Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Is there any way to activate this thing on rist peninsula if I just ran into it or is it quest related?

There's an orb on the hill at the start of the spiral you have to bring to the center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

DaveKap posted:

Is it just me or does this guy have no fuckin' clue how to say Iwata's name? I mean, I don't speak Japanese, but I'm pretty sure I've heard Miyamoto say "Iwata-san" a few times and it wasn't "Iohwata-san."

It's alright, it doesn't seem like he knows how to pronounce English words, either.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Imagine a Breath of the Wild where you can still break all the puzzles, but you have an annoying partner character yelling at you for doing so.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

El Burbo posted:

How the heck do you get stal hinoxes to wake up. I see the skeletons lying around but I can hop up all over them all through the night and they don't budge

If you get to them too early before night fully comes around they just won't get up sometimes. Teleport to the nearest shrine and come back to see if that does it, it worked for me.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Divine Beasts will change forms to spell out "LINK" and be in different locations.

You'll bomb a wall and just see a glowing elephant inside staring at you.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm not going to play an entire Zelda map randomly in a hypothetical Zelda Maker and then find out that the guy making it was a fuckhead 20 minutes in.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CrashCat posted:

Length would have to be limited, but Mario Maker is full of fuckheads and just shuffles most of them off to Expert and Super Expert.

As someone with all but one costume in Mario Maker (that loving level 2 gnat attack) I'm well aware.

It's kind of amazing how six levels can take two hours to clear because you have to find six levels in a row that are actually good enough to play, all the while running against a clock of "how many lives will you lose to random levels that just kill you off before you can skip them because they start you off in a pit or right next to an enemy?"

The problem is even if you limit it to dungeons then you have to do some gymnastics as to figure out what items some random will have, so then you have weird dungeons with the same problem as Link Between Worlds where you know what to do because it gave you items x,y,z.

I suppose they could parse it out into people making maps and dungeons separate and then have people just make "the bomb dungeon" but then you still get problems where you clear like five dungeons and then find out the map your on just put 50 darknuts on this one tile into the next dungeon and now you need to skip something and it better not be the dungeons I just cleared.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I had the brilliant idea to test if that's what the game wanted, except bombs will hurt me so I got out of the cart and, whoops, there it goes.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Make enemies have to suffer with durability so that if you want the good weapons you have to electrocute enemies using them before they break them.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

No items, Ravali only, Hyrule Castle

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

hard mode, you only get to save if you have an amiibo, and you can save only once per amiibo

Sidon in stores now!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

parallelodad posted:

My shrine detector is going crazy towards the northwest corner of the world if I jump off the map and face back towards it. I know there must be an underground shrine somewhere but I've scoured the area and haven't found an entrance.

It's not back there, the entrance is from the other side of the mountains where there's a door that leads underground.

I spent entirely too much time trying to see where the entrance of that shrine was from the wrong side.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I've registered three horses, and the first one was because at the beginning of the game I beelined south to the ocean and started going counter-clockwise along the beach, and eventually came up on a trio of Bokoblins on horseback that could all one-shot me, so when I finally managed to make a stand and wreck their poo poo I stole one of their horses. I named him Sand Bass after registering him (because he was the sand bastard). I then stabled him for 40 hours until Hebra, and that poor bastard is still stuck up there in the snow because why the hell would you use horses when I can teleport everywhere and horses can't climb?

The few times I used him or one of the others I found myself constantly stopping to get off to check things anyway.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I didn't see a single rupee for like the first ten hours of the game but when I've needed them I've always had tons of poo poo to sell. I have no idea how people are wanting for cash.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

like I'm not farming enemies, I'm not making runs to ore, I'm not even cooking stuff into meals or elixirs to raise the price, I just sell a ton of monster parts and always come ahead with a poo poo ton of money.

edit: I hadn't even been selling ore until like the last time I went to a shop, I just haven't had to.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Oaki is big, and strong, and my friend, and everyone is and should be proud of him.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Harrow posted:

Oh man, just trying to hit those stupid birds dropping bombs was driving me crazy. I think I just have a lot of trouble with how Epona steers in this, and the fact that the "go faster" and "dismount" buttons are both A is really tripping me up--I'm not used to needing to already be moving to hit A and move faster, so I accidentally dismounted a ton.

You're not crazy, that sequence is awful in a uniquely terrible way and is the lowpoint of that game and Zelda at large to me.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Let someone remake Castlevania II with it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Run towards the Rito town until you're speedboosting, charge it, and shinespark up to the flying Divine Beast.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dizz posted:

nope it's just federation force 2 with open world and online. you start at the plateau to collect resources to repair your jump jets that allow safe descent. something else about customizing your character to do specific things like heal or fire rockets who gives a poo poo I didn't play that mess.

all puzzles with orange glowing balls are the same, except now you're the ball!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Don't ever buy DLC until you know what it is.

lmao at Season Passes.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Saddened that there is no light cycle shrine.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bruceski posted:

In the NW corner by the shrine, there's a small (for a Hinox) Hinox skeleton in a field of flowers. Didn't turn into a Stalnox at night or anything. Is there something to do here or just flavor?

There's nothing particularly special about that one, no. Sometimes when you are too close to one between the transition from day to night they just don't wake up.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Just 5 shrines left and no desire to look anything up.

Let's go bitches.

EDIT: Also I did the Gerudo dungeon last and while I didn't really have any trouble with either of the things most people complain about, the constant, sometimes less than a minute apart Yiga ambushes are so god damned annoying that I'm glad I did it last.

