Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CfFnLoiLqk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I'm looking towards the Longplays where Link saves the world wearing nothing but his briefs.

Miyamoto is talking about beating Ganon with no clothes on the stream right now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm not hearing any frame rate issues from people playing on the floor so it's probably the stream. I wouldn't be surprised to see the NX version be 60FPS or something though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

:siren:SAILING:siren:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm surprisingly hyped about the combat system which I wasn't expecting much from since it's open world.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jsor posted:

Oh yeah, TH is the only Zelda game I never played, since I was busy at the time it came out. Is it worth getting?

If you mean Twilight Princess then yes, but play the HD version.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

thexerox123 posted:

I think they meant Triforce Heroes.

Oh then I'd only get that if you're playing with friends since it's pretty dead with pubs and the single player sucks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So. NWPlayer, hacker that is best known for datamining Splatoon and uncovering and making videos of weapons before they came out, basically is helping out a guy leak out the E3 demo. This guy just shoved an SD card into a Wii U at E3, copy/pasted the 16gig demo and now they're working together to get it out there, apparently it'll be out tomorrow and you'll need a modded Wii U for that.

That guy is going to go to jail.:lol:

I'll still download that poo poo though if they can make it work.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Open world with actual good combat mechanics seems like a good idea to me and it seems like that's what we're getting so far.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Legit wonder if you might be able to control a guardian at some point to get the full Xeboblade experience

I wouldn't be surprised since there's an amiibo for one.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

They're still trying to get someone to dump the game right now to an SD card after yesterday. After the first attempt already went public.

What's the worst that could happen to the person who attempts it or actually gets away with it y'know?

What happened with the first attempt?

It takes a pretty long time to copy 16GB on Wii U but I guess it could be done since they're giving everyone 40 min at demo stations.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 16, 2016

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I'm really curious if Wolf Link is a one-off thing or if you're going to be able to find and tame animals like wolves to hunt alongside you

Other than having a horse to ride around I mean

I'd imagine. It would be weird to code something like that just for a relatively small bonus unless there's another way to get Wolf Link without the amiibo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope Ganon is a big pig man with a trident again. I'm getting bored of Ganondorf.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Wii U is my favorite console since the SNES but I'll still probably get this on NX unless the NX version turns out to be a slightly scaled down handheld version.

I hope we'll be able to build a house. It would be neat to be able to hang up equipment you find.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV2AVzrT8fQ

Setting Hyrule ablaze with bouncing fire balls is going to be the best thing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wank posted:

Wait, what? Is 3DS the better version? That's the better option for me but it looks silly to me on the small screen.

It is. Has more content and some nice refinements but I personally find it too hectic on the low res 3DS screen. It also doesn't have the co-op of the Wii U version.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Zcyzo3w54

You can use both the heads and arms from Stals as weapons.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'll get it on NX unless the NX version ends up being worse for some reason since I'm an idiot that gets every Nintendo system at launch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nahxela posted:

I couldn't tell he was a penguin until I GISed him.

I always thought he was some racist caricature that NOA edited.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A flying mount would be pretty cool and makes sense if the world really is massive. I hope it would be something weird though like a repurposed guardian or something.

I'm excited to see what they do with towns and characters. I thought that was one of Skyward Sword's best aspects so hopefully it's equal to that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ImpAtom posted:

There is no way Nintendo is going to let Link murder an old man for his loot.

I don't think they'll allow killing but I predict dickishness like stealing and breaking down old men's doors being expanded.

I think the old man in the demo even scolds Link for taking his baked apple without speaking to him first.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Klades posted:

Does anyone actually have Phantom Hourglass on Wii U? Can you just put the screen on the TV so you can at least loving see? I didn't like the controls in and of themselves but having to stick your hand and stylus between yourself and the screen was the worst bit.

I don't have it on Wii U but DS VC games let you choose between almost any viewing combination on the TV that you can think of.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

OB_Juan posted:

This game has me pretty excited for some Zelda action, but I haven't actually played a Zelda game since Links Awakening!

My roomate has a WiiU. Is the Twilight Princess HD thing worth it?

Yes. TP is good and the HD version cuts out a few annoying bits.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does anything in LA even tell you about bomb arrows?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The hang by your hands one took me a while to figure out since I don't think you ever need to do that anywhere else except maybe the opening?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is LA the only Zelda that rewards you for never dying?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm interested in seeing what he could come up with.

Marvelous is really good and you all should check it out with the fan translation.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You'll be able to revive the wolf somehow.

It's not confirmed since we don't know anything about NX yet but there's no way it won't have amiibo support with how successful they've been.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The bosses were the best part of SS. The only time I ever felt awesome using motion controls was against Koloktos and Demise.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Instant Sunrise posted:

I'm just wondering if i shouldn't preemptively replace the CR2032 battery before i get too far into the game

It's not a very long game but I would, especially if it's the original battery.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

New footage of the Temple of Time in Breath of the Wild: https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/videos/1089827307768388/?pnref=story

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

PH and ST are pretty good if you play the patched versions that allow traditional controls.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Waltzing Along posted:

Please tell us more.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2248/
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2235/

Obviously you'll need to play via flash cart or an emulator for these to work. It's not perfect and some obvious things you still need stylus controls for but it's a much more comfortable way to play the games, especially for weirdos like me that finds handwriting awkward as well.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hedrigall posted:

GameXplain is my guilty pleasure. The main dude's voice is SUPER irritating but I watch every loving 45 minute analysis video they put out. It's fun to get excited about games :3:

Same. They are super positive about games and that's nice.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

a.lo posted:

GameXplain has their BotW analysis up and it is over 2 hours long

The first half is kinda interesting but the last half is all boring piecing which scene is where on a map. I have to give them credit for the insane ridiculous effort that must have took though.

I have a feeling that some people will be upset with this when the game comes out but I love how desolate the world seems. It's going to be really fun exploring.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 5, 2016

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DalaranJ posted:

I think I actually want 2 to be true.

I want 4 to be true too. It'll be weird to have a big happy town in this version of Hyrule. I want all the NPCs to be hiding out alone under rocks or something.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The motion controls on the HD version are good. I use the sticks for broad motions then the motion to be more precise.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SylvainMustach posted:

Did they botch it on the 3DS version?

I personally think it controls much better on the 3DS.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Alec Eiffel posted:

The Lakebed Temple boss in Twilight Princess is hands down the easiest Zelda boss ever. And now they want me to collect ghosts!? loving bugs, fish, and scrolls wasn't enough – loving ghosts now?? gently caress that, gently caress 100%.

The reward for it isn't worth it but its pretty funny to see what happens to Jovani after getting them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Like someone a few posts ago said, the ghosts are worth it for the 20 ghost reward. I have no idea what reward there is for fishing other than fishing in specific places for hearts and a bottle, so I never cared about that. But yeah, gently caress Poe hunting, second worst part of the game

They're much more manageable to find in the HD version since the map shows how many are in each region.