Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
So what are the highest yield recipes I can cheese the game with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Harrow posted:

You don't even need the meat. Just cook the hearty plant on its own, or multiples. For example, each Hearty Durian gives +4 temporary hearts, so if you cook three together, it's a guaranteed full heal +12 temporary hearts.

There's a little ledge next to the Faron Tower where you can get like 12-14 of them.

Show me your ledge!!! I can't find it.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
So how do I defeat these drat flying guardian sentries? I can't lock on to them to perfect guard.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Ok this Mounted Archery thing is impossible. Dear god some one help me.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Deceptive Thinker posted:

The horse will steer/move itself - just aim for target shooting

If you're still struggling try bomb arrows and/or x3 x5 arrow spread bows

Any bow you recommend? I've got some Lynel bows.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Kashuno posted:

Lynel bows are the x3 or x5 bows :sun:

Tried my 3x bows 15 times . I'm still too bad :smith:

Why would bombs help other than on the last five?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Male of the Century posted:

The swallow bow or the great eagle bow. The Lynel bow's are nice for the spread but they have crap range and draw slowly so you're always shooting high and guessing at range while trying to stay above water. Use something with good range and a quick draw. Bomb arrows can help with the ones against the cliff faces (2 batches) because even if you miss by a little you'll still get it in the blast. This does not help you for ones floating out in the open.

Also if you're not already, aiming with motion controls makes it way easier.

Ok I'm about to beat the Bird so I'll wait for the great eagle.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

WanderingKid posted:

Hmm? When I need arrows I just go to the bow marker on my map which has 4 or 5 of those guys on horseback. I just point the camera towards the ground and stand still and they miss every single shot. I think they only reliably hit if you are looking straight at them or something.

Please to be posting a screen cap of your spot.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Jesus loving Christ. I was about to rip my hair out at the mounted archery thing. I was trying for an hour and couldn't figure out why my bomb arrows weren't blowing up the final five like they used to. I got to like 21-22 targets 10 times. Then I took a break... and it clicked... I was loving selecting fire arrows every time. I sat down and tried again and nailed it the first time.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I'm gonna stab someone btw. I just got my great eagle bow and I tried for a loving hour to get 23 targets at the mounted archery range and couldn't loving do it. I could consistently get 21-22. I was getting so pissed of that my bomb arrows weren't blowing up all 5 final targets like they used to. loving threw my controller down and went to make dinner and then I had a loving epiphany. My dumb rear end was switching to fire arrows the entire time at the end. I took my food off the stove. Sat down. Finished it in one shot.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

weird Asian candy posted:

Awesome, thanks!

Yeah there's actually two iron hammers that spawn leaning on your house. One at the front door and one on the side at the back. They'll kill the non luminous Talus's with two solid stamina draining spins.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Calaveron posted:

Plus getting to Rito Village needs pretty high cold weather resistance

Not really... You just ride up to it. The divine beast needs it though and you just buy the clothes in the village.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

RVWinkle posted:

I bought some NFC tags based on some earlier suggestions in this thread and it turns out that it's extremely easy to make your own Amiibo.

Where's the guide for this?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Random question since this game is obviously intended to be a Wii U game and the Sheikah Slate the Wii U controller screen does the Wii U version use the controller as an always on menu screen? Or did they cop out and make it just a mirror of the big screen as to not make that version "better"?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Zoran posted:

The Wii U version does not use the controller screen in TV mode.

LOL does that make it like the only game on the console that doesn't?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Section Z posted:

While I don't know about that, you still need to dust off your tablet every time a motion control shrine puzzle comes up :v:

That's pretty drat funny that they actually stripped the tablet functionality. Considering the game is centered around link carrying a tablet.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

C-SPAN Caller posted:

A Nintendo Switch is a tablet :colbert:

Dude I have a launch day Wii U and a launch day Switch oh and a launch N64, Game Cube, Wii, DS. I love Nintendo and this game. I think it's funny they neutered the Wii U version to make it not "superior." It's clearly intended for the game pad to be an always on map/menu.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Novum posted:

Yeah I was assuming that would be the set-up before I bought it honestly.

