Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Harrow posted:

Also, the Sheikah scope isn't as usable as it could be. Unless I'm really missing something, the inability to adjust its zoom is baffling to me, especially because you can adjust the camera rune's zoom just fine. Sometimes when I get up high and use the scope to look for pins (because they're too short to be seen over hills or trees), I'm zoomed in so far that I have to scan around longer than I want to find the pins, where if I could zoom out I'd find it right away.

Yeah the lack of a wind waker style telescope zoom is ridiculous. What I end up doing is looking around in 3rd person, then if I see a bit of a shrine or something, I am towards that, then pull out the slate. That way you're already dialed in and you just need to do fine adjustment. Because trying to scan the horizon in that much zoom is impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cojawfee posted:

Flameproof is really lame because it only matters for about 10-20 minutes. After that, you have the armor that makes you flameproof. Then you get a quest that pretty much requires the flameproof armor and the reward is flameproof elixirs. :/

But you need two pieces of flameproof armor to do the full zone. Yes, if you go in with tons of money you can just do that. But if you don't have tons of rupees on hand, it works out you can buy one piece and use elixirs on top to get by, or go do the quest to get the free piece, or do that other quest and get more elixirs, etc.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Go to the stables near dueling peaks. Wait at the cooking thing until night. Talk to the guy standing outside about the moon. When he says it will be a full moon, teleport to the top of dueling peaks. Then spend the whole night twirling the camera around until you see a star fragment fall. Mark it with your scope and teleport over to it.

Is it only full moons? I was wondering if there was some trick to which nights have a star fall.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

Wouldn't you still be required to sit there for hours messing with the clock and rerolling even in that case? The OoT/8 bit/WW Link armor is pretty much the same as the *of the wild set, but I would actually kind of like to get the Deity poo poo and was just hoping it would be in DLC down the road instead of amiibo only.

Minutes, yes. Hours? no.

It makes me sad that people who are spoofing have access to DLC that people who pay nintendo money don't even have yet. I guess that's how it goes. Nintendo put out the new fierce diety amiibo already I want that poo poo!

Mega64 posted:

Link being hot is officially canon.

And has been for years, see OOT

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

what the gently caress http://kotaku.com/the-worst-mission-in-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-1793526430

how can people say this was FF15 chapter 13 levels of horrid I feel like I am taking crazy pills. I beat this mission on the first loving try, jesus it was piss easy

It was annoying as gently caress, but comparing it to FF15 chapter 13 is straight ridiculous because its entirely optional while chapter 13 is required in FF15.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

General Morden posted:

am i not supposed to be at the akkala citadel ruins at 3 hearts

this place seems like an extreme high level area

Yeah that's pretty much as high level as it gets, other than Hyrule Castle

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

Do you ever get used to having to press the A button to interact with everything? It feels so weird for the outermost face button to be given such a primary role.

Sure, most japanese games used circle for acknowledge on the PS1/PS2/PS3, instead of cross. (Cross was cancel instead of circle) And a few of them remained that way for the US release, like Final Fantasy Tactics.

I just can't get over having to have run and jump as B and X. That's dumb. That's super dumb.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dark set, Wild set, Radiant Set, uhhhhh Amiibo Sets... uhhhhhh....

You didn't mention champions or hyrule either but I assume you have those

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hacker :filez:

I'll be getting that set as soon as the amiibo ships :argh:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tim Burns Effect posted:

So i don't plan on buying any of the jewelry or upgrading any of my armor to level 4 except the Armor of the Wild, is there any reason for me to not just sell all my gems?

If you already have all the accessories (earrings, tiaras, whatever) from gerudo, and you don't want to upgrade any armors, then go nuts and sell everything.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dirk the Average posted:

Something that took me way too long to figure out - food that boosts your maximum hearts or your maximum stamina is automatically a full heal/stamina refresh. Cooking just one hearty truffle/durian/whatever is a full heal and cooking just one enduring carrot is a full stamina refill. Absolutely amazing for keeping everything up and running.

Still haven't found all of the great faeries, but I've hit the point in the game where I'm miniboss farming. I notice a lot of people are recommending +Attack food/gear, but honestly rocking defense food and a level 3 soldier set means that I take very little damage when I inevitably screw up while fighting them. It's a nice set of training wheels that I'll start replacing with proper damage upgrades once I get more comfortable.

I realized this about health like the day the game came out, so I'm sitting here reading your post going all :smuggo: and then I go "...wait, stamina too?"

Hahaha

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

What amiibos unlock special armor sets?

Basically, all of the Link ones.

All the non-Link Zelda ones give you stuff, but its not armor sets. All of the non-zelda ones just give you a couple paltry foodstuffs.

Smash gives you twilight set, 8-bit gives you classic set, wind waker gives you wind waker set, OOT gives you OOT set, and the upcoming majora's gives you fierce diety's and the upcoming twilight gives the same twilight set as the OG smash link, and the skyward link I think gives you skyward armor set too.

Basically all just variations on the set of the hero you get for getting all the shrines, but they're aesthetically matching the game the amiibo came from.

Oh and Shiek gives you the helmet but its not a "set".

And I guess I should point out there are a couple Link ones that don't give you sets; the new BOTW ones don't.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I've come to the conclusion there must be several types of Korok puzzles I don't even recognize as such. I have about 320 and I feel like, outside of Hyrule Castle, I've explored fairly thoroughly. I could see if I had even 320/500, but out of 900, I just... where can they be?

Either that or they've formed an army to storm the castle. This game is a completionist's nightmare. I found all the gold skulltulas in Ocarina, and all the Maiamai babies in ALBW, but there's just no way I'll even attempt this. I may not even get the 441 necessary to max out my inventory.

Its very very likely. There's a ton of different ways they hide Koroks and its easy to miss one or the other because you're running into other ones and you don't know what you don't know.

I wonder if there's a korok guide somewhere...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Thyrork posted:

YOU CAN USE A OCTO BALLON ON THEM?!

:arghfist::haw: This loving game!

What else are Octo Ballons good for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGZElRJtyCo