Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
I don't understand basketball (or really professional sports). Why do people see these special rules that one person gets to play by as legitimate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

NickRoweFillea posted:

Because it's loving badass to see freaks of humanity do things that would have gotten armies to follow them in the past

You've got a point. I guess my I just don't have the right mindset to enjoy this.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

EvanTH posted:

It's been argued fairly convincingly that LeBron, as with the Jordan Rules, gets substantially fewer fouls called FOR him because it seems to have very little rebound effect when people slam into him and he keeps freight-training forward. His superhuman athleticism allows him to keep moving through contact and finish a play where a normal human would have been knocked to the ground and had to wait and see if the ref wants to blow the whistle.

Have you ever seen an NBA player collide with a normal sized human like a ref or a fan? They look like a house is falling on them. He shrugs off that kind of contact with no whistle multiple times a game.

Yeah the idea of "enough mass to plow through everything in the way" is just not a thing I can accept as any kind of athleticism. I don't know anything about Jordan Rules at all. Like I said I just have the wrong mindset for this.

• Locked thread