Yeah the slate is supposed to be your game pad. The gimmick doesn't make sense otherwise.

Again. Great game. Love it. Just kinda funny and lovely.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Drewjitsu posted:

You want the following:

A multishot bow The Great Eagle bow is best, as it has the longest flattest trajectory and reloads quickly
A ***** speed horse You can find excellent horses in the Upland lindor area, Northwest of Maag No'rah shrine, West-Southwest of Serenne Stable, directly south of hebra tower across the canyon. If you go looking for a Talus, you're in the right spot.
Arrows Bomb arrows work the best.

Remember you can jump off the horse at the end to go into slow-mo to get all the targets at the end.

You really don't need a fast horse. If anything that'll gently caress you up more by giving you less time to aim. But yeah Great eagle bow is near mandatory. Then use bomb arrows to blow up the last group of 5. Oh and make sure you have motion controls on to fine tune. You can miss two targets on the way as 23/25 is needed.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Bought an Amiibo Powersaves at gamestop. Stupid 20 heart cheat doesnt work on my actual Wolf link amiibo I own. It works just fine on the power tag, anyone have any luck?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Can one of the best stat horses be spotted? There's like 2/5/3 and 4/4/5 horses but do they have to be solid?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Datel Powersaves for Amiibo. It's loving great. $25 at a local GameStop.

You can even keep randomizing the serial number in case you want to scan the same amiibo over and over again in one day.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yeah this.

Screw locking DLC behind limited run tchotchkes.

Yeah I asked about it a few times and no one replied. Then I said gently caress it and bought one, and posted about who great it was and no one replied. I don't know why though, this cheap chinese piece of poo poo is pretty awesome.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Alter Ego posted:

You still have to buy the drat things in order to store them in the device's memory though, right?

No you just download like 540 byte .bin files and upload/swap them to a little reusable plastic disc called a power tag.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 11, 2017

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Furious Lobster posted:

Interested in the powersave thing so I'll stop by a gamestop and pick one up if it's this easy to get the bonus items.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/amiibo-action-replay-powersaves/127307

LOL looks like they upped the price $5 in the past week. What ever. You can grab the bins from this website called NFC Bank.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

s.i.r.e. posted:

amiibos are just bad toys with NFC tags in them that hold a code that's basically just 4 numbers/letters, thankfully NFC isn't some proprietary technology and a bunch of other poo poo uses it. You can even use a smart phone and NFC tags to "write" the amiibo code to the NFC tag and have it act exactly like a legit amiibo would.

Anyway, the PowerSaves/Powertag device is just an NFC writer and a disc that's a readable/writable NFC tag, the codes for the amiibo are collected online and you just download the code of whatever amiibo you want to spoof and load it onto the tag. Press the tag against the console and it reads the amiibo code and acts accordingly.

Yeah and the Powersave thing has some other cool features like randomizing the serial number like I mentioned so you can use it more than once per day (as the ripped bin files have what ever serial number was ripped with it I imagine).

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

ProjektorBoy posted:

Seems like I could just snag almost any rewritable NFC tag and use it, right? I'm not finding Power Tags online but there sure are a lot of Samsung TecTiles for sale.
I don't think anything but their powertags are compatible with their hardware. You can buy more Tags from their website or their EBay fronts. But if you have an android phone I think you can just download a program called Tagmo and permanently write a stack of NFC tags.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Please do not discuss software and hardware theft in this thread, thank you. This is not cool.
They're loving cheat codes, shut up.

ProjektorBoy posted:

Amazon's got 'em right here: http://a.co/eZHgvKA

I'm going to try some regular NFC tags to start. They're cheap enough. But there is already allegedly a Power Tag inside the box, so I'll make the most of it if the extra tags don't work. $32 for a PowerSave + NFC tags is a hell of a lot nicer than zipping all over town for any loose Amiibo or $400 internet prices.