Also Hyrule Castle is an awesome dungeon.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 3, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm just upset that the help from the Divine Beasts ends up just being taking off half his health, they had the perfect setup to make it so that taking out the "blight" ganon's remove some power of his like some classic JRPG boss but instead the cool fight is cut in half and he still has all the weapons.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Roundabout Route posted:

With this in mind, I dunno what other enemies they could put in and still maintain the game's balance. Maybe monsters that don't use weapons could have their body parts fall off like the Stalfos arms in this game. Bombchu tails as explosive flails, Skulltula legs as boomerangs...

Like Likes are an obvious miss, considering they steal shields in the old games and could just as easily have an excuse to dump good shields or even other equipment (or even give another enemy the ability to eat off rust instead of just one type of Octorok).

And I don't think that terribly matters anyway because it's not like Moldugas don't just explode into treasure chests.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Y'all are overthinking it. Just go up that ladder to the banana storehouse then walk on the rafter beams, hop behind the wall, drop a nanner, climb the opposite ladder, raid the treasure room, smack the boss with magnesis.

Hell they give you so many bananas, that if you want you can drop a ton of them and watch as the one in your way finds one, then gets distracted by another one and is preoccupied for as long as you want.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I feel like I ruined Typhlo Ruins because if you nock a fire arrow it acts like a giant flashlight and you can keep it like that without ever using it so I just walked right up to the ruins and climbed into them.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

How do you find your percentage? I can't even find how many shrines I've beaten unless it's during a loading screen :saddowns:

It doesn't show up until you beat the game, where it shows up on the map screen in the bottom left corner.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Can you keep playing after you beat Gannon? Do Blood Moons still happen?

I mean after the credits and everything it goes back to the title screen and your most recent save will be right outside the final room with a star on your save file. There's no, like, saved Hyrule to go back to with no enemies or whatever.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

Can anyone give me a hint how to at least take a step into Thyphlo Ruina without falling into muck? Oh there is a bridge over to it that I just found...

RCarr posted:

I paraglided in.

There's a bridge but also the way the zone works is that if you drop the second it goes into darkness while paragliding you're still over the mud, it's kind of disorienting. I know I fell in the first time but you can just fly in as long as you keep moving forward after the cutscene.

Also for those who were wondering where they're going for the next Zelda...

quote:

The next game might be an even greater challenge, but will it evolve the open air concept of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild or will you make a dungeon clearing-type game?

Aonuma: “In the future, this will probably become the standard form.”

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/legend-zelda-breath-wild-open-air-concept-new-standard-producer-says

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Fi, but she's just an app on the Sheikah Slate and tries to tell you inconsequential poo poo while you're looking at the map.

"You've placed a marker on the Rito village... did you know that a blue rupee is worth 5 rupees?"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Go all in with the robot motif and Monolithsoft's help and just make Zeldablade with one gigantic robot dungeon.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Runcible Cat posted:

The Zora zone seems to have been set up as the next in sequence, as far as sequence means anything in this game - you've got a nice combat training run up to Zora's Domain with Sidon checking in on you regularly, and you get a massively useful item when you get there. Just leave Kakariko by the entrance overlooking the swamp; there are a couple of shrines to open up and a couple of Zoras to meet.

Also even before you get too close you find a ton of different Zoras going "oh hey you're a Hylian, maybe please could you come to our village to see what's going on, you look cool"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Link should be able to craft weapons together, but because he's bad at it he should put two weapons together to make them stronger but then that weapon breaks more easily. And then the model is just the two weapons taped together with random materials.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Of course the last shrine I was missing was near one of the first routes I took off the great plateau and involved putting an orb into something long before I knew what those little stands were for.

But drat, 120 hours of pure joy was pretty drat good.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FooF posted:

What would Cryonis+ even look like? :gasp: 5 blocks at a time!?

To all the rain-haters, Cryonis+ would be awesome if it could be used on merely "wet" surfaces rather than actual bodies of water. "Oh its raining! Time to climb!"

Freeze enemies now that you can freeze the water inside them :getin:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You slide your shield down a hill and into a lake and ice forms up under you so you can continue sliding.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shoren posted:

^^^ Moon phase does not affect appearance rate. I collected 13 straight using this method without a problem. Sometimes fragments will despawn if they land behind a hill or otherwise break initial line of sight, but it's rare. Usually you'll get a big yellow beacon to follow and they'll stick around even after teleporting.

I feel like if you don't actually mark them and then teleport that they actually despawn, unless they're capable of spawning on the complete rear end end of the map.

I know I've looked at where a star has fallen and it's behind some mountain or something so I can't mark it, and if I teleport closer to where it should be it doesn't show up anywhere, but I could just be missing them still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

The bright light is where they IMPACT. But they can roll and such.

I don't think they actually load in as an item until you're close but I also haven't personally seen them fall on the edges of anything, either.

But in the instances I was talking about I couldn't see the light pillar after teleporting at all.

Runcible Cat posted:

It could have fallen in water, mud or malice - were you getting the beacon, or just following the track by eye?

In those instances where I can't see it I've just marked the general direction of where it went on my map, teleport to a shrine close to it, and then look in that same direction. In those instances I've always just lost track of it, but if I mark it directly or don't teleport at all and just head towards it I can always find it (provided I make it there before morning).

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 6, 2017