Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

elf help book posted:

i dont really get why they added the coins and story stuff, i dont hate it but none of the other games had it and i dont think they needed it

I haven't played this yet, but they've always kinda had tertiary story stuff. You unlocked mini game backstories in the wii one & there was that whole cafe thing in the Gameboy original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

elf help book posted:

it all feels like overall they spent way more time on the package yet the actual minigames arent as exciting

Huh thats weird.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

goferchan posted:

some parts are definitely weighted in the scoring (not just the star segments) -- it was like that in the earlier games, too. missing the final beat on a song usually tanks your score pretty hard. it's weird but it adds tension. the other games didn't give you a # score either so you had no idea how close you were to getting a superb or whatever

It was always really fun when u thought you totally screwed up a game & u ended up with a superb

• Locked thread