People have even got Fierce Deity gear in BotW already https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyhBD3octAo

Don't buy that Amazon one, that's an old version without the included powertag. Go pick one up from a local game stop for real. Those will have the PowerTag included, it's pictured on the box.
https://www.amazon.com/Datel-Action...wersaves+amiibo Like this one which is at local gamestops for $29.99

And I really don't think the Powersave will write to regular NFC tags. But again you can do that with an Android phone if so inclined.

If you want more powertags again you can get them from the UK from the Codejunkies website, or their UK Ebay front.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extra-x3-Am...uwAAOSwB-1YyVAD
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extra-x10-A...YwAAOSwdGFYyU9P

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 11, 2017

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Actually they are proprietary data on a Nintendo collectable toy. And this is disgusting talk about what amounts to criminal behavior.

lol farts.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

acksplode posted:

Maybe if you jerks took a moment to research Goron history before charging into their part of the world and loving with their stuff, you might realize how central bombs are to their society. Do any of you even realize that bombs are appropriated Goron culture?

Our ignorance of Goron Culture is disgusting and amounts to criminal behavior. :smith:

Should I head there next? I just beat the Rito thing as my first guardian, now I'm in the Lost Woods (I think I need a few more shrines for the sword) Should I make Goron's my second divine beast? I was kind of planning on it.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

ProjektorBoy posted:

You're my hero!

Yeah like I said. That's for Tagmo with an Android phone. You don't need the Powersaves device for that.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
You wouldn't download a car. Would you download an amiibo?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Yeah that would be sweet.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

thatguy posted:

Prepare to be disappointed.

Hahaha don't they count the Korok seeds as something like 70% of the game?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Can that datel amiibo thing load amiibo bins or will it only work with amiibo that you put on it?

It loads bins onto the power tag

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Botw good, so what

It's even better with my pirated amiibos.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Serf posted:

I've been playing this game for about two solid days now, and I'm in love. The first moment I knew this game was something special was just after the first stable. The dude gave me the spiel about taming and registering horses and all that, and I walked away up the road thing "Nah, I don't gently caress with horses" because I hate messing around with mounts in games like this. And then three horses came into view, running over a hill and then turning to graze in the shade of a tree. I watched them for a second and thought "maybe I gently caress with horses" and tried sneaking up on one of them. I managed to nab him and tame him and now his name is Barry and he doesn't have many stars but he's my horse.

Later on Barry and I were in a sticky situation on the way to Hateno and suddenly Barry kicked a bokoblin off a cliff to its death. This game rules.

Yeah man. It's a good game.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

s.i.r.e. posted:

Same, this game already devoured a shitload of playtime and it was all fun until I started Korok Quest which didn't last long.

I agree with you on the "always something to find" thing but only having so many variations of the Korok challenges was meh for me. It got pretty stale but I liked whenever I found one that was more unique than others like having to pick up a strange stick on the underside of the Lake Hylia bridge.

The Koroks are a difficult thing to balance because the world's so big so you need a lot to make sure that exploration is rewarding, but having each be picked from a pool of challenges that only slightly change makes them boring and with 900 take up too much time to collect all of them. Also there's so many that they stopped the inventory slot rewards around halfway through so getting more than half is pointless and there's no (useful) reward at the end of it.

As someone that loves collect-a-thons like Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie, this is just too much and too boring. Hell, I even got 100% in Yooka-Laylee which has more things to collect than BOTW with it's 1010 Quills but getting everything in that game only took me 20~ hours.

I think they should have made it so that Koroks would give you different amounts of seeds depending on the challenge, so if you have an easy Archery challenge you'll get one, but if you had one that required you to make a hail mary shot you'd get 10. You'd ultimately have less Koroks but with less of them the challenges could be more unique.

Quiet nerd.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Seriously you aren't supposed to get all 900 that's why the game gives you a pile of poo poo if you do. It's designed so you will find enough to get you what you need without having to go full autist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The fact that it's a sperg trap makes me love this game even more :allears:

I know. When I found out the reward it made me so happy.