Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zyste
Jan 8, 2002

"Do you want this back?"

Infinitum posted:

My theory is the entire plateau has been sealed off somehow for a century. If you look at videos the fortification extends around the entire outside of it, probably to protect the entire area from outside intervention.

The Temple you see as you leave the cave at the beginning is the Temple of Time. So it's probably awoken Link now that the time is right or the magic has finally weakened.
Def a Hero of Time story, just doing it the long way around this time.

That would be pretty cool actually. It would give more substance to WW's intro where the Hero of Time never showed up so a different hero had to emerge. Now OoT Link is back to kick some rear end and put Ganon in his place.

Although, I always assumed in WW that the Hero of Time never showed up because of timeline fuckery.

Zyste fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zyste
Jan 8, 2002

"Do you want this back?"

Raserys posted:

I thought the great flood incident occurred as a completely separate Ganon revival from Ocarina

I always understood it as WW and the great flood occurred from adult OoT Link's timeline. He beat Ganon, then disappeared from the timeline, so the Hero of Time was no longer around to come back and fight Ganon again, hence why Hyrule was flooded when he didn't reappear.