Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thinking of getting botw on Wii U. Without reading the last 10 pages, does it run/look good on the Wii U?

I would think Nintendo is above gimping it as a message to gamers that they should but a switch :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Buy it local and return the amazon copy? :iiam:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Am I right in thinking botw is much more open in concept and execution than previous zeldas? I often got frustrated with the "looks like an open world but it's not actually" nature of the later zeldas.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wow botw looks awesome even on the Wii U

http://i.imgur.com/5fHhIOz.jpg

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I bought the last Wii U copy from my local GameStop and I can't wait to pop it in and play after the kiddos go to bed. I was surprised to see a bunch of switch copies left and only one Wii U copy, although I suppose they may have just gotten more switch copies.

I secretly hope this sells really well on the Wii U, our dead gay console needs one last hurrah.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Holy poo poo this game. I'm taking my time looking at everything and I'm not off the first plateau even. I'm still at the temple of time, but I did manage to drown once because I wasn't watching the stamina meter.

I'm gonna have like 900 hours in this game because there is so much to just look at.

BOTW best walking simulator of all time.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Horizon zero dawn for PS4

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I can't wait to play this game again tonight. Like I'm thinking about it constantly. I haven't felt this way about a game since GTA-SA or Half Life 2, whichever came later.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This game. I finished collecting all the spirit orbs, doing the one in the snowy mountain area last and instead of fast traveling back, I decided to walk it, which was an awesome idea.

I ran into some manner of boss character though that is some sort of giant rock monster that I'm not even sure I can beat yet, at least I haven't figured it out anyway. I'm assuming I can just run away from something like that and come back later if needed?

Also on the cold weather front if you cook apples and hot peppers together it gives you a meal that grants 8 real-time minutes of cold invulnerability. I wouldn't have made it to the snowy spirit orb without that

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

At what point can I use my 8-bit link amiibo? If I go to the amiibo menu on the main screen it tells me I'm not far enough in the game yet?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Your Computer posted:

The 30th anniversary 8-bit original Zelda amiibo. Aka. good loving luck :negative:

Are hey rare? Because my local Walmart is clearancing them for $6

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Once I paraglide off the plateau can I get back up on it? I don't want to be locked out from unexplored plateau stuff but I also don't want to force myself to 100% the plateau first.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is there a way to move saves from Wii U to switch? I might buy a switch but I don't want to start botw over again.....

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I've been playing since day 1 and I'm not off the plateau. I feel you on the whole "explore every inch" thing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hedrigall posted:

Ok don't be loving ridiculous.

I'm not though?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Should I be buying a pro controller for this game? Do any of the controls get less awkward with one as compared to the tablet?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sorry, I should specify, my question was for Wii U

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Good call, didn't think of that

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Nintendo™ Wii-U® video game console.

Hope this helps.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Evernoob posted:

In the spirit of "Buying/renting/lending a console for one game since 1998" i was wondering if I should fetch a WiiU for cheap 2nd hand. I'm more of a PC gamer and the last console I actually owned was my SNES.

Pro points for getting a cheap WiiU : I could also play WWHD on the WiiU, as WW is one of the few Zelda's I never got to play either.

There are so many good Wii U games. Buy it.

BOTW runs great on it, and all the other awesome games make it worth it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Gonna give my horses human names. Randy, ted, Gerald, that sort of stuff.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Breath of the Wild: ROI via amiibos

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I did just buy two 30th anniversary 8-bit Link amiibo (one to use, one for the office) from my local Walmart on clearance for $6. They also had a bunch of meta knight which I was excited about, but apparently only the Best Buy ones are rare

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I just got to my first stable and saw a dog (12/10 good dogs Brent), can I build affection and have a dog follow me around or is he stuck at the stable?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Your Computer posted:

I'm watching Vinny's playthrough and it's slaying me that he's listening to the chat :cripes: *walks into Central Hyrule* "Am I going the right way to Kakariko?" .. "chat says yes okay let's go"

That does make me wonder, how many people went straight for Central Tower and got mad when it was filled with laser-shooting Guardians and enemies that one-shot you? I bet this game has some seriously juicy bad reviews from the worst kind of idiots :haw:

Can you link this playthrough?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

There are far too many lightning storms. Seems they happen almost every night.

I feel like there is a little bit of an RNG aspect to it as well. I've been playing since release day and it has rained in my game precisely one time. That's it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Best horse name: Pony Danza

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Best horse name: Pony Danza

Only because Pony Poni Poné wouldnt fit

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Apparently people have managed to extract the map data from the Wii U disc and have identified all 900 korok locations for those of you who are insane and want that 100%

It's up on zeldamaps.com

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Will the Wii U version tell you how much time you have played or is that just the switch version?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lemming posted:

I put all my weapons on a raft which I blow around the map. My collection is seven hundred weapons.

As open as this game is, I almost believe this.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh god link please

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

strap on revenge posted:

i sent my wii u to my brother so he could play this game and he said it's lackluster because "the map is awesome but there's no value in exploring it" :psyduck:

Holy poo poo :sever:

This is like the most explorable game in years. I haven't felt this way about a game map since gta3

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I can see how you wouldn't like this game if you like to see numbers go up, since there is no visible xp value and only collectibles go up.

That doesn't make your opinion right though because this is a good rear end game, numbers or not

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sunning posted:

Cyberdemon Stone Talus vs Spider Mastermind Guardian: https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/844217178719174661

:tviv:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I just stumbled on the shrine where you have to steal the 3 balls from the 3 different hinox's. Turns out all 3 have an area where you can get up to a higher elevation than the hinox and just unload arrows into their eyes. I did all 3 without taking one hit. I love that you can play this game that way

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I'm like 1/4 of the way through the game or less so I don't even know what a hinox is. I'd take some more Knight swords or some cool little 8 fold blades just about now.

You'll know if you've found a hinox when you are trying to fight one and it one hit kills you with its toenail and you think "where the gently caress does the hitbox start and end on this thing?" That's a hinox.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Its me or the cuckoos

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is there an android app that lets a phone with NFC act as an amiibo, or do you have to buy loose tags?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

There should be a GTA-style map where it only shows where you've been