Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm really not sure how I feel about this game so far. I loved Twilight Princess and hated a lot of things in Skyward Sword. Right now I can't help getting the sick feeling that these new developers might be loving with the parts of Zelda that I like.

I'm not sold on the art direction either, but I was never a fan of the cartoon aesthetic in a Zelda game.

Disposable items already doesn't sound encouraging. That really annoyed me in Skyward Sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Motto posted:

This game's design is about as far from SS as you can get.

Does that mean the map and compass are gonna be separate items again? Because I loving HATED that in Skyward Sword.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Of things to hate about Skyward Sword that seems a pretty strange one. What was so bad about it?

It made the dungeons a lot less fun only having the one thing to collect.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So it sounds like this game will be keeping the stamina mechanic for climbing as well.

Sigh... that was another thing that annoyed me in Skyward Sword. It felt like it put a serious limitation on the degree to which you could explore places (not that there was much to explore). Maybe being able to upgrade stamina will find a way around that.

Gorgolflox posted:

They never posted it, this is the box art from the official press kit that infinitum posted earlier in the thread.

That's a really complicated arrow.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is this the thread where I go to get help playing a Zelda game? Because there's two one treasure chest I'm trying to get in Twilight Princess HD, and GameFAQs is doing me no good.

The first chest is in Hyrule Field in Faron Province, under a wooden bridge behind the boards that make up the bridge.

The second chest is also in Hyrule Field, in the area just south of the exit/entrance to Castle Town, situated on top of a pillar (the pillar opposite the one you had to use the spinner on to get to the chest in the middle of the fountain) connected to the... archway... thing by a rope bridge.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 30, 2016

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Runcible Cat posted:

There's another chest on one end of the bridge over Lake Hylia you have to do that to get to, and maybe one in the Lost Woods too?

But yeah, other than those it's hardly used at all.

Where are those? I might have missed them.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bombadilillo posted:

Scared Skyward Sword will get the Dark Souls 2 treatment where all the amazing ideas will be abandoned because of all the complaining about unrelated things. Then again the Zelda cycle is an explicit thing known to Nintendo so people should start liking Skyward Sword in March.

I hated most of the new ideas in Skyward Sword, so I kinda hope they do get abandoned. Skyward Sword is probably my least favorite Zelda, and the only one I've never felt a strong urge to replay.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Do we know whether any more Special Editions are going to show up on Amazon? I'm trying to figure out whether to go ahead and just reserve the regular version at GameStop or hold out for a possible Special Edition on Amazon.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Are we even sure there are going to be only 4 dungeons? I thought that was a rumor.

Personally I'm hoping like hell for more.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yup. Voiced by Troy Baker.

gently caress you say!?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

gently caress, now I really want Link to be voiced by Troy Baker. You assholes got my hopes up.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I thought Skyward Sword was just okay.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, the non regular versions of Zelda are gone. Good luck.

Even the Special Editions? :smith:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:siren: Preorders for the Special Edition appear to be back on Walmart.com. I just ordered one a couple of hours ago, and they're still showing up as available as of right now.

Only problem is it won't be delivered until March 13th, but I don't have the console yet and will be out of town for awhile between Friday and then anyway, so it works for me.

Now let's just hope this isn't a glitch.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 2, 2017

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

:siren: Preorders for the Special Edition appear to be back on Walmart.com. I just ordered one a couple of hours ago, and they're still showing up as available as of right now.

Only problem is it won't be delivered until March 13th, but I don't have the console yet and will be out of town for awhile between Friday and then anyway, so it works for me.

Now let's just hope this isn't a glitch.

Four and a half hours later and it's...... still showing up as available. :raise:

What the gently caress? Yesterday you couldn't get the BotW Special Edition anywhere, today Walmart's had them available for at least an entire afternoon. Something doesn't seem right.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Oxxidation posted:

The Switch looks DOA to such a degree that even if Breath of the Wild runs like the Last Guardian on Wii U I still wouldn't get one. Hell, I regret buying the Wii U, sort of. Hyrule Warriors was great but Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade X were my big hopes for that console and they both kind of sucked!

Look at this dumb bitch who hasn't played Smash 4.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Yo, I just started playing for the first time and I’m at the part where I have to get stuff out of the three shrines for the old man so he’ll give me the paraglider. Where do I go to get some peppers? I already got the ones by that tree fort near the bridge to the cold mountain area, and it looks like I need some more so I can build up my cold tolerance, but the ones by the tree fort haven’t grown back yet and I don’t know where else to find them at.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bruceski posted:

Around the other side of the non-snow area there's a "logging camp" of the Wanderer's cabin. More grow there and there's a book you may find handy.

Uhh... I’m at the tree fort right now. Can you give me an indication of where to go from there to get here?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’m on my way to Kakariko for the first time (I’m up to the stable) and I’ve got a couple questions.

1. I’m still wearing the shirt I got at the start of the game. Should I have gotten an upgrade by now, and if so, where do I go to do that?
2. What are some good recipes? I just made something called “dubious food” that they had to pixelate.

Fuzz posted:

Make sure you run around the mountain and get up to the summit, even before you hit the shrine. You'll thank me later.

I forgot to do that. Maybe I’ll go back and do it soon.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Fuzz posted:

Make sure you run around the mountain and get up to the summit, even before you hit the shrine. You'll thank me later.

Okay so I’m at the summit of Mount Hylia, there’s a rock formation, I found some amber in it, bombing it didn’t work... what am I supposed to do here?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The Bloop posted:

Here's some unsolicited advice: you are doing yourself a disservice. Just. Explore.

