Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Genuinely curious about this. Surely the right is the right, right? What the hell's the alt bit all about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the prefix alt

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
generally the "alt" right doesnt see sucking israels cock as the number one issue facing our nation, as far as i can tell

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

alt-right brings up a menu i think

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine
alt is short for "alternative" like "alt-rock"

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

opus111 posted:

Genuinely curious about this. Surely the right is the right, right? What the hell's the alt bit all about?

I was going to tell a rude story about Opus, but instead I will just answer his question: afaik there is no difference

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Something about different colors of poo poo

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Captain Yossarian posted:

I was going to tell a rude story about Opus, but instead I will just answer his question: afaik there is no difference

preciate it.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
The right is old guys with glasses, the alt-right is fat guys with glasses.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's the same as the regular right except your favorite band is rage against the machine and you make posts on facebook all the time explaining how racism is in the past and we should all get over it and band together to stop the liberals.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

The alt right is full of and teens, twenty and thirty something virgin neck beards. They also openly support fascism and racism, while the right at least pretends they don't like those things. They also love memes and the internet.

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

pc term for autistic conservatives

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

right: these stupid liberals should never be put in charge of anything.
alt-right: i can't believe these stupid liberals are in charge! we need to take this country back.

pretty simple imo.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Hell Yeah posted:

it's the same as the regular right except your favorite band is rage against the machine and you make posts on facebook all the time explaining how racism is in the past and we should all get over it and band together to stop the liberals.

rage against the machine are cucks

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
The regular right wants to insert all kinds of religious laws into your rear end in a top hat. The alt right literally wants to dismantle the govt. Hth.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Hell Yeah posted:

The Alt Right is Paul Ryan?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Ivor Biggun posted:

The Alt Right is Paul Ryan?

not enough facebook posts afaik

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

think of it in terms of Facists vs. Monarchists OP.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Man Whore posted:

think of it in terms of Facists vs. Monarchists OP.

But Milo calls himself a Queen?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I think right just moves the cursor to the right but alt-right makes the browser page go forward

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
galt-right

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

the alt-right is all about gel while the right is more about pomade

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
the right tends to be a traditionalist conservative group while the alt-right holds groups who identify as other types of conservative, such as natural conservatives

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Alt rights have wafus, rights have wives.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Alt right are the people who think they're too woke to be regular right but in practice support all of the same poo poo but for even dumber reasons than the regular right

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The alt-right thinks they're resisting the power of the lizardpeople when they are actually the most loyal soldiers

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

the alt right allows you to ride an intellectual high horse above both your young liberal peers and your old conservative family

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

right is boring neocons, alt right is annoying libertarians and an-caps

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
I think one of them likes the jews and the other doesn't, but I'm not sure which one.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
alt-right watches maria bamford and patton oswalt specials on Netflix

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

if you can avoid a shameful suicide during alt-hood you metamorphose into adulthood

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Gianthogweed posted:

I think one of them likes the jews and the other doesn't, but I'm not sure which one.

Can't you apply this to every goddamn group of people on Earth though?

I mean, even Jews are divided on the subject.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Dreddout posted:

Can't you apply this to every goddamn group of people on Earth though?

I mean, even Jews are divided on the subject.

Yeah pretty much. I guess a better definition is the alt right are the SJWs of the right. They're going to be the idiots that are going to vote in Trump because it's anti-establishment, even though a lot of them voted in Obama because it was anti-establishment back then. Keep that pendulum swinging.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 14, 2016

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Gianthogweed posted:

The right likes the jews

alt-right things everything is a jewish conspiracy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Alt right is the lovechild of internet atheists and internet libertarians.

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
Alt-right is the hot new strawman all the manchilds are using these days because calling everyone a racist republican libertarian just doesn't give the same smugbuzz it used to.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I've never heard of alt right until this thread

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

ramzpaul is alt right. milo yiannopolous is alt right. /pol/ used to be alt right but now they're too cool for it.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Alt-right albums cost about $2 more on average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

If I click alt right on my PC it brings up the menu but closes it really fast.

• Locked thread