Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Suaimhneas posted:

I'm watching these videos and my hype is rapidly deflating as I see things like weapons breaking in a few hits, survival mechanics, limited inventory space for dropped items, having to gather materials to make things. These are all things that add tedium to games and I don't know why any of them needed to be in a Zelda game.

Digging the "sheikah technology from a now-lost civilisation" thing though

My feeling as well. I very quickly have gotten bored of any kind of crafting and inventory management in pretty much any other game I've played. I'm sure there's a good chance I could enjoy this game despite that, but it really kills a good amount of my enthusiasm.

My hope is that these elements will be minimized as the game goes on. As soon as you get a decent shield you don't have to worry about it breaking anymore, as soon as you get a renewable source for a food that fills up your energy to full you don't have to worry about running out of food anymore, etc.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
By far the biggest thing that worries me about the game is the fighting. Wind Waker's swordfighting was just so drat fun and simple and easy that this physics-based stuff worries me.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I can't imagine how many hours this will take me to complete. I spent like 70+ hours on Twilight Princess, and far more than that just loving around in Wind Waker. Never played any of the Skyrim or whatnot open world games so have no basis for comparison, but this could be a very, very long play experience for me.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That box art looks unfinished.

It's a shame, the vividly colored painted look of their concept art is great, wish they suck with that. Not sure what a muddy brown logo adds either.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
There would not have been 300 people working on the game for the majority of that 5 years.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I, personally, would not like that. I have a phone. I don't want a console to be gimped just so that I have slightly better games that I can take on the go with me.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I really like the art style in this game.

But I'd kill to have it be cel shaded in the same way that Studio Ghibli game is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Pretty sure that's Howl's Moving Castle.