did a little more digging and answered my own question. It's just the first part of it. Cool. I would've been bummed if I had to deal with dying in one hit for the entire time and/or couldn't use my other weapons.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The whole DLC is out.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

It'd make the game kind of pay to win?

Making the DLC armor able to have comparable defense to existing armor would be pay-to-win?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

considering most of the other armor in the game you need to build resources to purchase in game, while you pay a real world price for the dlc armor and more or less get it in game where all you have to do is track it down? Yeah, kind of.

I mean, don't people expect that content DLC in a game with gear is going to have new gear in it? Horizon Zero Dawn's DLC has new outfits, weapons, and mods. The outfits and weapons are even better versions of the weapons and outfits you can get in the main game, and the mods you can get are really good, too. It also increases the level cap by 10. But it's a content DLC, with new quests and monsters and areas, so I'd kind of expect new gear to be there, and to be useful, which is why it doesn't feel like pay-to-win.

Now, some of the Amiibo gear you can get in Breath of the Wild could be pushing it, like the Twilight Bow's ridiculous range. And because it's from Amiibo, there's no new game content surrounding it, either. But I wouldn't have any problem at all with the DLC armor being upgradable so that it's actually comparable with the stuff you get in the base game. Sure, the new sets have better set bonuses than base game armor, but it's explicitly endgame stuff--it should be really good. As it stands now I guess it's a self-imposed challenge or something, trade all your defense for an extra set bonus or two, but the balance really doesn't allow for that.

(This is all because Nintendo's completely subtractive defense system is very, very :psyduck: but that's a whole different issue)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's a crime that the Monster Saddle and Bridle are not used to let you have a permanent skeleton horse.

If the next Zelda is the Majora's Mask to BotW's Ocarina, then I hope they let us stable non-regular horse mounts, because some of them are really cool. If nothing else let me ride a deer around like I'm in Princess Mononoke or some poo poo

Regy Rusty posted:

I would never leave a shrine unfinished.

Early in the game I leave Major Tests of Strength unfinished because I don't have the weapons to get through them, then come back once I do. (Which usually means that as soon as I finish a Major Test of Strength, I can just use the weapons I got from that to finish the other ones.)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

They all come back each day.

Note that you'll always get a scale the first time you shoot a dragon, no matter where you hit it, probably because you need one of each scale for shrine quests. After that, though, you can start getting the more specific parts.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rito bows are good, too (Swallow or Falcon). They don't zoom, but they have a really long range so you don't have to account for arrow drop as much. Just don't use the Great Eagle Bow, because it fires three arrows and will probably hit something you aren't aiming at.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

Hey so there’s a whole rear end green dragon here? Do I go towards it

Hell yeah, go hang out with the dragon

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ulvir posted:

finally managed to complete the beginner master sword trial :dance:

does the upgrades improve durability as well or just base dmg?

Only the base damage until you get the final upgrade, at which point it permanently has the same damage and durability as it does when it's in glowing mode.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I remember the grand majority of the game on WiiU, but I'm still tempted to re-buy it on the Switch. :negative:

I did. Don't regret it. I was gonna play it again anyway :v:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am extremely stoked to play as Impa, she looks fun as hell oh my god

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is Genshin Impact the most high-production value gacha ever, or are there a bunch of "look like a polished, normal game but is actually a gacha" games out there I just haven't heard of?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fi’s help being optional is the only thing I hoped for from a Skyward Sword remaster and I honestly didn’t expect that kind of change so I’m pretty happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

this is going to own so hard lmao