Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I really enjoyed Skyward Sword, but every time I think about replaying it I remember the the amount of tedium I'd have to go through to get to the good bits fight Koloktos again and I lose interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm in Skull Lake.

Howdy neighbor.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Shoehead posted:

WW Link is one of my absolute favorite Links. They really used the cartoony design as an excuse to make him super expressive

Skyward Sword did a dang good job of making up for Twilight Princess's relative lack of expression with Groose and everything he says and does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScthZHMFaRU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Don't step on the flowers.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The moment I get the message that my weapon is about to break, I immediately backflip and chuck it into the enemy's face, and it is satisfying every time.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Harrow posted:

The only downside is that weapon durability makes me want to avoid combat when I can, because even though I usually win, it often costs more than I gained. Maybe when the light scaling kicks in and enemies start carrying better weapons I'll stop feeling like I wasted durability on my good weapons just to walk away with a handful of arrows and a club.

For real don't worry about it. There are weapons everywhere and very quickly you'll find better.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Ciaphas posted:

I keep mousing my way through this thread not really avoiding spoilers and sighing inwardly at myself for not liking the game :(

Not every game is for everyone. Don't waste your time on something you don't enjoy, and play something you do like Nier: Automata.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Internet Kraken posted:

The master sword is lame and I'm glad you don't actually need it for anything.

It's perfect for cutting down trees.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Ow!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I used whatever the gently caress I found because I had way too much fun chucking weapons into bokoblin teeth, so my weapon inventory cycled a lot. With shields, though, I got real picky super fast because lizal shields are loving ugly.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Mezzanine posted:

Version 1.1 of my Android cooking guide app is up!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mezzanine.botwcooking

- Added a "Recipe List" screen! Tap the "list" icon on the main screen
- When making a recipe with a specific effect, show ingredients with that effect first
- Titled individual screens for clarification

As promised, have some more codes!

B8GVRNSLUD5DC05ZS8KHT4L
X3TJFYDE740Q383Q1RAHNGB
DVL594KU45KX483H0ZUMUT1
UBL3DUUMQN3MU9XDUWRB18M
BBBNFWMAR7YF4WZKL1739CP
3KE3WHTLSF1CUC6GR98AE39
E6MS8SQA8CK9N0R1EWL7K4X
S7BP39SCCNEYWZ3EVEFJ7G1
F6WTX2MQM674QJY53YURUC1
JCCQ6U6W8NYD391GEDL6ZAZ

If you use one, please let me know in the thread - and if you installed before / now, a review would be greatly appreciated!

More updates coming soon...

E6MS8SQA8CK9N0R1EWL7K4X

I used this one. Thanks, dude!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

acksplode posted:

Here have mine

c'mon man this isn't the skyrim thread

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Jose posted:

I've got 2/3 of the ancient set at 2 upgrades but now I need loads of ancient cores. How do I get so many?

Head to Hyrule Field with the Master Sword and go Guardian huntin'.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Carlosologist posted:

one thing I noticed while playing was that when I got attacked by a Yiga, there was a Gerudo lady walking near by and she stopped to join the fray! that was one of the cooler things I've experienced so far

Those women are fierce. I've never had better incidental allies than when a Gerudo participates.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I pop Daruk's power the moment it comes off of cooldown because Daruk is cool and I like hearing his happy voice.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Hi this is my Breath of the Wild story

I restarted the game after letting my original unfinished though late-game save file sit around for a solid six months, so I've been making my way through the early game, having fun rekindling my skills from my first go. I go to do Vah Rutah and get the quest to get some shock arrows. I make sure to pick up the companion sidequest to get a picture of the Lynel.

I make my way up the mountain, I sneak around and grab all the shock arrows I'll need... and the Lynel spots me. I decide, y'know what, I used to chew Lynels up, I got nothing to be afraid of. I broke literally all of my shields and weapons except for one, but I loving got him. With three hearts, two stamina upgrades, and a bunch of middling-to-poo poo weapons, I conquered the red Lynel. I trumphantly flew back to Zora's Domain to resupply, and realized once I landed back in the city...

