Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Despera posted:

Mount Lanayru? Froze my rear end off there

I just blasted a corrupted dragon spirit up there with some bullet-time glider shots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Anyone know where the climbing tunic is at?

I just found it:
The Island southeast of Hateno there's a shrine with a tough fight, it's in the chest after you beat it

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

After I've upgraded all of my runes, is it safe to sell ancient parts or are they used for more stuff?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

How much more Stamina do you get for a Stamina Upgrade? I've been getting Heart Containers exclusively because I want more health to survive this brutal rear end world but I think I need more stamina at this point.

1/5th of a ring

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Any tips for mounting deer? Level 2 Stealth Up foods don't seem to be doing it... do I need level 3?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Also walk really slowly and approach it from behind. When you get on, Mash L like crazy.

Yeah I did it, I used a food with 3 stealth icons and had the hat on as well.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Hedrigall posted:

You guys did all that work? I just paraglided down onto one from above :haw:

It was hard enough finding one in the area after I had scared them all off

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Wow...these enemies up near Zora's domain actually drop arrows for a change...I'm actually gaining them faster than using them

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

First dungeon down!
After playing practically 2 full days nonstop

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Macintosh HD posted:

Can't you do them in whatever order? Which one did you do first

I did the Zora one because it's basically the first area I went to after the early stuff

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

You also get hearts from beating dungeons

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Does anyone else always drop rocks on the Koroks after finding them under them?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

totally just snuck past a lynel for 2 chests with 300 rupees each

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm catching on fire though, meaning:

I can't even get here.

The lady at the stables sold me some fireproof elixirs (but I'm not heading that way just yet)

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

Interesting, I'm missing two of these. Is there a list anywhere, unless they're spoilers somehow?

Amiibo may be one...I'm still missing one as well though

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Anyone know where the fire dragon is?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Beat the Labyrinth Island.

I climbed the wall with my super stamina gauge.

What about all of the flying guardians around?
I just navigated my way to the end - took about 2 minutes

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

holy crap I'm never taking off the stealth suit at night now that I got it to level 2

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Suspicious Dish posted:

i'm constantly running low on arrows. any good stashes i should know about, preferably in the top/topright/right quadrant since that's what i chose to explore?

Lizalfos on route to Zora's domain almost all drop packs of 5

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I got the White Royal Horse. loving idiot thing kept trying to throw itself at the cliff near where it hangs out and kill itself in spite of the game's code preventing it from falling over the edge, so now it's named Freckles. loving Freckles will most likely get itself killed in some idiot manner in the future, because he is a Horse.

I named mine Cliffy for the same reason - I ended up slapping it with a sword after mounting it to get it off the drat cliffs where it fell into the water and swam to shore

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

How the gently caress are you supposed to do this horse race? It's like there's no rhyme or reason as to whether the horse will refuse to jump or not (tried 3 different horses, same result)

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Deceptive Thinker posted:

How the gently caress are you supposed to do this horse race? It's like there's no rhyme or reason as to whether the horse will refuse to jump or not (tried 3 different horses, same result)

Figured it out finally after about 30 tries
Epona, only boost at the beginning, hold ZL the whole time, line up your jumps as early as possible

edit: also, horse fairy has the best music

Deceptive Thinker fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 8, 2017

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Despera posted:

This game drastically overestimates your ability to catch critterrs

Stealth suit and/or food

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Does every shield break if you miss the timing on the beam deflect?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

There's a headpiece that uses them in the upgrade costs. It's like 2 and 4 for the 1st two upgrades

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Spears are also good for the hard-to-reach Stone Talus weakpoints which seem to show up more and more on the ones I see

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Bum the Sad posted:

Ok this Mounted Archery thing is impossible. Dear god some one help me.

The horse will steer/move itself - just aim for target shooting

If you're still struggling try bomb arrows and/or x3 x5 arrow spread bows

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Bum the Sad posted:

Why would bombs help other than on the last five?

You can hit the ground and still blow up the balloons with the bombs

They'll also multi-hit the set of 2 and the ones that go up along the hillside (I think)

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

I wonder why you can only save 48 pics. What a weird number. They really couldn't fit in two more spaces for 50?

Also is there anyway to view saved album pics fullscreen and without the slate effect over it?

12 per page
edit: maybe 16...I don't have the game in front of me at the moment

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Whelp, just finished my 3-heart "storm the castle" run (gently caress thunderblight ganon)
Now it's back to hunting Koroks and Talus/Hinox on the main file until hard mode comes out

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

euphronius posted:

Horses follow paths on their own. This amazes and delights me.

This is VERY useful when you're trying to complete the horseback archery minigame too

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

it'll be interesting to see what happens when people start doing "full main completion" runs though, the divine beasts are probably going to be broken hilariously :getin:

There are probably as many runners doing all dungeons as there are any% at this point. A smaller # doing all main quests also, but they are doing it.
Right now one of the beasts is done mapless

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

FYI, ancient arrows instagib lynels

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Item Getter posted:

You have to ditch him before dungeon #3 since Richard and the monkey who builds a bridge into Kanalet Castle won't talk to you with him following you around.

In the original you could select-glitch over certain segments to keep him forever

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Augus posted:

Eagle’s Tower felt a lot easier to me than it did in the original. Maybe I’m just better at video games now, idk.
Turtle Rock is so much more tolerable now that rooms stay cleared after you exit them.

Eagle's Tower is super easy if you have a good sense of spacial layout, something that has probably improved for anyone after 10-15 years. Couple that with knowing what you have to do already, and you won't find yourself wandering around 30 times trying to figure out what position the switches need to be in and how to get the ball and Link into the right room.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

B because gently caress spirit tracks

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

PringleCreamEgg posted:

This is easily my favorite Warriors game so far, and I've actually been enjoying the story which is a weird thing to happen. My biggest issue with the game is that it for some reason makes me want to replay BotW again. Oh and while it's fun to switch up Link's outfit, I would also love alternate outfits for the other characters. Maybe they're in and I don't know how to access them?

You get the ability to change the champions out of their tunic after you finish the story - and Zelda gets 3 options: her original outfit, the dress, and her winter coat

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Revali is still incredibly confusing as to how to use for me and I've cleared the entire game

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

you will and you'll also see groose in hd

but will I get both in the same game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Amppelix posted: