Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Is the only way to get perfects to wait until the show up randomly in the challenge section? That seems annoying

If you get a superb on every game you don't have to wait anymore apparently. Hell if I'm there yet tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Just got to Outer Hevven this morning .... here to we go, amigo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

ill be buyig this. should i try playing the other ones if i do though?

In addition to original minigames this also has a ton of the games from the other 3 in the series. There are a few favorites here and there that didnt make it in but for the most part it pretty much covers all the great ones. So its a good place to start.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Why can you feed the goat

He gets extremely buff as you give him turnips. Mine is level 35 and Im kind of scared of him

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

The monkey sleepover game was bullshit because I nailed everything except the two pillow tosses and it gave me a 71.

some parts are definitely weighted in the scoring (not just the star segments) -- it was like that in the earlier games, too. missing the final beat on a song usually tanks your score pretty hard. it's weird but it adds tension. the other games didn't give you a # score either so you had no idea how close you were to getting a superb or whatever

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I think the message was "but some parts were good" and it's based on nailing those highly-weighted sections? Idk really but I don't think it's a pity mechanic (like when you can pay coins to skip a song) because I've had it happen on my first play of a minigame

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

lol the challenge train can include bonus games that you havent yet unlocked, this is rather confusing when you expect to be playing super samurai slice and get the original samurai slice you havent seen in years instead, now with a new control method

Whoa I didn't know this and haven't really hosed with the challenge train much, only been getting my unlocks from the perfect society. I guess there are more challenges that you unlock after beating the ones they start you out with? I should have figured ..... Its got a few flaws, like, some of the dialogue is cute but a lot of it gets a little long-winded and repetitive, and there are a few really good older games that got left out (although I can understand why because they wouldnt translate that well without the DS stylus swipe or the Wiimote trigger+A thing) but drat this game has a ton of content.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh yeah I did play enough to get a few of the super hards from the first set. I like the modifiers, the monster one is really intense and it's fun to have that pressure to hit perfect timing on everything . drat this game is good. Short of Zelda theres nothing that Nintendo covered in their E3 streams that could have made me happier of an "it's out now!!!" announcement . Although I guess that's not saying too much lol 😒

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Sad eating bear is a cuck.

• Locked thread