Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I hope this comes out the same day that horizon zero dawn does so I can have a stroke while trying to decide which one to play first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

It says "Zelda" right below the Amiibo.

Those characters read "Malon" actually.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Dehry posted:

It's already been sold on craigslist.

I know BestBuy isn't doing well but they had to sell it on Craigslist? What a way for a company to go..

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

The new hyrule warriors demo is great, really lets you sample the game. I'm not into how Impa controls, her attacks feel weird and she disappears for a long time. Maybe I just need to figure her out. Zelda feels great, for sure my favorite of the three to play as.

I'm hoping that the weird plot reveal means we can get characters from outside the current timeline so we can play with non BotW characters.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Good spoilers up there. The roster is satisfactory. It sounds like everyone should play pretty differently, which was the issue with Fire Emblem Warriors (small cast and everyone felt samey). I'm hoping they have some silly non-canon choices for DLC because that's always fun. Also for some reason I didn't think of Link using two handers and spears for different characters but it makes plenty of sense.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Age of Calamity is real good, I'm loving it. The characters all play uniquely so far, with some real crazy movesets. The monk and great fairy are both insane, and the end of chapter five characters all feel great and unique. Zelda feels the weakest since her moves all seem to take a while to pop out, so she has a hard time against Lynels. Great Fairy and Hestu are so big that it's really hard to see your enemies and perfect dodge stuff, which makes their incredible damage a bit more balanced I guess.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Age of Calamity character reviews. Late game characters are spoilered. I'm up to chapter seven and doing every possible mission and getting every possible upgrade before doing the next story mission.

Link is loving great with any weapon. I'm not sure why I would ever use a different sword/shield than the Master Sword since it seems to do bring out weakpoints on things related to Ganon quicker, plus the long distance attacks when you're at full health. The arrow special is pretty useful if you're far away from an enemy and need to strike its weakpoint (like after Lynels do a large area attack) but is otherwise one of the less useful ones. Spear is his best 1v1 moveset, so it's good at timed missions. Two handers can deal insane damage if you utilize the special move to boost strong attacks, but it's pretty slow.

Zelda's sheikah slate is okay. I found the most success by just using her combo that rolls out a giant bomb. She has a hard time with weakpoint gauges. It all looks cool, but it's just not that fun to use.

Impa is really fun to button mash but I still lose track of what the hell I'm doing. You can dodge cancel out of just about anything you're doing, so fury rushes are really easy to get.

Daruk is great all around. Nothing too special, but he can do pretty good damage and isn't too slow about it.

Revali flies all over the place and the camera can't figure out what you're trying to do. I don't enjoy playing as him, but if the camera could focus when you're in the air then maybe he'd be good.

Urbosa seems really fun if you can get the hang of her special attack, but for some reason I can't get the timings down effectively. Her attacks come out fast and she has range when you use her specials so she's good if you figure her out.

Mipha is loving insane. She's fast, her combos come out fast and can either work down a weakpoint gauge or take care of a crowd. Fast movespeed, too. Oh and she can heal. S tier.

Hestu can clear a crowd but he's too big and I have a hard time seeing what my enemy is doing so I take some extra hits since I have a tough time seeing enemy windups.

Great Fairies do crazy damage and can work a weakpoint gauge like crazy, they do absurd damage, and their special just boosts this further. Same problem as Hestu but even moreso, way too large to see who you're attacking so you end up taking a lot of hits.

Monk is good and funny, you can dunk a ball in a hole and make a shrine appear. He's all about building up his weapons towards his grow big special and spamming that all over the place. Nothing too special but I think he's a ton of fun.

Teba is so loving good at dealing with large enemies and any size crowd (though at this point, who isn't?) because of his rapidfire arrow strong attacks. His special move of charging arrows is pretty great because you can just hold it while you're doing combos then release it whenever it's ready (you lose it if you do a super or weakpoint strike). Smaller bosses can be really hard, and his standard combos have him so flailing around so much that I have a hard time dodging out of attacks. I still like him better than Revali.

Sidon would be great except for some reason he has this weird delay when utilizing his special and at the end of combos. If they took that out he'd be good, but as it is you get left vulnerable way too easily.

Yunobo, much like Daruk, is solid and does just fine at everything.

Riju is super fast and has a bit of the Teba issue of his attack animations being so busy that I have a hard time with my dodges.

Zelda's bow moveset takes a bit of figuring out but once you figure it out it's bonkers. Good at everything and has insane range in her special mode.

Kohga is WEIRD.

This is easily my favorite Warriors game so far, and I've actually been enjoying the story which is a weird thing to happen. My biggest issue with the game is that it for some reason makes me want to replay BotW again. Oh and while it's fun to switch up Link's outfit, I would also love alternate outfits for the other characters. Maybe they're in and I don't know how to access them?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

It's easy to run out of arrows when you spam arrows from weak bows all the time, due to never wanting to use up the good bows JUST IN CASE.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I picked up the Zelda Game and Watch also and really like it. I hadn’t realized it also had Link’s Awakening, so that’s a cool surprise for me. You can at any time in clock mode just pick up and play, taking over for Link. The timer mode let’s you play Zelda 2 and kill as many enemies as you can in that time limit.

It’s a nice looking machine, but the cardboard display it comes with looks ugly as sin so I wouldn’t recommend using that to display it. The box looks great though.

My review is Game / Watch, it’s what you would expect from what it claims to be. You already know if you’re interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Genshin is fun but I’m not playing it right now because I’ve exhausted the content that isn’t gacha stuff or just there to make number go up.