Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Brack Kine

Music

I'm a freer man than most. Always wanted to see what was over the next hill, over the next mountain range, on the next planet, the next star system. And I got to answer that question more than once. Rogue Traders, Cogboys and even the occasional bored planetary noble all had reason to hire me on for some damned fool expedition or the other. But that changed when I met Miss I. It wasn't about me anymore, or the next hill. I didn't see the big picture at first, but slowly I came to realize that I was part of something bigger, something more important than any of that. My wandering spirit had settled, I had a new home. A family.

Now it's all gone to poo poo. That bitch Whitehall. We're not dealing with some schola seniors, we're dealing with the lives of tens, hundreds of billions of people. But no, we're going to be sent in all alone with no backup. Just to see if Miss I was ready to get the big ][ in front of her name. Space Marines. Alpha Legion, according to the people who know. We got sent in alone into a cult of Chaos Space Marines because we had to prove ourselves just one last time.

I don't claim to understand what happened to Banca. Never had a mind for the empyrean, its ways or its denizens. I gunned down those sisters there, in that cursed chamber. I hoped then, I prayed then, that Miss I was still in there. After all, if anyone could hold herself together while a demon tried to take over their soul, it was her. I have no hope anymore. That Thing is playing us for patzees. The others ask each other, "Why is it helping us? What is it gaining?"

It's gaining us. We're slipping more and more every day. We used to hunt down whole bloodlines for things not half as bad as what we're doing now. It's got us by the heart and just stringing us along as it leads us further and further into the darkness. I thought about leaving, I surely did. But we're family now, and family sticks together through the hard times. And it ain't all bad. I can finally ask all those questions that I was told never to ask, get the answers too. The ruins of humanity lay all around us, and we huddle in the rubble like animals. Those questions that I asked all those years ago, maybe I'll finally find the answers. What are we? Everywhere we go we find ancient evidence of a time far beyond the wildest imagination.

And maybe that's where our real salvation lies. Not the fickle mercy of dark gods or unanswered prayers to the Emperor, but in the triumphs of humanity long past.

pre:
Name       Brack Kine
Role       Renegade
Pride      Logic
Disgrace   Waste
Motivation Innovation
Alignment: Undivided -> perhaps discovering the Imperial Truth, mainly focusing on technology since that's what he understands. 

Cur. Wound 12
Wounds     12
Inf. Point 2
Infamy     23
Insanity
Corruption 2
Initiative 6
Fatigue    0/6

Armour 
Head   6
Larm   6
Rarm   6