Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Didn't find the way to expand my inventory until I had over one hundred tokens and two legendary beasts handled. Made weapon selection an interesting process what with the wands and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Sono posted:

You can have dupes of armor.

To expand on this, you can also color or sell those extras

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Runcible Cat posted:

I'm just going to pick up 3 more to max out my shields, then they can live in peace wherever they holed up. Then Ganon, then I'll switch off the WiiU until the DLC comes out.

Switch it off? But Shovel Knight just updated!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

If you're not rocking a 5x bow nuking ancient fuckers with a hail of glowing neutron arrows while riding a zombie looking horse then I don't know what you're playing at.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

You do get an ability to have a shield like effect while using a two hander but it's not an actual held shield so you don't parry or reflect with it

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

MustelaFuro posted:

Did you know Lynels can teleport? I was fighting the one near Tarm Point just north of Wintre Island and when he and Link were both at the precipice of a ledge he disappeared in a pinkish flash. When I ran back to where I originally was it reappeared with the same pinkish flash, thankfully without restoring any health.

Found that out early on while trying to investigate a falling star at night when first leaving the plateau, winding up at the coliseum. Sometimes they'll teleport closer to you.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Phantasium posted:

smh if you didn't learn about good old Zabie with Chrono Trigger.

Who can forget L,A,R,A besides. L,O,R,O for PlayStation I guess.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

You can ask to take out a horse that you left across the map at any stable and they'll summon it up for you. The whistle range is also pretty far.

I just like that they follow roads and are way easy to use and fight with. Half the time on a horse in battlefield I'm struggling to get it to listen.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

After beating BOTW, I'm playing through Ocarina of Time right now on my 3DS and just finished the Water temple. It wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered it, still annoying though.

That's because it's better on the 3DS for many reasons. Imagine having to navigate equipment subscreens every time you want those boots on or off.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

There's a marble labyrinth puzzle, and I figured out you can just flip it upside down and toss the ball instead of navigating the maze. That was fun.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah I've already figured this out upon backtracking - I'm constantly tempted to find sneaky ways around things but maybe I ought to avoid that. I feel like I could have easily missed the inventory-size upgrade guy forever.

I had something like 300 seeds before finding him.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Don't grind, just play. Also shrines show up better at night in general since they're all lit up.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

It's satisfying to whap a moblin upside the head from a distance with a bat his buddy was carrying.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

You can also just light the pepper on fire by other means. As long as it burns, it creates a small updraft, where normally you need a big brush fire to have one.

This is awesome, good tip. Does it work in shrines?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I think a basic red bokoblin has 13hp while bombs do 30, however you're going to shortly run into enemies with hundreds of hp. Even a couple dozen hundred hp. Granted you'll have more weapons and knowledge by then, but tossing bombs to clear a camp won't be as effective.

However, clearing camps can be really fun, so enjoy the process. You'll always find more equipment. Throw bats to smoke moblins in the face and stall their stuff.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

You can use the cycle on eventide :v: You can joust the miniboss with it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

A doggo following you around would be cool and good but let's not forget that at the end of the road of Zelda companions...

You know that you can have a doggo with his own health bar follow you around right? And attack bad guys alongside you. It's actually Wolf Link and he uses whatever stats you had saved from his own game to the amiibo.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

There's some ways to cancel weapon attack animations, it's been a while since I played but I think you do a quick hop or something

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Dazerbeams posted:

Any advice on how to complete the Major test of strength shrines? I’ve run into a couple but I’m pretty sure all my weapons would shatter before I could kill the guardian.

Good arrow aim and upgraded stasis helps make your openings count. They drop good weaponry if you win.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Blast of Confetti posted:

time to buy some loving cardboard

Google couldn't convince me to but this definitely does.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

The camera lets you search for arbitrary items, including treasure chests. I'm pretty sure it'll straight up spawn things for you to find in the case of ingredients, too.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

The hero in the tapestry is Groose. It depicts him stealing the credit for defeating Demise. Obviously.

Groose deserves any credit he gets and you know it. Unsung hero of the series.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

God I missed Rampant Zelda Speculation Season.

We saw Demise in the trailer and BotW 2 will have an explicit tie to Skyward Sword's setting.

BotW plot was actually Rampant Ganon Speculation in the Marathon sense

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

The Yiga are more into bananas

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Heavy Metal posted:

In Breath of the Wild I grabbed a few fish with my bare hands though.

Electric arrows or bomb-fishing, if not the new trick of herding them onto land

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Zelda Zero Mission would be my kind of jam

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Rube Grooseberg's Cannon-o-Rama

Untitled Groose Game

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Baking apples you got from an orchard is a really effective money maker. But there are so many ways, just pick the one you find fun!

(Bombing trees is fun)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

How the hell did that stupid Lynel keep seeing me from a thousand feet away while it's raining and I have a 3x Stealth Bonus?

Lynels are very tricky enemies with a lot of advantages and quirks. They're basically bad guy heroes with fancy gear of their own.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

"Link wouldn't be so easily caught/defeated" and they give you a chance to prove it in BotW. That feels fair enough. Badass your way through being caught should be an option.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Climb, climb, climb, leap. Find climbing gear if you need, and create updrafts via fire or powers.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Just be sure to use a lynel bow with those ancient arrows of yours, right? Right?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Don't forget the record button for when you gently caress up. Convert your mistakes into cherished memories!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

I want to be able to boil lakes dry; I want to start raging wildfires that deforest entire regions; in short I want Link to be an unprecedented ecological disaster.

Leave no jar standing

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I really should play Zelda 2, I completely passed it over as a kid. The platforming part made no sense to me at the time.

Jump over every crystal platform after killing each dungeon boss and getting the treasure, exit to the right. Skip every static 1-up collectible, you want them for the very end of the game. Prioritise attack-up when you level.

At the end of the game save and do a marathon to get all the 1-ups and crush each dungeon, doing so is guaranteed to give you your next level-up reward which for 9999 is an additional 1-up.

Then, give that final dungeon your best shot.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Oh gently caress, yeah, just use save states and rewinds if you've got them.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

The combat in this game has dodging, parrying, blocking, Flurry of Blows, stealth, backstabbing, and bullet time. It is, by every metric, more advanced than older Zelda games except for SUCKWARD SWORD and WOLFQUEST.

You can also stasis enemies in place, knock them around with bombs, and there are more environmental effects than ever to do things like cause useful updrafts not to mention harnessing lightning storms to fry enemies.

Then there's all the wands, and triple-explosive-bows into a flock of keese never gets old.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

The only gripe and change I'd want on weapons regarding them degrading is a loving durability stay so I know how how many swings are left on a weapon before breaking.

Sword icon red, throw at monster head
Sword icon white, weapon health all right

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Lmao no, anyone over the age of 12 realized they wouldnt have printed it “wrong” on the box

Anyhow, enough about Resident Evil: Revelaitons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

You haven't been feeding your horse, or at least catch it eating apples from shrine puzzles?