Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Optimus Subprime posted:

LeBron James is real good at basketball and probably at all sports.

Presumably he was better at football, which I have no trouble believing. That body on a wide receiver would break the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Intruder posted:

If you took Lebron's current build and assumed he would have the acceleration, route running ability, cutting ability and hands of an NFL wide receiver then sure

I mean it's a huge extrapolation, since he stopped playing after high school and who knows what coaching would have done for him. But with that speed and size...

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

DJExile posted:

Keep in mind that was high school football, and in Ohio it's pretty much an afterthought compared to other states.

Yeah, imagine highschoolers trying to cover him on a high fade to the corner.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

poo poo, that's goaltending. He brushed the rim with his left hand. Basket interference, Warriors awarded the title retroactively.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

sean10mm posted:

The NBA is essentially incapable of enforcing its game rules in real time with any consistency when the players are faster than white people from the 1950s.

There is bias but there is also random middle aged dudes in striped shirts trying to figure out what the gently caress someone like LeBron just did that looks like a video game glitch. It was already turning into high speed guessing in the 1980s.

Yeah I don't know how many of you guys have ever tried to actually officiate a game, but it is basically impossible even at low competitive levels. I can't even imagine how fast the pro game must be when you're 5 feet away from it.

• Locked thread