Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I'm now torn between getting a refurbished Wii U or getting a Switch so I can play this game. I'm just worried the Wii U version will still have issues with performance (framerate) and I really don't want to spend $300+ on a Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Have we even seen any more footage of BOTW on the Wii U since that footage with the really bad framerate?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Calaveron posted:

When u see it

And once GameExplain sees it they'll make an hour long analysis video. :spergin:

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I'm going to pick this up for the Wii U but should I try to find a Wii U used for cheap or just buy a refurbished one from Nintendo for $200 and still get a 1-year warranty?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Can you use the Wii U Pro controller for the Wii U version of the game or do have to use the tablet controller?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Welp I tried to buy a refurbished Wii U from Nintendo's Online store and it tells it has an issue processing my order so I'll have to call them sometime tomorrow. First world problems.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Welp I contacted Nintendo and they couldn't get my order for a refurbished Wii U to go through either and Nintendo's store won't take PayPal in TYOOL 2017. These assholes at Nintendo are wanting me to spend ~$400 on a Switch and this game aren't they? :negative:

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

PerrineClostermann posted:

A refurb'd Weeooeoooeoo is what, 200 bucks right? That's most of the way to a Switch anyway :colbert:

After getting the Switch($300), the game($50), and a pro controller($70) I'm looking at over $400 and with taxes it will be about $450.

Edit: and Nintendo will come out with a "Switch Lite" in 2018 for $199 I guarantee it.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Augus posted:

Hey all a stiff breeze hit my Wii U and now the disc drive is broken and Zelda comes out in a few days WHAT THE gently caress DO I DO :derp:

Buy it digitally?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Welp I'm now considering getting just the Switch and the game so it's under $400 and just deal with the lovely joycons not syncing half the time but I can't even find the system for sale online anywhere. Is the Switch already that popular or is the initial shipment of units a very low number?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

Or, if you have a Wii U, you can probably just save $400 and deal with the game in 720p.

I tried to get a refurbished Wii U from Nintendo's online store but it wouldn't take my card and they don't accept PayPal. And what loving year does Nintendo live in that they won't accept PayPal?!

I guess I can wait a month or two to play Nintendo's anime version of Skyrim.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

havenwaters posted:

The world where you're supposed to use Nintendo's Ebay store if you want to use paypal. 'cause Nintendo is weird like that. Also different inventories, the paypal store still had the black wiimotion plus wiimote and nunchuk in stock"

If only the idiot I talked to over the phone at Nintendo told me about this but it's Nintendo.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

havenwaters posted:

The idiot on the phone probably doesn't know about it to be fair. Anyway the ebay store has refurb 32gb Wii Us with nintendo land for $200.

Hooray I'll be able to play Breath Of The Wild Skyrim Souls: The Anime on Friday now! :woop:

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

im hearing wiiu has lots of framerate drops when poo poo hits the fan and weather and the switch version only has a few weird framedrops in the starting area.

Well isn't the Wii U version getting a day 1 patch and that might improve performance?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Lmao so the Wii U version of the game is broken at launch unless there's a day one patch that will fix it.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Well I already have a refurbished Wii U on the way so I'll just have deal with a broken game until they release a patch if they release one. This is why I have such a love/hate relationship with Nintendo. They can make fantastic games but their console hardware is poo poo.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Maybe the digital version of the game on Wii U will be a little smoother because it's not having to load the game from a slow rear end optical drive.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I thought the only difference graphically between the Wii U and Switch versions of the game is that the Wii U version runs at 720p while the Switch version runs at 900p while docked but runs at 720p in portable mode.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

MokBa posted:

2015 lmao

So remember when Nintendo announces a new Zelda game for a specific year always add at least 2 years to that. And I'm going to laugh so loving hard if the game gets a Metacritic score of 88.

Edit: Or better yet a score of 99 just to deny the game a perfect 100. :laugh:

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 28, 2017

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

My refurbished Wii U shipped and estimated delivery date is Friday. It better get here Friday I don't want to be blueballed all weekend! :f5:

As for the game itself I'm just going to go with digital that way I don't have to worry about a slow rear end optical drive breaking because it's a refurbished system. If I buy it digitally from Amazon do they just email me a download code for the game?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

According to UPS tracking my Wii U will be delivered tomorrow so that gives me time to set it up before BOTW drops on Friday. As for the game itself, I'm just going to buy a digital code from Amazon.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

The Legend of Zelda: Independence Day.

I'd play it.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Argh, why isn't it Friday yet? :f5:

And does the Wii U version support the Wii U pro controller just in case I don't like playing with the tablet controller?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Does the digital version of the game unlock at midnight local time or midnight Pacific time?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

My refurbished Wii U is on vehicle for delivery today. :woop:

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Crap I forgot about this does the Wii U 32GB model have enough internal storage to download and install the digital version of the game?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I got my refurbished Wii U today and after much cussing and swearing I got it set up but why isn't the game available for pre-load? I guess I have to either stay up until 3AM to buy it and start downloading or go to bed early and set my alarm for 3AM so I can download it and play it. I'm really tempted to buy WWHD from the eshop to tide me over until BOTW launches.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Woke up sooner than planned and found out that BOTW is available to us in the Eastern Time Zone so downloading it now but boy is it slow. Does the WiiU have lovely WiFi or are Nintendo's download servers getting hammered?

edit: and is the WiiU version getting a Day 1 patch as well?

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 3, 2017

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I now have it downloaded but now it's going to take 20 loving minutes to install the loving game. :psyduck:

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Goddamn it I just want to play Skyrim Souls: The Anime already! :f5:

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Get good and shoot them in the face.

Breath of the Wild: Get good and shoot them in the face.

edit: still waiting for the game to install.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I've only played for a few hours but this game is awesome but playing with the WiiU gamepad is kind of a hassle. Are there any WiiU Pro controllers on sale anywhere?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Hihohe posted:

I killed one of those Skeletons and punted his head down a hill.

9.9/10
games good

I did this at one point as well. This game is so much fun.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

So any good deals on WiiU pro controllers? Otherwise I'm buying one from Best Buy for $45.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

So any complaints yet about this Zelda game being too easy? :laugh:

Seriously though, this game is loving hard.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

El Burbo posted:

I do wonder what "hard mode" will even do, this game is brutal already. Make it so when you eat food you actually have to sit through an animation in the world or something?

I'm thinking the "hard mode" will be for the :darksouls: crowd and other gaming masochists.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This rear end in a top hat Guaridan was shooting me while I climbed up the side of a mountain- little did he know I climb better when I'm on fire eat poo poo loser.

Oh god gently caress the guardians. I spent about an hour trying to activate the Shikah tower in front of Hyrule castle and resorted to save spamming while climbing the loving tower.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

Breath of the Wild: Moons are Assholes

Breath of the Wild: Nintendo finally got tired of people complaining that the Zelda games are too easy.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Bruceski posted:

You can reflect their eye beams with a shield bash. You will also die 20 times trying to get the timing right.

Which is why I gave up trying to get the timing right after about 5 tries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I need a break from this game I played for several hours already today and all day yesterday and I haven't even reached the first real dungeon yet. Guardians suck, getting knocked off your horse sucks, and cool weapons breaking after ~15 hits sucks and yet I'm still playing this loving game what the gently caress is wrong with me?

Here's my new idea for a thread title:

Breath of the Wild: Game Over, man. Game Over.