Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Trent posted:

I don't see anyone taking about this, but there was some HUD in one of the videos that looked like a horseshoe/cartoon magnet, and I think it looked identical to that U-shaped controller patent Nintendo filed.

Possible NX design?

I bet the tablet thing Link uses has some resemblance to the NX as well.

That is my though also, the Tablet is going to look a lot like the NX controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Why the gently caress does that dude sound like he has marbles in his mouth?

Thanks to the Switch's HD rumble, If you watch a gamexplain video while holding the joycons you can actually feel the marbles in his mouth

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

does anyone know if there are gyro controls for bow aiming and stuff? I've really come to like gyro aiming in games

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's not a full remap but you can switch the jump and run buttons around, at least you can for the Wii U version. It actually has a surprising amount of options including a pro hud. Amiibo also have to be enabled in options before you can use them.

j-jump button???

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Is it just me or does the framerate seem a lot more solid once you're off the plateau? I'm playing in docked mode, even.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

padijun posted:

has someone done this yet

the ocarina of time works the same way

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

Haha

In seriousness I actually love how much this game embraces the whole idea of giving you directions to places rather than just putting waypoints on the map. There are a few of those but the stables and people there telling you about points of interest nearby is just so good.

Especially the one kid who hates having to do it.

Haha, I just found that kid

What's to the east of here?
I don't know, Death Mountain, who gives a poo poo?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Feenix posted:

I've finally gotten 4 more Spirit Orbs (after my initial 4). I am far away. Is the general expectation that I fast travel to the prayer place?

Also: My first 4 I went with Stamina. Should I keep that up first? Or get more than my default 3 hearts?

There are statues in other places around the world you'll find, but you might as well go back to the plateau real quick to cash them in.

You can respec points later on but you're gonna want more hearts at first, imo.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I am looking forward to seeing what tunes will get into/get remixed in the next Smash Bros.

The composer for BOTW previously managed to take this already chill-rear end song she did for New Leaf and make it into something even better for Smash.

holy poo poo, for real It makes so much sense the BOTW music person made ambient Animal Crossing music and I love it

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

squidgee posted:

Ancient arrow vs lynel.

:stare:
Haha I did the exact same thing, first time firing an ancient arrow. "well, this says it will do massive dama:stare:"

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Xaris posted:

Anyways it was time to wrap up the game. Ganon was kind of weak poo poo, especially phase 2. Even Thunderblight was harder really. I did have my timing down perfectly for reflecting beams by the end of the game which felt good though. Still good ending. I think one thing I liked about OoT is there was some personality to Gannon which made the revenge all that sweeter, I wasn't quite feeling him as a boss here.

I liked it because I took this game to be at the way end of the timeline and he ditched all that poo poo eons ago. At this point he's just a malevolent force. I liked the little nod Urbosa gave to him assuming the form of a Gerudo long ago and I was actually pretty creeped out by his first form's' kind of human corpse face. The second form was easy as poo poo but it looked awesome and it was pretty cool to get the light bow.. It felt like a good capper to me but maybe a lot of that is because I beat every shrine and went in there with the classic Link outfit, Master Sword and Hylian Shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

You know, if I had to take on even like one enemy in the main game at one quarter heart I would have freaked the gently caress out. But somehow I managed to do it at the beginning of this DLC repeatedly, and I didn't even die all that much. Still, pretty brutal!