Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Have they said if the DLCs will be available for Wii U too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Harrow posted:

I'd be shocked if they weren't, honestly.

Yeah considering they released the game on both consoles it's just more money for them at this point. You either bought the Switch for BOTW or you didn't and just bought BOTW.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Ohtsam posted:

Yes, Amazon even has the digital codes available for preorder

Would you be so kind to link them (the Wii U ones)? For some reason the words season pass or dlc or zelda digital codes don't show anything, maybe I'm just dumb.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Thanks! The EU amazon site I was using was formatted differently, this one's much better.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

You're criticizing Nintendo for something you think might happen?

duh

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

ymgve posted:

Doesn't matter if it's the Wii U version or Switch. Just got the game, playing the Switch version on a TV, and the framerate issues are horrible. This is post-patch too.

Considering the number of fantastic reviews it's received, even by the most nitpicky irl autistic youtubers, I call complete bullshit on the "horrible" framerate issues.

Blighttown in DS1 had horrible framerate issues. Batman Arkham Knight pc has horrible framerate issues. They were mentioned in most reviews. Nintendo doesn't get a free pass at all, and is way less influential than Sony, EA or Activision (to name some) have ever been on "gaming journalism".

Infinitum posted:

Been playing for hours now.

I have done absolutely nothing this game and it's amazing :swoon:

HOW'S THE loving poo poo HORRIBLE ROTTEN VAGINA FRAMERATE TREATING YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Popete posted:

Can anyone on Wii U confirm framerate issues?

Both reviews and individual reports seem to indicate that framerate issues are similar on both consoles and got better after the day 1 patch.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

BexGu posted:

Does the Day 1 Patch for the Wii U version help with the various slow downs?

The games are almost identical other than resolution wise. The day 1 patches are identical too, they do improve the framerate but in villages and heavy weather effects + explosions you might still experience some slowdowns.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

only have 1 question: why is it always loving raining in this amazing game

but more precisely, why does it always start raining when I'm on a goddamn huge mountain wall

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

does an item that prevents you from sliding off mountain walls while raining exist

because if it does its the most powerful item in the game, rain is aggravating as gently caress

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

the stealth yiga part sucks massive loving donkey balls and the game should've gotten 0.2 less just because of it. and im a nintendo fanboy.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Zore posted:

have you tried just murdering them.

Alternatively, did yoy use bananas

yeah unfortunately the section is still loving poo poo cause nintendo doesnt know how to do stealth

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

BattleMaster posted:

I feel like there's two types of weather in this game: rain and thunderstorm

both always happen when youre on a mountain wall

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

the desert boss ganon thing is the most awkward boss fight ive ever seen in a videogame. complete poo poo gameplay at 10fps

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Every time I try to climb something it starts raining and I just have to leave the room for 10 minutes, so I'm guessing Zelda games just aren't for me.

I can't help but point out how loving massively stupid this is. Like, you can criticize the weapon durability disaster and you'd be drat right to, but at least one could justify it by saying that it "encourages variety" (lol, variety in never using my cool ice sword for fear of breaking it I guess). The slipping off surfaces while raining and lightning immediately striking when you have metal on you are just stupid Nintendo things that add nothing to the game except frustration.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

parallelodad posted:

What? You get like a seven second warning of your equipment sparking before you get struck by lightning. Also you don't slip off, just down a little. You want to go up in the rain, you can. Just count one two three four five six seven steps, JUMP, you'll slip a little, not as far as your jump, then do it again.

By "immediately" I meant that it's just silly that lightning hits you in 10 seconds because you have metallic gear on. That you have to remove every time there's a storm. Again both lightnings and the slipping off are just annoyances that add absolutely nothing to gameplay. They kinda sorta look cool in the first 30 minutes of play, when you're showing BOTW to your rooftop friends I guess?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

It's very very probably not, but with all the critical acclaim this is getting I keep feeling like if I just play a little longer something will click to make it fun. Bu tthat's just not gonna happen is it :(

Where are you right now? This is a bit of a survival game in disguise, just run away from the things that gib you, acquire better gear, see the world a bit, then come back when you're stronger.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Those 2 reviews are irrelevant. The game has had a 9.8 score for two weeks now, everyone and his dog bought it already and it's been celebrated as one of the best videogames ever released. Which it is, regardless of a few annoyances.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Man, today I set off with a single, simple goal: earn 7K more rupees to unlock the final Great Fairy. Took a suggestion to go mining with Wolf Link, thought i'd then try the hunting up north for gourmet meats since WL would also help a lot there. Eventually, a Guardian showed up and targeted wolf grampa and killed him. After a while, and a fire talos, I thought I had enough so i went down the mountain and noticed there's a northwest maze. On the way there I ended up fighting a Zebra Lynel and barely killing it thanks to all the abilities I had. Then I marched over and got to a mountain peak, noticing a shrine further west of the maze, which was oddly easy to solve. Avoided another Lynel near the shrine, then on my way to the maze I got killed by yet another Zebra Lynel who so happened to spam tracking shock arrows immediately. Finally got to the maze, solved it and then went over to Tarrey to sell off all the gems I got and finally went to unlock the fairy. By that point I knew that there was only one last maze left to do so I went for it, but on the way there I saw a shrine to tackle immediately after. I'm finally ready to call it a day when I reach the shrine.. and there's a lady in dire need of alcohol dying on the control panel. Welp. Went to the bar, got that whole sidequest started, took the ice to the place and told the lady where to get her booze on and the loving Sheika tells me entering the shrine is the challenge????? DID YOU PLAN FOR A DRUNKARD TO BE LAYING ON THE PANEL AT THAT TIME OF DAY, AT THAT TIME OF YEAR, IN THIS PART OF THE CONTINENT LOCATED ENTIRELY ON TOP YOUR ENTRANCE PANEL??? Did you somehow scheme the alcohol consumption patterns of the Gerudo 10000 years in advance???????? Anyways I finished getting the barbarian set at least and got a bizarre ending to my trip.

Anyway that's my zelda report i hope i got a B+

spoiler this loving poo poo tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

No spoilers please, but is there anyone repairing your dumb glass weapons at some point? Because I'd rather not destroy my cool ice sword.