Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
A kid lied and said I hit them in Fifth grade so I got paddled.

Friends from other parts of the country seem downright horrified that it happened in the 90s, and refuse to believe that it still goes on today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Revenants Return posted:

Sounds like some absolute pedo British poo poo.

It's not always about pedophilia. It's sometimes about the pathetic teachers taking out their general frustration as well.

I may or may not live in the deep south and may or may not have heard a teacher or two, at some point, possibly mention things like "It was nice to finally shut little johhny up" or "It was nice to teach that little bastard a lesson" while smirking.

Basically it's like anytime a child argues with you, except you are legally allowed to beat them if they annoy you.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

argondamn posted:

forgot about the time in math class where us boys were being too loud so coach took made us all go outside and paddled us one by one

What a strange coincidence! The person that paddled us was also the young boys coach.

HMMMMMMMM

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Since some people don't seem to believe I was paddled in school I'm curious how the other punishments sound.

Another I remember was a point system. If you got up to 4 "Strikes" in one single week you would have to go into this special corner. The teacher had stacked a ton of the really tall filing cabinets up to make a hidden area and sat a desk and chair back there, it was pretty dark and you could hardly hear anything, so most of my 2nd grade English / History / Math time was spent in the hole or whatever they called it because I wouldn't stop talking. When you were back there he would slide another filing cabinet in the only entrance so you were pretty much trapped since your 7-8 year old self couldn't move the cabinets the adult blocked you in with.

It was the basketball coach who had been born in the 1930s though that liked to paddle everyone, this guy was more progressive I guess.

• Locked thread