Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Byolante posted:

Is a parrot on my shoulder something in game or will it be a dlc

the parrot dlc only activates if you are a true w10 believer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I hope I get in the PC beta, that'd be really cool.

Do you need to do anything besides join the insider program or whatever it's called to have a chance at the beta?

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

RCarr posted:

Do you need to do anything besides join the insider program or whatever it's called to have a chance at the beta?

Join the insider program, it also looks like another wave of pc invites will go out soon.

Ohai look something not about win10:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_lnkLWNqxs

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What exactly should I be aiming to do in the alpha? I spawned on a boat, jumped off to check out an island. Killed a few skellies, and then clicked on the return to ship person with the flare and just got teleported to the middle of the ocean no where near a ship.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'm running this game in my win10 virtual pc which I run on my windows 8.1 virtual pc which runs on my windows 7 virtual pc which runs on win 3.11. Best fps yet.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

RCarr posted:

What exactly should I be aiming to do in the alpha? I spawned on a boat, jumped off to check out an island. Killed a few skellies, and then clicked on the return to ship person with the flare and just got teleported to the middle of the ocean no where near a ship.

Nice

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I got invited to this without knowing it and then I got an email saying the test ended.

Thanks outlook.com spam detection.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I got invited to this without knowing it and then I got an email saying the test ended.

Thanks outlook.com spam detection.

So.... Was it fun? Details girlfriend, we want hot details!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Not really. There's nothing to do. You find a chest and it gives you some money that you can't spend on anything. You can sink enemy ships which is cool, but there's no point to doing so. I assume they are gonna add a ton of stuff, because it's boring as hell as is.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

Not really. There's nothing to do. You find a chest and it gives you some money that you can't spend on anything. You can sink enemy ships which is cool, but there's no point to doing so. I assume they are gonna add a ton of stuff, because it's boring as hell as is.

Oh damnit, they No Man Sky'd it.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

It's.... still pretty early in Alpha.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

If they No Man Sky'd it they'd remove the enemy ships.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
30k invites going out tomorrow (Tuesday).

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

forge posted:

30k invites going out tomorrow (Tuesday).

Where are you hearing this from?

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
From their forums. ::

Ahoy there pirates!

As some of you may know, we launched our Pioneer Programme at the end of last week by emailing a small group of players. For those of you who have questions, or those of you who are wondering what a Pioneer is, here’s what you need to know!

Who are the Pioneers?
The Pioneers are a small group of current Technical Alpha players. We’ve selected around 3,000 players to become Pioneers, a test group who we’ll be asking for feedback on work in progress, unpolished features.

How do we select them?
The Pioneers are some of our most active and engaged players.

How often will they play?
Pioneers will be emailed each time we have a session planned for them. They won’t be every week, they’ll be tied to when we need to test new features.

My friend is a Pioneer, can I still play with them?
Yes of course! Pioneers are still Technical Alpha participants and can continue to take part in the regular Saturday sessions as well as our longer sessions.

Why do you need more feedback?
The feedback that we get from every Technical Alpha player is valuable to us! Hopefully you’ve seen some of the examples of how feedback has resulted in real changes in the game. The Pioneers Programme just allows us to test some more rough and ready features before we get them into the hands of our Technical Alpha players!

Could I be a Pioneer someday?
This initial group is subject to change. We may add more Pioneers further down the line and some of the current Pioneers may choose to opt out or may no longer meet our criteria. The Pioneer Programme does not operate like the Technical Alpha with us adding in players every time we hold a session.

Hopefully that clears things up for you!

For those of you chomping at the bit to get into the Technical Alpha, we’ll be sending out 30,000 new invitations tomorrow. We’ll also be favouring Windows 10 players this time to fill their ranks a bit more!

