Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Louisgod posted:

It was really, really interesting to hear how a co-worker got to a place completely different from how I did.

Still in the early area, he got to the snowy mountain by cooking a recipe that gave him a huge cold resistance and he just booked it to the snowy shrine. Alternatively, I cooked the recipe that netted me the fleece from the old man an I was able to take my time. I wouldn't have even thought to just stack resistance potions to get through the snow.

Also spent an hour dragging a metal box down a huge mountain to a tower I didn't have enough stamina to climb. Chest at the top only had 10 arrows in it but man was it a huge blast to wander off, raid a few Moblin nests and steal their hosed up ancient box and use it to raid a pillar that had a chest at the top that some poor schmo likely had to put up there 100 years ago under the instruction that the Hero of Time will need it after Hyrule gets the Trump treatment

You also could carry a torch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is there any good way to determine north without the minimap?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If I delete photos from my slate do I keep their entries in the compendium? I'm full up on photos.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Alright nintendo now do this concept with metroid so I can get old super metroid vibes

This game practically makes me think the Shiekah eventually become the Chozo, and Samus is Zelda. Ganon is... I dunno, phazon?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Despera posted:

There's a Goron in Zora town, which is near karikiko

"Near"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I really like Zelda's voice acting. I think she in particular is a standout.

With Mipha, I think I understand what the actress was going for. I think she was trying to give an alien quality to her performance and speak as though Hylian was a second, less familiar language. But the director did not bother to inform her that literally no other Zora speaks like that for some reason? So it just doesn't work.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I learned you can make frozen meals by dropping stuff in a frozen environment, I am not home but won't be able to try it for a while, I was wondering, could someone drop food on top of a cryonis and see if you can freeze it that way too?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Once I paraglide off the plateau can I get back up on it? I don't want to be locked out from unexplored plateau stuff but I also don't want to force myself to 100% the plateau first.

You can fast travel to any shrine or tower you've activated.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

UberJew posted:

yeah you can just teleport back

or you can climb b/c it takes less than a single stamina circle to climb onto or off the plateau from the lowest points

Wait, is there anything preventing you from leaving without the glider?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm wearing the Stealth slacks, Shiekah torso, and Hylian hood all dyed white and now I'm Ezio Auditore.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Every time it rains I assume this is for story/deliberate challenge reasons unless proven otherwise. The one tower I wanted to climb while it rained had some sheltered cooking pots nearby I was able to use to pass the time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you have a flame sword you can just equip it and don't need cold resist anymore.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Likely substantially less, but also substantially more than most Nintendo games.

I think I saw Aonuma say they would have to sell 4-5 million on this to make a profit.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

By the way, hold the whistle button and run forward while tapping the sprint button, and uh, you kind of run forever without using up any stamina. Regenerating it, in fact! And can kind of run up mountains a little.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You know what's crazy? I've played this forty hours. I've done one dungeon. I've seen all the classic races, seen reference to the master sword but never by name, seen people talk about references to other games, all the characters are here or referenced, but I just now realized, I don't think anyone has said a single word about the triforce this entire game so far. No one has even mentioned it in passing or made an oblique reference to it, even in stories about the ancient past and ocarina of time references.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kashuno posted:

Not letting me keep the lord of the mountain is a loving travesty nintendo.

e; also did anybody else really getting the whole taking pictures of everything thing? This morning was the first time I whipped it out and then I spent the whole morning taking photos of everything.

You can only store 42 photos, if you delete something you already took a picture of does it stay in the compendium?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If they wanted to limit the number of things you can track for some reason. Glad that isn't the case.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Autonomous Monster posted:

That's the exact sort of bullshit this game refuses to indulge in.

The bullshit I've been noticing lately is rain though.

I think rain is a fine mechanic, and some of the areas have forced rain to make you figure out how to get through it without climbing, and that's fine. But lately I've been running into areas where the rain was random and seemed to last absurdly long, like over a day of in game time, before finally stopping. And once it finally stops, not stopping for long and restarting in less than a day. This seems especially bad in Akkala.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wildtortilla posted:

I too would like an answer to this. I was paying attention and I still don't know what that quest was about. I collected three sunshrooms and then he talked about something, I put my tablet on their water drop machine, and then the girl scientist was kinda angry that they weren't charging me a fee. Idfk what the point of any of that was.

I was like, "later nerds," and then ran outside to jump off the mountains and float away.

