Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I thought this had gone away but when I looked it up I was surprised to find out that it's still legal in a bunch of states.

This map is from 2007 but I looked up the 2016 info and its pretty similar. the fact that there is a much higher rate of paddling on kids with disabilities is disturbing. dont know what thats all about.

I honestly thought I was among the last generation of students where corporal punishment was common practice, but I guess I was wrong.

When I was in school (HS, Jr. High) I got the paddle more than a few times for skipping class and stuff. In our school the Vice Principal was the designated kid paddler. They would usually give you a choice between "taking licks" or detention, with the upside of taking licks(getting paddled) being that it is over pretty quickly and (depending on the violation)your parents would probably not be notified. I always took the licks. It hurt like hell, the Vice Principal was usually a sadistic fucker and the paddles they used on us had holes cut in them and that made it hurt more, like it hit harder or something i'm not sure about the science of it.

Did you get paddled in school?

Do you think it is a good thing? It honestly did nothing to deter me from behaving badly and i think it only served to give the Vice Principal a rock hard boner and spank bank material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Windows 98 posted:

Once again another map proving the south is a loving backwards poo poo hole.

yeah the two states i attended school in were florida and texas...

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm from the most backwards loving boondoggle in the south and I've never heard of anyone getting a paddling

Sounds like a pedo thing

that would be my guess as well

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

What kind of amateur rear end poo poo is this? That paddle doesn't even have air holes drilled in it ffs. :shrug:

I grew up in the transitional phase where corporal punishment was legal for my younger years but then it was considered abuse and very much illegal. So we had people who were spanking people k-3rd grade and then they were all like welp it's not cool anymore.

yeah if you read in my OP the ones they used on us always had the holes

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Profondo Rosso posted:

lmao at mississippi beating tards

its called "alternative teaching technique"

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Strudel Man posted:

What did you do with the body?

its buried underneath the tomatoes in the prison garden ( a little orange is the new black humor for you guys, new season currently available on Netflix)

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Bring back the iron maiden.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

Did any of the kids ever hit the paddler back? They always threatened us with paddling at my lovely, southern, school but, all of a sudden stopped when the giant kid in 5th grade said he would hit them back if they tried anything.

we had no such heroic giants at my school.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i was talking about this at work and someone explained to me that the hole in the paddle is for putting dicks through

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

FunkyFlashman posted:

Is this a comedy post? Hitting kids in schools? Lol ok! Thanks for making me laugh.

it seems you are being sarcastic but im not sure why or about what

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Seems like you would just end up shearing off your eggs and johnston? :shrug:

like i said before i'm no scientist but the theory seemed plausible

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

playing pranks again are we mr ghost? perhaps if we paddle your pert, young, nubile, teenage buttocks you'll think twice before your next attempt at tomfoolery

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Ork of Fiction posted:

Any data on the effectiveness of figging, OP?

no but felching, dogging and mucking are all 100% effective

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

my teacher would also make us write down sections of the dictionary word-for-word

this explains alot about your posting

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

i'm sorry that words are hard for you

im just teasing you i dont even know what your posting is like

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Tom Gorman posted:

our principal would spank us, never with a paddle though. it was always open palm on bare rear end.

sometimes it wasn't even a spanking, just kneading the cheeks or playing them like bongos.

was your principal named howard stern?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Lichy posted:

some people deserve a padding to give them a sense of perspective OP

im not saying i didnt deserve my beatings, just that i'm pretty sure i didnt learn a sense of perspective or anything else from them.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Lichy posted:

you should have participated in the other form of corporal punishment, school fights

i did it was called getting jumped, i learned that it sucks

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

i did. but I'm not a stubborn bitch i guess

well you certainly didnt learn any manners mr. filthmouth

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
at my high school in florida there was a street with no houses on it called Peck rd. just off campus, thats where afterschool fights would happen.

Peck rd.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
It sounds really cool to write on an internet forum but "powering up and going super saiyan to bring the flying fists of berszerker fury to the faces of your tormentors once you were pushed too far" wasn't a realistic option for me when I was bullied and beat up in high school. There were gangs and drug dealers and poo poo. I remember seeing some big muscle freak senior jumping and stomping on a kids head trying, I assume, to get the candy out the pinata. People would get hosed up like that fairly regularly. I was a skinny dork with sally jesse raphael glasses, not a tough guy. Its good that some of you cats could avenge yourselfs but like I said, that wasn't my circumstance.

In b4 getting called a beta bitch.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

I bet if more kids were spanked by their parents the less ADHD bullshit medication they'd end up being on.

you dont even have a belly button why should we listen to you?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
if you spank kids too hard they die. what lesson does that teach them? not a very good one imo

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

cupachabra posted:

Shocking, the lack of discipline definitely hasn't had an adverse effect on kids so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IEFD_JVYd0

the folks cited in your video evidence could use a punch in the nose but not as kids, but at whatever age they are now.

when i was a younger man i used to play a lot of playground basketball. i learned some important life lessons during this time. one day my friends and i were playing a group of young men we had not seen at our park before. i was feeling frisky during the game and talking poo poo. at one point in the game one of these young fellows we did not know asked me "who I thought i was getting loud with". this should have been a warning i recognized to maybe shut the gently caress up but i argued with this guy a little and continued to run my mouth.

after the game was over i went up to him and asked if we were cool and slapped hands with him in a friendly manner.

we were not, in fact, cool. i was shooting around a few minutes later when he walked up behind me and looped a sucker punch around hitting me in the side of the jaw. (jokes on him, he didnt need to sucker punch me i'm a pussy) there followed a short skirmish between my friends and his friends that was broken up by a white lady at the park who yelled and threatened to call the cops.

point being i learned a lesson about acting arrogant that day. a lesson that would probably not register on a young child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

tenspott posted:

Soft in the same way spoiled fruit is soft, aka SPOILED TO ThE CORE!

:drat:

• Locked thread