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I got in on PC and looks like the first test will be all weekend. I created a discord so those of us who want to play this weekend can group up. Hopefully this poo poo won't suck! If the OP wants to put it in the first post as well, all the better.

https://discord.gg/wtUFUE5

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

forge posted:

I got in on PC and looks like the first test will be all weekend. I created a discord so those of us who want to play this weekend can group up. Hopefully this poo poo won't suck! If the OP wants to put it in the first post as well, all the better.

https://discord.gg/wtUFUE5

drat you go back to Albion online. :D lol

Let me know how it goes . I may jump in the discord to see the antics.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'm done with AO that game brings out the worst in people. This game should be fun with no expectation of spies, and all that dumb poo poo. Everyone's welcome, and friends etc. I don't see any reason it needs to be goon only or whatever. I think this game is a pretty chill and have fun type. I get more of the Worlds Adrift vibe from it.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I've always felt that this game is going to be way better than WA. There always adding new features to the game and WA has just been stagnant as far as updates go.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

forge posted:

I'm done with AO that game brings out the worst in people. This game should be fun with no expectation of spies, and all that dumb poo poo. Everyone's welcome, and friends etc. I don't see any reason it needs to be goon only or whatever. I think this game is a pretty chill and have fun type. I get more of the Worlds Adrift vibe from it.

Once it goes into open beta i'll be jumping in.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I got an invite to the alpha but I'm on vacation and won't be able to play it.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I got an invite to the alpha but I'm on vacation and won't be able to play it.

I'll take your alpha invite if you can't use it.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
It's bound to the windows live login or whatever. You can't trade them.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

forge posted:

It's bound to the windows live login or whatever. You can't trade them.

drat

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Guess I'm the only one who got in WOW.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

forge posted:

How are the riddles?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

forge posted:

incorrect bruh

i got an invite but i'm running windows 7 and not particularly inclined to upgrade :(

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Game is a lot of fun, especially for a tech alpha

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Discord added to OP

forge
Feb 26, 2006
The game looks really good, but it seems pretty shallow. The worst part is it auto parties you with 3 others just to play. So unless you have friends its the retard rickshaw trying to get the boat to go somewhere. Also it's totally not an MMO. I get the feeling the servers are maybe /40 in size and you have at max 10 other ships in your world. The world isn't that large as I've sailed all the way across. Whats more annoying are these rocks which are everywhere to keep you from basically going in straight lines to islands.

If you enjoy xbox games you'll probably really enjoy this. If you enjoy pc or mmos with hundreds of players, not so much.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

forge posted:

The game looks really good, but it seems pretty shallow. The worst part is it auto parties you with 3 others just to play. So unless you have friends its the retard rickshaw trying to get the boat to go somewhere. Also it's totally not an MMO. I get the feeling the servers are maybe /40 in size and you have at max 10 other ships in your world. The world isn't that large as I've sailed all the way across. Whats more annoying are these rocks which are everywhere to keep you from basically going in straight lines to islands.

If you enjoy xbox games you'll probably really enjoy this. If you enjoy pc or mmos with hundreds of players, not so much.

I had fun going around and blowing up other ships, but it is a bit shallow overall. I'd be shocked if a great deal more content wasn't added though.

I haven't followed the game much, just signed up for the alpha awhile ago. Is this really a tech alpha for the developers, or is alpha access the new hype that beta access used to be?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I've come to conclude that in most games alphas what you see is what you get. Some games add a few more things but mostly it is what it is.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
drat I really want this game to work out cause it's conceptually my ideal co-op game.

Sounds like they're stuck at "We have a cool concept but no substantial gameplay" and they're maybe struggling to find what that is.

In other words, I hope they didn't No Man Sky it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea it's definitely a cool concept but this game is so bare bones it hurts. Unless they add a ton of stuff it's going to flop.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Also this game isn't an MMO.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

forge posted:

I've come to conclude that in most games alphas what you see is what you get. Some games add a few more things but mostly it is what it is.

All these games are alpha until they run out of money then open beta forever with a cash shop until they fold.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

RCarr posted:

Yea it's definitely a cool concept but this game is so bare bones it hurts. Unless they add a ton of stuff it's going to flop.

it's an alpha let's see if it makes it further but an alpha by definition is not feature complete.

Mesimean
Feb 16, 2012
I got an alpha invite this morning. There is a test from Nov 1-5. Time to break all the things!

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Mesimean posted:

I got an alpha invite this morning. There is a test from Nov 1-5. Time to break all the things!

I too am invited. I wonder if such a limited test means they took from a big pool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I got in. Who wants to touch me?

• Locked thread