Oh, if you miss a photo, like a boss, you can buy it from them for 100 rupees. They restore it from the slates cloud backup from 100 years ago, or maybe from its dual boot Linux partition.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Lynel basic melee attack is pretty exploitable in terms of flurry. Backflip, if you don't get flurry backflip again because it is a double attack so you have another chance. Make yourself as strong an attack+ potion as you can and wear your new attack+ armor.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Shield surfing never seems to work for me. Link jumps on the shield and then jumps right off. Is there a button I need to be holding? Is the place I'm at just not hilly enough?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neddy Seagoon posted:

gently caress you Korgu Chideh, I am glad you're dead and I intend to unholy the sacred waters of your Shrine with a spiteful steaming turd. gently caress you, gently caress your island, and gently caress you twice for not at least letting me keep my Hinox loot :argh:.

As a bit of non-spoilery advice for when you go out to Eventide Island, the ability from the Gerudo Divine Beast will make part of it a shitload more easier. just smash the Hinox with all three Fury charges and it'll fall over dead.

If you drop your loot first it will still be on the ground next to you after the cutscene.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How do the gyro puzzles work in the WiiU version if you're using the pro controller?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I've spent about 15 hours with the game and I probably wouldn't score it higher than a 7. There's too many little flaws that add up.

- You don't know if that monster will one-shot you. Go west and the blue moblin kills you in one hit. Go east and the exact same blue moblin barely takes a quarter of a heart out. There's nothing at all to differentiate them. The only way to tell if a region in the game is 'appropriate' to your character's state is by saying hello to one of the mobs and maybe dying immediately, in which case you pick a different region to trudge to. If it was one thing Nintendo was trying to copy Dark Souls on, they failed it miserably. The skeletons near the firelink shrine kicked your rear end but still let you run away. Zelda makes you die instantly and maybe lose 5-10 minutes of time if you were unlucky enough to miss an auto-save trigger.

Their damage is based on the weapon they have. You have to observe that. The first blue bokoblin you're talking about likely had a simple wooden club while the second probably had a shiny sword or gnarly spiked one.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I spent 330 quid just to play it, believe me I wanted to love the game like my firstborn.
No I didn't stretch to find complaints, those issues are very in-your-face and I think that when two posters quickly jumped on literally 1 line about the weapons and ignored the rest without trying to rebutt them, it says something.

The vast majority of your post is subjective. The part about energies doing random damage is the only objective thing and it's incorrect.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My horse was named Blade because I let my three year old name him. I probably hosed up because I sold that horse without telling him.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Macintosh HD posted:

I didn't know you could sell them. Do they go for a lot of rupees?

It was a sidequest with a dude who wanted one.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's a good attack+ recipe? Cause it's time for me to kill some Lynel.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm pretty sure Rito evolving from Zora was always fanon and not as explicit as Korok evolving from Kokiri.

I do find it interesting most of the Zora in this game seem suited for saltwater though. Like they could have lived in the great sea.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zore posted:

Direct quote from Wind Waker;

Every fish wants to have a sex with Link, so one has a sex with a bird, so what.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

More like The Legend of Smelledya: A Stink to the rear end

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zaphod42 posted:

if the Hylian shield breaks you can buy a new one from the secret shop in Tarrey Town. You have to finish all the Tarrey Town quests for that to be open. And its 3,000 rupees.

Everything in the game is either permanent or replaceable, luckily.

What if you got the master sword before doing eventide island, dropped it in shore before the mission you could cheese it, then forgot to drop it again before finishing when the sage takes all your stuff back. I lost a lightscale trident that way, and the worst part is even though I planned on cheesing it I didn't actually end up doing it, I did it without using it. Luckily the Trident is replacable.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Never run into that, but if it autosleeps and resets the neutral zone every few seconds, why not just let it fall asleep real fast to reset the neutral zone rather than rebooting the console?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think the four divine beasts - all memories speedruns will be the ones that are really good to watch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope the dungeon dlc also has 8 more shrines so you can max out hearts and stamina completely.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can anyone tell me roughly where the lost woods are? I want to start looking for a certain sword I think probably exists there. I don't need exact specifics, just maybe the closest stable and a cardinal direction.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The weird thing I've noticed, when I have fairies and get reduced to zero health, sometimes Mipha's grace pops off and a fairy isn't used. But sometimes it will use all my fairies before using Mipha's grace.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I did two big radishes and two hearty radishes it was something crazy like full health +12 hearts.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I need lots of electric keese wings to upgrade climbing gear. Can I just drop a bunch on the floor and shoot with a shock arrow like I can with chuchu jelly? Also where is the climbing head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cojawfee posted:

Why are there no deku scrubs?

Because we've discovered the truth that they were just octoroks the whole time.