Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I love gaming in the summer. What is everyone's summertime gaming plans this year? Or what games have the most intense summer feels? Super Mario Sunshine and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker are obvious choices

My biggest plan is a playthrough of Dragon Quest IV-V-VI DS in anticipation of VII and VIII later this year. Out of those I've only played V before but I beat chapter 1 of IV last night and I'm loving it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i cannot wait for the new monster hunter, OP

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm waiting for the steam sale to see how my summer of gaming will go.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
im playing wind waker right now.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

What I'm hoping for, is to be able to marathon The Witcher's until BF1 comes out. WW1 fTW

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's Dragon Quest Summer

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Also, I'm not 10 anymore and don't have to put my gaming rigs in the yard to trick my dad into thinking I'm "playing outside". I just leave everything inside now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

It's Dragon Quest Summer

Hell yeah. DQVII comes out on September 16 which is still technically summer

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its winter

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Playing Wind Waker as well, cheers. I'm on my way to find Jabu Jabu, is there anything I can do with 500 rupees at this point in the game? I feel very wasteful rolling around with a full wallet

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

Playing Wind Waker as well, cheers. I'm on my way to find Jabu Jabu, is there anything I can do with 500 rupees at this point in the game? I feel very wasteful rolling around with a full wallet

the 2nd wallet is on the same island as jabu jabu

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Evil Eagle posted:

the 2nd wallet is on the same island as jabu jabu

niiiiiice thank you. I rearranged my porch furniture a little bit so my Wii U Gamepad can get a signal outside :cool: happy summer gaming

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i cannot wait for the new monster hunter, OP

havey ou played the demo yet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

havey ou played the demo yet

didnt get access to it, and im not gonna buy into it lol. its coming out next week or something anyway

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

img oing to try to get to the nd of year 2 of stardew valley in the next couple weeks in honor of summer. thnk i'm gonna marry leah or abigail

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

didnt get access to it, and im not gonna buy into it lol. its coming out next week or something anyway

6/30 bruh

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

2014: The Summer of Souls. I played all three souls games of the time in quick succession. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2.

2015: Summer of 3DS. I finally got a 3DS earlier in the year and feasted on lots of games in the palm of my hand. I put the most hours into Xenoblade, SMTIV, and Mario Golf.

2016: No discernable theme at this time. Possible PS4 summer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zero Time Dilemma on the beach

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

6/30 bruh

gently caress me..well i can wait

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Elf Help Book sent me a Game Boy Advance SP charger so I'm going to resurrect all my 15 year old GBA carts and maybe replay the two fire emblem GBA games.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm going on vacation in July/August so there will be some plane ride DQ for sure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plane gaming is heavenly. My sister lives over seas and the last time I visited her I had a 10+ hour plane ride one way and that trip I played through nearly the entirety of persona 4 golden with all the traveling I had to endure

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
bought dragon quest IV late last year and i'm gonna start it this summer. also try to finish persona 4 on the ps3

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
DRAK SOULS 3 NEW GAME+ !

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Plane gaming is heavenly. My sister lives over seas and the last time I visited her I had a 10+ hour plane ride one way and that trip I played through nearly the entirety of persona 4 golden with all the traveling I had to endure

I have 5+ flights plus layovers so I expect to get a lot of gaming done in that time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Zero Time Dilemma on the beach

I'm getting it on PC because my pstv monitor is kind of bad.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
oi mate

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I haven't theme gamed since the year of zelda like 5 years ago in games but my first game of the summer is Resident Evil 0 HD.

I definitely want to play a lot of Zelda again in anticipation of Breath of the Wild so I might do that this summer. Timeline order anyone?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm getting it on PC because my pstv monitor is kind of bad.

I'm very torn on platform choice. Vita has: better graphics and trophies but my Vita battery is complete crap so I'd have to always play near a outlet. 3DS has: better battery and the miiverse but lower fidelity. Possibly better controls during the puzzles but I don't actually know what the ZTD gameplay is. PC has uhh steam cards I guess.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Well it also has better graphics. Not like they really matter in this game but my 3ds SD card is almost full because I have like 30 games lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
will the 3ds version use 3d? big fan of 3d

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

booya

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

will the 3ds version use 3d? big fan of 3d

Nope, not for this one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I also plan on doing some gaming on the Dreamcast I got from Kazvall. For some reason I feel like summer is time for the classics

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Pablo Gigante posted:

I also plan on doing some gaming on the Dreamcast I got from Kazvall. For some reason I feel like summer is time for the classics
THPS2 is extremely summer gaming.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's because you remember being a kid in grade school whiling away the summer days with your friends huddled around a SNES/N64/PS2 etc.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's the Year of Classic Gaming

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
It's the Summer of Sen's Fortress for me because it's hard and it's taking forever for me to get through it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's because you remember being a kid in grade school whiling away the summer days with your friends huddled around a SNES/N64/PS2 etc.

This is it except I never owned an N64 so I just played it at friends' houses and I was in high school by the time PS2 came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
monday is my last day of work for 2 months :booya:

• Locked thread