Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Played it for a bit, and I don't know if I'm too fond of the handheld mode. It's super sharp but there appears to be no anti-aliasing, so the grass and trees are all shimmery edges.
It probably won't matter much once I experience the true potential of playing on a bus, but right now I like the look on TV, even if it's a bit soft and framey.

edit: On Switch.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The R stick position STINKS on the Joycons. You kinda have to stop everything to move the camera.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

MokBa posted:

This has been my phone background for the past 2 years.

Link's got a sweet back boob.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 3, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

sigmachiev posted:

I have what might be a dumb tech question: would Nintendo, if they wanted to, be able to release a patch down the road that would "true up" the 900p of the switch to 1080p? Or is that impossible due to the hardware?

I'm so confused on these framerate takes, half people saying the issues are basically solved except in very crowded instances, half saying it's horrible. It's.like the one thing people can't agree on.

It's presumably 900 cause it ran worse at 1080. They probably don't want you to see what they saw.

There are framerate drops in certain instances, one being pretty much as soon as you get control in the world, which is what's probably instantly hitting people.
At least early on, there aren't many issues with the handheld mode's performance.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Got to a merchant. Any reason not to sell machine parts (ancient screws, ect) and gemstones?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gorgolflox posted:

Don't sell those parts!

Cheers. Can you vaguely tell me why?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Climb any sloped surface with any level of stamina, even while raining.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anCN5fnJViw

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

somnambulist posted:

I get that the game is challenging and forces you to explore but i'm not able to do anything and I'd love some general pointers.

I have 5 hearts and an upgraded Hylian set from the great fairie (hood, tunic, trousers)

I have about 1200 rupees, should I get something else?

I'm dying a LOT, and while i know it's supposed to be hard, there's no way it should be THIS often. Maybe I'm bad at combat? Trying to figure this out. Any tips from someone that may have sucked before they had some kind of epiphany? :p

What are you dying to? Regular goblin and lizard dudes? Then yeah, you need to get better at combat.
Practice at dodging and reading their moves. Use jumping attacks and heavy weapons to stagger and bash shields away. If engaging with a big group let them chase you while dropping a bomb behind to spread them out.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

DF played a little more than five minutes this time to reveal that there's definitely a bit more Blighttown to Wii-U Zelda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhoiGxl6bnE