Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

summer of pokemon is on hold until my order of 3DS grips arrives. man, fuuck the corners on that thing

I would suggest playing the VC Red/Blue/Yellow release so you can trade some of the classics forward to sun/moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Games I'd like to play/complete this summer:
  • Bloodborne
  • Rogue Galaxy
  • Earthbound
  • Shadow of Mordor
  • Nier
  • FFX/X-2
  • SMT4 replay

Plus others. Probably won't even come close, but I'm going to try.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The tropical theme of X/X-2 is perfect for the summer breeze

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
later this summer i'd like to go through the DMC collection for ps3 ,but I dont know that its a gaming goal yet

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lettin' the games go by
Lettin' my backlog hold me up

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Found a ps3 with broken HDMI port for super cheap. VGA or whatever still works. What would be a good jrpg to get into?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Valyria Chronicles is pretty cool. A WWII-themed strategy JRPG.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FFXIII, Ni no Kuni

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

beepstreet posted:

Summer 2016 gaming goals:

Witcher 3 + DLC - will probably take until the end of August
Metal Gear July - I want to play through every canon game
Link's Awakening - should be doable in a week or two
Deus Ex 1 + and the new one

I know I also wanna replay Chrono Trigger, Majoras Mask and Metroid Prime, and the Souls games but those will have to wait and also seem more fitting for Fall / Winter I think.

you have a very busy and ftw summer ahead of you

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Action Tortoise posted:

I've never played through Silent Hill 2 or FF7.

gonna fix that this summer. maybe even armored core 2.

Silent Hill 2 is still pretty good. I want to replay 3 and a fatal frame game too. But I remember 1 being fought to emulate right

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

frank.club posted:

Silent Hill 2 is still pretty good. I want to replay 3 and a fatal frame game too. But I remember 1 being fought to emulate right

They should bring them to ps4 with trophies

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

They should bring them to ps4 with trophies

Totally. The original 3 were or are still on ps now for PS3 though. Along with Siren blood curse. The Wii remake of Crimson Butterfly is really good. Gonna line up a month of scary games in October for sure

all three are for sale for ten bucks each on PS3

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

In Training posted:

Metal Gear July 2: Venom's Revenge is only 10 days ftw.

I'm playing MGS for the first time and plan to run through the others in order too. The timing couldn't be more perfect.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Metal Gear July 2: Venom's Revenge is only 10 days ftw.

kool. i think ill play 3 + 4

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I haven't actually beat mgsv so I'm going to do that. I also like city builders during the summer, not sure why

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna eat breakfast at the greasy spoon where my dad lives before going home and gaming. Post Father's Day gaming ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

alright, i dont want any flames for this..what's a good overhaul mod for new vegas? ive beaten that game 5 million times and want to replay it but it's a little stale for me when i know every nook and cranny

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

alright, i dont want any flames for this..what's a good overhaul mod for new vegas? ive beaten that game 5 million times and want to replay it but it's a little stale for me when i know every nook and cranny

you have to pay for it but i recommend playing a different game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
First day of summer is here.... Pikmin 3 and radlers on the porch baby

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

you have to pay for it but i recommend playing a different game

five people post here and they're all loving trolls, unbelievable

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Coommmeeee onnnn steam sale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I might play the AW and BLOPSIII single player campaigns this summer.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

BO3 campaign co op is finally happening

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'll install it tonight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Muh Summer of Shootmans

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

I'll install it tonight

Sick. I'm flying home tomorrow

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

steam sale starts in 2 days. sweet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I'll install it tonight

hmu buddy

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

I reinstalled it but then my friends dragged me into minecraft. c'est la vie

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm going to play gimmick, holy diver, metal storm, and other HIPSTER irem and sunsoft platformers for nintendo to show that i know about and appreciate obscuring gaming calssics

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm going to play gimmick, holy diver, metal storm, and other HIPSTER irem and sunsoft platformers for nintendo to show that i know about and appreciate obscuring gaming calssics

gimmick is freaking hard

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

gimmick is freaking hard

1ccing the game and getting all the treasures to get the true last boss is a powerful feat of gaming

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

*after thinking for 3 hours* how about teh fwiggin uninstiall Mod :grin: bahahaha

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

steam sale starts in 2 days. sweet

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's the first day of summer and I got a flat tire so I'm going to spend all day dealing with it instead of gaming. Ominous way to start the season.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

It's the first day of summer and I got a flat tire so I'm going to spend all day dealing with it instead of gaming. Ominous way to start the season.

Shame on you for not having your 3DS or your backup 3DS charged and ready . An ounce of prevention = a pound of cure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Pillars of Eternity is 60% off today so I'll probably add that to my giant backlog of games to play this summer. Hope they don't do anything fucky like bring it down to 75% off during the summer sale.

• Locked thread