Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

The way botw does it is great. 10000 years is a loving long time for poo poo to change, to the point that any existing history is mere legend if not entirely forgotten, and most things are just dilapidated ruins.

That's how all zelda games should go to be honest.

Alternatively, Zelda's world is purgatory, all these people are doomed to live in the same world in different configurations for eternity

10,000 years is a Japanese phrase/ convention similar to our 'once upon a time' or a 'long long time ago'. It is not literally 10,000 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Well boy they hosed up the translation bigly then!!!

Technically not. That is an accurate translation and best reflects the content in it's original language. The difference is between a translation and interpretation. A translator will translate directly and almost literally from one language to an other. An interpreter will take the meaning and intent from one language and make you understood in the other language. It's up to the player to recognise this and understand the cultural and linguistic viewpoint of the authors.

Also having worked with both a translators and interpreters. I will take an interpreter every time for a face to face interaction, it is a bizarre and very cool experience to be talking and the interpreter starts before you've even finished.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

I've had one spawn far enough where I couldn't get it. Once I noticed it was coming down I saved as soon as it hit the ground and used up all of my stamina/Revali's Gale just to get to it only to have it disappear right before I got to it. Kinda lovely.

I've found that the upgraded stealth armour with the movement speed at night bonus and a high-level speed boost potion are the best for the final dash to the fragment.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Runcible Cat posted:

I have 200-and-some, and how the hell is there room for more? Where are they all hiding?

I'm pretty certain at this point that there are at least a few puzzle types that you don't know exist yet. I'm about the same and only yesterday discovered a brand new type. And I'm pretty certain there are a few others that i don't know about yet either.

Also does anyone have a good video guide to fighting Lynels, I've killed one but i think that was mostly luck.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

a.lo posted:

Have Kilton house those monster horses

So long as he has room for my bear and they patch in the ability to ride the ostriches around Death Mountain.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Dogs are not chicken-vores :colbert: but they do eat durians. Hahaha what dogs do that... Im glad I did, since it lead me to a star fragment :3: Considering I can only get one to fall every like 15 days, it was well appreciated. Seriously, I hear about people farming them and getting tons in a row, what am I doing wrong??? :sigh: At least I'm done with them now.

Also, does anyone else have horrible gyro drift while aiming? It's gotten to the point where I need to be constantly rotating or holding the stick left to stay on target, and calibrating does nothing.

Not while aiming but definitely for some shrine puzzles, I know exactly what i need to do but the controls won't let me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Runcible Cat posted:

Nowhere near as grand, but I was pleased to discover that you can prod baby igneo taluses into hot springs to cool them off, then pick them up and throw them as usual.

You can throw them!? I've been dropping bombs and kiting them into them.