Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.
I can do the Ottawa Senators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
we are close, soon we shall hatch

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Only 6 more to go.

And one to replace Boomer when he drops out after the first round.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

we are close, soon we shall hatch

For some reason this calls to mind a clutch of corpse flies emerging from a bloated body. Thanks.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

ThinkTank posted:

For some reason this calls to mind a clutch of corpse flies emerging from a bloated body. Thanks.

also the NHL expansion strategy

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Jordan7hm posted:

Only 6 more to go.

And one to replace Boomer when he drops out after the first round.

Hey now, we're good.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

This is intriguing but I know myself better than to commit to something like this on a whim.

And beyond the commitment issue, in my limited experience I'm just flat out bad at fantasy sports. What are the consequences of failure? Shame? Taunting?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

FBS posted:

This is intriguing but I know myself better than to commit to something like this on a whim.

And beyond the commitment issue, in my limited experience I'm just flat out bad at fantasy sports. What are the consequences of failure? Shame? Taunting?

Yes, those are the only two things that happen if you pick a piss team. The only real issue is commitment. This isn't really fantasy sports because at the end of the day there's no objective measure of success. It's all very subjective, and the emphasis is really on the process of selection and player assessment, rather than the team you end up with.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i'll take washington again

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

FBS posted:

Shame AND Taunting, especially when you pick John Tavares over Crosby

But it's really not that hard, just pick a solid NHLer when it's your time to pick and provide a (funny) reason why!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

No consequences? Clearly you're just sour because a team you picked has never won the SAS EHM fantasy simulation.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.
I suck at hockey knowledge, but then again I don't think I can do worse than the actual Ottawa Senators.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

lazerwolf posted:

Shame AND Taunting, especially when you pick John Tavares over Crosby

But it's really not that hard, just pick a solid NHLer when it's your time to pick and provide a (funny) reason why!

HEY

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If you're on the fence about whether to join or not, then shut up and join. It gets boring picking dudes at the end but the first 75% or so is always amazing fun and can actually get really tense and the simming in EHM after the teams are done is fun too.

It's good. IT'S GOOD AS HELL, DAMMIT!

Don't even worry about hockey knowledge, last year I literally just tried to draft Swedish dudes for as long as I could. My team's forwards sucked at the end, but I still had fun.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

VJeff posted:

Don't even worry about hockey knowledge, last year I literally just tried to draft Swedish dudes for as long as I could. My team's forwards sucked at the end, but I still had fun.

Well I'm convinced give me Colorado

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
gently caress it, I'll take the Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Sharks Everybody

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
When do we do this.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'll play. Gimme the Kings, I guess?

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Otis Reddit posted:

When do we do this.

As soon as the last two teams fill up, I'll randomize the draft order

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ill take the Flames and do this again because I will have the time. :toot:

e: Just saw the Hawks are still open but I drafted them last year. I just built a barn so Calgary seems like a better fit.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Can we please not start this during 4th of july weekend please and please and thank you

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Well I waited 24 hours and it still sounds kinda fun and if I'm going to ruin any team it might as well be the Blackhawks so sign me up!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
sorry guys, my laptop crapped out and I've lost the ability to participate in this draw. Hope you can find a replacement for Buffalo short term

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
I'll draft for Buffalo as interim GM

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

So that means we got a full roster right?

Maybe set a random draft order sometime soon and then start the draft sometime mid next week?

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Menamino posted:

Maybe set a random draft order sometime soon and then start the draft sometime mid next week?

Yeah I'll post the draft order soon and let's shoot for first pick on Wednesday 7/6/16 at 10 AM.

Someone give me an integer.

lazerwolf fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jul 1, 2016

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Seriously can we please not start this before the 4th of july.

Menamino posted:

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Veskit posted:

Seriously can we please not start this before the 4th of july.

Yeah I'm dumb I was looking at August. Wednesday is the 6th would that be ok?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

How about next weekend?

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

As a Canadian let's start it on the 4th

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
DRAFT ORDER IS SET!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
30th? gently caress yeah

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH YES!

TOOK FOUR loving YEARS BUT JEFFY'S IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT NOW, FUCKERS!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
22 can't get better than that

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

VJeff posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH YES!

TOOK FOUR loving YEARS BUT JEFFY'S IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT NOW, FUCKERS!

You know you are obligated to pick Abdelkader first overall right? Its what Ken Holland would do.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I knew my Oilers pick would bring me good fortune in a lottery

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

#7 again wtf?

I will take my chances on a Datsyuk-Radulov duo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Furnaceface posted:

You know you are obligated to pick Abdelkader first overall right? Its what Ken Holland would do.

My essay on Howard is already written.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Well, despite my efforts, I got vacationed again. If we start before next weekend can someone take a list from me for my first couple picks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Another year, another Top-4 pick.

• Locked thread