But I wanna get all the stuff. :(

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’m at the shrine in Kakariko Village and I can’t figure out what to do. I’m supposed to learn how to side hop? But I’ve already done that a bunch of times and nothing’s happening. And I’ve destroyed the eightfold sword I got in the chest, but the loving machine won’t loving die or take a single hit.

What do I do? Help!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

would

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

*gets to the Rollgoal-style ball maze shrine in Hatena Village*

*spends 30 minutes trying vainly to get the ball through the dumb little gyroscopic maze*

*goes “gently caress it”; flips entire controller upside-down*

*solves the puzzle with an upside-down controller in like 3 minutes*

:getin:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

One other question: What do the numbers next to all the weapons and armors and shields mean?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Reinanigans posted:

Power and defense value. Bigger is better.

Okay. Which one is which?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is there anything I can make with apples that’s more profitable than Simmered Fruit?

Also what are some good recipes for making money, and where can I find more rushrooms and Hyrule herbs (I’m in Hatena Village) because I’ve got a bunch of fish and I want to make some Steamed Fish. Oh and I’ve got some prime raw meat, so I need good moneymaking recipes for that too.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 25, 2018

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bongo Bill posted:

Baked apples. Here's how.

Go to Death Mountain. Goron City is a good choice. Drop apples on the ground, ten at a time. (More than ten and they will start to despawn.) They'll quickly turn into baked apples. Pick them back up before they burn away. There's an NPC in Rito Village who buys baked apples in bulk, and pays a higher price the more you bring her at once. If you sell 100 baked apples at a time, she pays 12 rupees per, so you can get 1200 rupees at a time this way.

In general, the sale price of cooked food or elixir is strictly a function of what ingredients were used to make it. If you cook five gourmet meat together, you can sell the resulting skewer for 490 rupees. (This is slightly less efficient than selling the raw gourmet meat to the NPC at Outskirt Stable, but he only buys three per day, but it's better than selling the raw ingredients to a normal vendor.)

I JUST got the Camera function on my Sheikah Slate, so it may be awhile before I get to Goron City or Rito Village at all.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This is a dumb question, but is there like a list of recipes along with how much money they make on GameFAQs or something? I’d check myself, but I’m afraid of spoilers. :ohdear:

(I’m trying to buy some poo poo.)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

What comes next in the Main Quest after I talk to Impa the second time? I think it says I’m supposed to go to a place in a photo near Mount Lanayru or something? But the pin is pointing to Impa’s house for some reason, which... I was just there.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Okay I went to the Lanayru Gate, I recovered the first memory, I went back to Impa and I got the dumb blue tunic. What am I supposed to do next?

... I mean... I know I can pick what I want to do, but I wanna know, like... what’s next in the order of... DAMMIT WHAT COMES NEXT IN THE MAIN QUEST ORDER? I don’t wanna pick poo poo, I wanna do the CORRECT NEXT thing.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bongo Bill posted:

Congratulations: you have reached the point of the game where there is no longer any order to the main quests.

The only mandatory quest in the game, once you've left the plateau, is to defeat Ganon, and it is possible to attempt that at any time. Some people sprinted directly to the castle and beat the game just like that on the very first day the game was out. It was very difficult because they hadn't done any other quests, but nothing will stop you.

You could continue the current quest, which is to find all of the memories. In the course of searching, you will encounter the quest lines associated with the Divine Beasts, which can be attempted in any order, as well as other things that will help you fight Ganon. Since you seem to want a recommendation, I'll give you one: start either with the one in the east or the one in the northwest, as they're a bit easier than the one in the north and the one in the southwest.

You could also set out to fill in the entire map of Hyrule by activating every tower, and visit every shrine you notice along the way.

... well gently caress.

Okay, I also climbed Mount Lanayru and hit one of the dragon’s eyeball tumors with an arrow and now he’s flying around, so I guess I should finish that. Is there an easier way to hit that thing than just aiming upward and hoping something hits?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bruceski posted:

Glider. Dragons create an updraft around them.

Okay but then how do I hit the tumors?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wait... I can use my bow and arrow WHILE GLIDING IN MIDAIR!?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Aw man I just got the Frostspear but I’m afraid to use it because it’s awesome and I don’t want it to break. :smith:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

One thing that I find true about every Zelda game, regardless of iteration, is that Zora’s Domain always owns. Always.

The Bloop posted:

Imagine being liberated from linearity to get to explore a wide and wondrous world, freed from hording and grinding by a surplus of easily available goodies often literally under every rock and blade of grass, able to tackle problems however your clever mind can imagine in whatever order you choose,

and wishing for less.

I'm just bitter because I wish I could erase 200+ hours of BotW from my mind and do it all again for the first time and I see people trying to blast through it in a day with guidebooks and google. :mad:

I mean, this is a good game, and I like it so far, it’s just... not Zelda. This feels more like somebody took Zelda and turned it into Tomba... but in 3D.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Before I go deeper in, is Prince Sidon in Zora’s Domain when I first meet him, or is he outside it along the river? I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to meet him before I got to Zora’s Domain.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

There’s a chest under some water in the Vah Ruta dungeon (that’s the elephant) right near the beginning that I’m having trouble figuring out how to get. What do I do to get it? I think this is the last thing I have to do in this dungeon besides defeat the boss.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bongo Bill posted:

Is it a metal chest?

...... gently caress.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

There wouldn’t happen to be a Zora Hood that goes with the rest of the Zora Armor to complete the set, would there? I wanna grab that before I leave for my next stop.

Bruceski posted:

Hey, you remembered Cryonis could lift the gate to the map pedestal, that puts you ahead of probably half the folks who play this game. It's not something used often.

That actually took me a few minutes to remember but yeah.