Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

sim posted:

LeBlock

For our French readers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that weird lebron face never fails to make me laugh, why did he decide to look like he took out his dentures

Barudak
May 7, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

that weird lebron face never fails to make me laugh, why did he decide to look like he took out his dentures

There is nothing more savage than to be shook by your granddad.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's so weird that Lebron James is old now. I remember him coming into the league and like his early Miami years felt like yesterday

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Doltos posted:

It's so weird that Lebron James is old now. I remember him coming into the league and like his early Miami years felt like yesterday

I still have his first ever NBA game, against the Kings, on DVD somewhere. And now he's this dude who has been around forever.. Good thing I did not age though! Suck it, Lebron.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
The thing that really puts LeBlock over the edge for me is that, despite the fact that he seemingly came out of goddamn nowhere to make it, if you watch the replay closely you'll notice that he didn't even have to go into an all out sprint to get there. In fact, he intentionally shortens his strides to get there at just the right time.

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

Noctone posted:

The thing that really puts LeBlock over the edge for me is that, despite the fact that he seemingly came out of goddamn nowhere to make it, if you watch the replay closely you'll notice that he didn't even have to go into an all out sprint to get there. In fact, he intentionally shortens his strides to get there at just the right time.

He slows down to get the timing of the jump just right, he's probably the greatest chase down blocker of all time.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
LeBron is a finely tuned basketball destruction machine

The Block :wow:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
LeBron is obviously the greatest of all time.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

i dont know how i posted that twice but i sure as poo poo aint removing it

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

poo poo, that's goaltending. He brushed the rim with his left hand. Basket interference, Warriors awarded the title retroactively.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's good but I also think the Usain Bolt sprint from half court is as impressive.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=16372789

So a half second opportunity from 88 feet away. 20.1 mph.

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
Jim Brown says LeBron James deserves a statue in Cleveland

Which he does

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I mean there is no question. He's gonna be Mayor some day.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I think it's been assumed for like a decade that whoever delivered Cleveland a championship would get a statue.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jack's Flow posted:

I still have his first ever NBA game, against the Kings, on DVD somewhere. And now he's this dude who has been around forever.. Good thing I did not age though! Suck it, Lebron.

I am very proud to have witnessed Lebron's second game in the NBA in person. I was going to ASU and got cheap tickets to the suns game with my student discount and saw him jump over Shawn Marion and slam the dang Basket Ring off the Ring and the entire place hushed and it felt like he'd be something special

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

That's not what he's doing. He's letting us know that he is a Goon, and he's down with the :smugdog:

and it is glorious

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

This isn't even a question, it's just how big the statue will be.

I'm guessing a typical lifesize statue on a pedestal right now. I think they'll make it even bigger if he gets any more championships for them - and for the next 2-3 years there's probably a shot at him winning another.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
If he wins another title they better rename the arena after him.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nail Rat posted:

This isn't even a question, it's just how big the statue will be.

I'm guessing a typical lifesize statue on a pedestal right now. I think they'll make it even bigger if he gets any more championships for them - and for the next 2-3 years there's probably a shot at him winning another.

Can't they just bring one of the Saddam statues over and replace the head? I'm sure the rest is anatomically accurate for a LeBron

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Paul Zuvella posted:

I mean there is no question. He's gonna be Mayor some day.

That uh, that sounds like a demotion.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Keep in mind that was high school football, and in Ohio it's pretty much an afterthought compared to other states.

What? My highschool draws 5-10k spectators a game. Ohio isn't Texas or Florida but it's easily top 5.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

What? My highschool draws 5-10k spectators a game. Ohio isn't Texas or Florida but it's easily top 5.

Mentor? I was down there recently and holy hell that place got money

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

graph posted:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=16372789

So a half second opportunity from 88 feet away. 20.1 mph.

This points to what I feel is the most unfair part of Lebron's game. We've had tall strong players that can jump ridiculously high and finish strong at the rim and whatnot but a man who's 6'8 and 250 pounds should not be this fast. It's that type of absurd extra advantage that takes Lebron from great player to video game nonsense.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
i love that my posting history shows that i was smarter than all of you.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I vote we replace the word "great" with "Lebron"

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
CONTROVERSIAL OPINION AHEAD:

I'm still more fond of that block LeBron did on Tiago Splitter, because holy hell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI8-PbK1wmY

LOOK I AM A TURTLE
May 22, 2003

"I'm actually a tortoise."
Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION AHEAD:

I'm still more fond of that block LeBron did on Tiago Splitter, because holy hell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI8-PbK1wmY

Agreedo, that block was amazing. It's unreal the strength it must have taken to counter the momentum of Splitter's arm+the ball in mid-air. The stakes weren't as high though since the game was already out of hand, and let's not forget Tiago got his revenge the year after (not on Lebron and I think maybe a goaltend(?), but still): https://youtube.com/watch?v=uFxH1-fPeXo

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

PantsFreeZone posted:

I assume youre now grateful to Lebron for coming to Miami and winning those titles for the Heat.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
The steroids that lebron takes is the greatest of all time

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

LOOK I AM A TURTLE posted:

Agreedo, that block was amazing. It's unreal the strength it must have taken to counter the momentum of Splitter's arm+the ball in mid-air. The stakes weren't as high though since the game was already out of hand, and let's not forget Tiago got his revenge the year after (not on Lebron and I think maybe a goaltend(?), but still): https://youtube.com/watch?v=uFxH1-fPeXo

Game 5 of that series owned and I'm still angry at myself for not going. So bizarre that the most dominant team performance in Finals history wasn't a sweep.

The curse of DJ Khaled is underrated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ekdXHy6mg8

SCARYJEINFELD
Oct 30, 2012

It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

illcendiary posted:

So bizarre that the most dominant team performance in Finals history wasn't a sweep.

just another testament to the greatness of LeBron Raymone James

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

PantsFreeZone posted:

The post history where you said Cleveland would never ever win a finals because the Miami titles were all Pat Riley's doing and LeBron had abandoned his only ace in the hole ?

The only person here with an unimpeachable posting history is the guy who said Steph Curry was an overrated system player, not even the best player on his team, even when everyone laughed at him ... ... ...

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

euphronius posted:

I vote we replace the word "great" with "Lebron"

Alexander the Lebron, famous conqueror. Checks out.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

that movie ruled,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I was looking for ammo in the lebron vs Jordan debate and came across a game changer. During the 2 years between 3peats, losing Horace Grant hurt the bulls more than losing Jordan.

Time line:
Bulls win championship.
Jordan retires and the bulls only lose 2 less regular season games.
Horace grant leaves in free agency and bulls are in a tailspin. Jordan comes back and bulls make playoffs. Jordan and pippen lose to Shaq and none other than Horace loving Grant in the playoffs.
Bulls acquire Dennis Rodman to fill the power forward role of the sorely missed Horace Grant and then 3peat.

• Locked thread