Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

So was there anything displayed on the gamepad screen? I don't remember noticing anything or them pointing it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jsor posted:

Maybe you can name your horse.

E: Granted, the speedrunners are probably going to not need a horse because there'll be some bug to paraglide at five billion miles per hour.

Just set Link on fire in a parallel universe and boom infinite updraft.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hey, in the trailer at around 2 min 15 sec:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rPxiXXxftE&t=135s

You can see Link do what looks like a parry against a chuchu. This wasn't something you could do in the demo or showed off in the TreeHouse right? That suggests Link will end up learning new moves a la TP.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Charlie Bobson posted:

the game isn't even out yet

That must be why the tears won't stop.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Brumaldo posted:

Nintendo is getting help from Monolith to develop the game. Something like 100 devs.

That's pretty smart.

Are you sure you're not thinking about Monolith Soft? Monolith is actually a different game company (did Shadow of Mordor).

Didn't Monolith Soft help with a different Nintendo game earlier that looked really good? Maybe Mario Kart 8?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Raserys posted:

"dio-sama"

Good kid.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Lobok posted:

Has any other game had this climbing stamina mechanic before? I think it's a brilliant idea to let you climb anything in terms of surfaces but limit how far/high you can go.

Shadow of the Colossus

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

spit on my clit posted:

no, george takei is tingle

Oh, Limpah.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

greatn posted:

Upthrust is also fun.

Yeah, I hear your mom's a big fan of it too.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

greatn posted:

It will be launch. I trust Emily Rogers generally but I've been sayng since she said it was delayed that she didn't know what she was talking about. She's been wrong on Zelda every time.

Laura also said it was delayed but recently said that information was from two NOE sources. With all the recent marketing pointing to March she reached out to an NoA source she hadn't used before and that source said launch.

My guess, all of their NoE sources are the same people who told Unseen64 Star Fox was failing QA and going to be delayed (which he reported after Nintendo was filming promotional segments with famous YouTubers and they literally announced a direct for the game hours later)

Well, there could be another reason why there are different dates from a European and American source.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Now that the Joycons are confirmed to work like Wiimotes, I guess Skyward Sword HD is an inevitability.

good

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

There's seems to be a mechanic for taming wild horses (not just riding them once), and it looks like it might extend to dogs as well.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

The game awards footage had a second stamina wheel around the first one. Link is definitely getting upgraded somehow.

That might be tied to equipment though.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Sword beams are very cool.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

I tried, ok?!

I don't think you did.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

jivjov posted:

The new stuff probably isn't in a showable state yet. Not having anything to show off is a good sign.

Not really disagreeing with you, but some of the stuff in the DLC probably won't be shown off because it involves showing off stuff in the main game they avoided.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hedrigall posted:

...that is primarily watched by hygiene-deficient 30 year old men

I didn't know you were such a big fan.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hedrigall posted:

One of the most popular additions to Wind Waker HD is back:

SELFIE MODE!!

^^^^ really minor spoiler about a mostly cosmetic thing (pic from official Nintendo twitter)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

and

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Electric Phantasm posted:

2 minutes of combat plus a few seconds of something else at the end from IGN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyI4R11cAdE

The Bokoblin death noise is making me sad :(

At about 0:31, it looks like they shot a thrown rock with an arrow and bounced the rock back at the bokoblin.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hedrigall posted:

Same score they gave to Skyward Sword though...

Ah, so they do have good taste.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I know it probably happened a second after the gif ends, but it's weirding me out that I don't see the skeleton fall into the water.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Does any npc mention or hint at where the great fairy in akala is?. I ended up looking it up cause I hadn't found any after the first but felt bad that I didn't find it myself.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

gently caress you stable-keeper my new best friend skeleton horse is a good boy and I'll not have you insult his manners.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ProjektorBoy posted:

nominating this

Counter-nomination

edit:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

As for the compendium photo, yes you can get it elsewhere. Spoiler: at one of the labs you can purchase photos of monsters and items

Can you get all of the photos from there?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Torquemadras posted:

This game should come with a warning - playing it will make you hypersensitive to invisible walls. Except for some convenience functions (which might come with the next DLC?), I feel like Zelda has basically become the new gold standard for open world games out of nowhere. There's exactly four invisible walls in the game, plus a few death planes, PERIOD

I'm playing Nier Automata right after this one and I'm basically going mad from all those giant inpenetrable gaps in buildings

Yeah, I already had a tough time with FF15 with the invisible walls, control restrictions, and large empty areas, but if I went back to it now, it would be torture.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I just killed my first White Lynel and took a picture of it that I think looked pretty good.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It might be the difference between a horse despawning and dying. Since you can resurrect dead horses that means the game remembers the horse existing.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

lifts cats over head posted:

Does anybody know what the game uses to up the enemies/weapons? Since we don't exactly level up I'm curious what the indicators are. My guess would be either the number of shrines or quests completed. I like that it's gradual and I didn't really notice this until I started seeing silver bokoblins around and then they started appearing in places they weren't before. I'm noticing I'm finding more weapons with boost features too.

Alternatively there isn't actually any changes and I'm imagining things.

Pretty sure it's divine beasts or maybe spirit orb upgrades.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

lifts cats over head posted:

and there were mountains I wanted to climb.

:yeah:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

MyStereoHasMono posted:

If I have 20 shrines still to find and only ten of them are shrine quests, does that mean the other ten are shrines that are just sitting out in the open somewhere?

*edit - to clarify, by out in the open I don't necessarily mean obvious, just that nothing needs to be done to unlock them, they exist in the open world already.

I'm pretty sure if they're not a shrine quest shrine, they will show on your radar and you can just get to them normally.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Xaris posted:

Actually I highly suggest they turn it on and then go walk around Hebra Mountains until they slowly lose grip on reality and go insane like At the Mountains of Madness trying to find the ancient ones :twisted:

no. shut up. no no no no no. oh god no.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It is a neat puzzle though.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hero's path actually seems like a pretty neat feature, but only the last 200 hours? How limited.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I probably would have gotten annoyed at that sidequest if I had to redo it, but I'm not bad at videogames so it was cute and fun.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I remember one time I was fighting a black Hinox that kept getting electrocuted somehow and then I noticed there was a bokoblin behind him trying to hit me with electric arrows.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dictator. posted:

3 out of 4 I remember there being side quests:

Tabantha one is a guy at the nearby stables that pays you to unlock it.

The painter guy in kakoriko that wants a picture of the fountain next to the village.

One fountain you find in the desert, under a whale carcass (which is another side quest)

the one near tarry town i don't remember if it had a quest related to it.

The one near tarrey town has an npc mention it after you finish a sidequest there. The desert one is also right next to a shrine.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

I meant like roughly which way on the map. I guess I could just tromp around and find all the towers though. I might just do that.

Try just east of Hyrule Field.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Nephzinho posted:

Reminder: if you don't dye your Of The Wild set purple you are a bad person.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

TescoBag posted:

At 7:00 on this video he does a golf swing attack that I don't think i've seen before with the hammer. How do you do it? Is it the sneak attack?

The prompt comes up, so it should be a sneak attack.