... I had forgotten to take a photo. :negative:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
You don't--I went to the coliseum and took a picture of that one and it worked.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
lol if you don't immediately backflip and huck your weapon into your enemy's face the moment you get the message it's about to break then pick up their weapon and continue the murdering

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
They also appear more frequently the more bananas you're carrying.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I just want to say it's a loving crime that there isn't a Kass amiibo that when used doesn't drop any loot but instead summons Kass to replace whatever song is currently playing with an accordion version.

0/10 will continue to play this game for another 600 hours but only begrudgingly.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Learn to let go.

Of your weapons.

By throwing them.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I've experienced Zora's Domain both ways; climbing and gliding in from the back, and the "traditional" way by following the road and getting loving encouragement from my fish boyfriend Sidon. Both were great for completely different reasons; first former from an emergent make-my-own-way standpoint, and the latter from a fun extended puzzle-ish combat encounter standpoint.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I've always interpreted the Zelda games to be "re-tellings" of the same story, and the games that are connected to each other are explicitly connected, like ALBW and LttP.

Otherwise who loving cares, the games themselves sure don't.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Unless I'm going guardian hunting, I use the Master Sword literally only to cut down trees and chop through ore deposits.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

UltraRed posted:

Still, I don't really know where to take it.

Anywhere. Everywhere.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Yeah but he's adorable enough that he gets a pass

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I just wanna say that Nintendo nailed the audio/visual reward for parrying so goddamn well my happy lizard brain goes into overdrive every time I pull it off

GET THAT GRUBBY MITT OUTTA MY FACE

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
You can also play as Linkle and let me tell you someone spent a lot of time making sure her and her outfits are as :3: as could be

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Hungry posted:

Has anybody here actually used this mod? How well does it run?

I'm using it currently and there's absolutely zero performance impact, just less-than-second moments where textures load in when I switch armors for the first time after starting up CEMU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Dazerbeams posted:

Any advice on how to complete the Major test of strength shrines? I’ve run into a couple but I’m pretty sure all my weapons would shatter before I could kill the guardian.

Go shopping in Hyrule Castle; even with just three high-end weapons from there you can clear major tests of strengths without breaking a sweat

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I'm now imagining BotW with KH3's combat and at the very least Lynel fights would be even crazier

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Consider this: the visual and audio effects for parrying are :c00l::krad::c00l:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah so what's safe to sell? I haven't sold much of anything because I know monster parts are used to level your armor and I assume stuff like the rubies and topaz do something similar, I'm just worried I'll sell something hard to get and rare and be screwed down the line. It's a bit annoying because I'm always out of arrows but I don't have enough money to buy more.

Nothing is finite or even particular difficult to get; I'll sell literally everything in my inventory the moment I get to Kakariko Village, and again when I arrive at Hateno, then I start being a little more discerning with what I sell.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

you actually WANT to see the rear end in a top hat with maracas again??

You don't?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The best balance of power in the game is raiding Hyrule Castle immediately after leaving the Great Plateau; three hearts, one extra pip on the stamina wheel, and a bunch of endgame weapons with which to swat moblins around :c00l:

E: and the Hylian Shield so you can THPS everywhere

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

maltesh posted:

I want to say that you also get more parts if you cut off the legs before you kill them, as each leg evered drops a smattering of parts, but it occurs to me I've never actually compared the totals.

Yes; each leg is a drop separate from destroying the guardian itself.

Good for stocking up on parts to make more ancient shields because those are the secret to shield surfing like a fuckin pro

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Moldugas are also extra susceptible to thunder so you can absolutely ruin a stunned one with a thunder spear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The champion powers also carry over as well, so you can use Urbosa's Fury to cheese all of them.