Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Absurd Revolver posted:

Trying to make a case in this game is proving difficult because of how the usual scumtells rely on the kind of slips you make when you know more than town. In this game, where the "scum" are just as uninformed as the town, I don't even know what to be looking for.

Just join me in voting out the 3p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Why is Adahn still alive is my question. We had three kills last night if you account for chaos on Dongs, and we had 3 kills N1. Why in the world did one of the killing roles keep the claimed Rolecop alive.

I mean I understand that he's not on a scumteam with people but it's weird that he's not dead

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Quidnose posted:

Why is Adahn still alive is my question. We had three kills last night if you account for chaos on Dongs, and we had 3 kills N1. Why in the world did one of the killing roles keep the claimed Rolecop alive.

I mean I understand that he's not on a scumteam with people but it's weird that he's not dead

Tobbs, who did you cop last night.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Absurd Revolver posted:

Tobbs, who did you cop last night.

Already told you, KB. Yeah, it looks bad for me that he's dead, but read him. He wasn't playing his town game (Shine 2) so it was an easy choice to make.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn do you have any mechanics that would make my night action on you fail

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

Adahn do you have any mechanics that would make my night action on you fail

Me personally? I'm a Rolecop, that's it. With Podima dead we know there was at least one roleblocker in the game. It's up to AA how he chooses the flavor. My night action succeeded, I learned that KB was an arsonist (but we all know that since he's dead).

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaos what is your alignment

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I can prove I'm a Rolecop but I'd rather not, I'd prefer if Jimson came in and agreed that it would be hard for me to believe he was anything but town. I only revealed that he was the one I picked N1 because yesterday was a turbo and Pod was suspicious of Jimson (and is now dead).

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidnose posted:

chaos what is your alignment

Town

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Quid. Read my posts closely.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Adahn is a hider?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Quidnose posted:

Adahn is a hider?

makes more sense than rolecop

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
hider was fake claim for dp survivor

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Absurd Revolver posted:

makes more sense than rolecop

Nope I'm definitely a Rolecop, ask Jimson.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
His breadcrumb makes no sense unless you know his role.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I thought you weren't going to out your N1 target unless he was the dunk candidate Adahn

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

His breadcrumb makes no sense unless you know his role.

What role am I tobbs. I think even if we confirm it would do little to help our case.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Listem he's right. There is no way I am not town... but it doesn't mean he copped me... just that he got my breadcrumb...

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Quid you didn't get it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

Quid you didn't get it.

Enlighten me Amoeebs

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh I totally get it. I don't know if someone else would have without prompting, though

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

What role am I tobbs. I think even if we confirm it would do little to help our case.

You're a doctor. It wasn't obvious from your breadcrumb at all, though I suppose other people can read you and decide for themselves. I'm 100% certain you are a doctor, though.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I wasn't that inactive, and even I wasn't around for the turbo the other day. With Pod dead Jimson looks bad. But he's a doctor so don't lynch him. Even if he gets night killed tonight he can probably still save someone, and now that it's out there maybe he can explain the numbers of deaths and give us some hints.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That's weird shade throwing on someone you think is town, Adahn.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Moatillata

Deadline today, I think he's likely 3p, etc.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

chaoslord posted:

##vote Moatillata

Deadline today, I think he's likely 3p, etc.

Ferngully frowned. She thought her intentions were clear as the crystal vial she frequented. Her nemesis of the forest has been vanquished and she felt her role fulfilled. FERNGULLY did not like the words of this strange goblin who claimed his role as the best role.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

That's weird shade throwing on someone you think is town, Adahn.

How am I throwing shade? He told me to reveal his role so I did. That means he can tell us who he saved (or tried to save) unless he wants to say he's not a doctor.

...he is though because I role copped him N1 like I said I was going to. You can read the chats between me and you Quid, about how I was 100% sure that the person I copped was town and how you were suspicious of me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

There's a huge difference between me saying "yo I think you are lying" and you saying "Jimson is hella susp guys but don't vote him because I am certain he is town."

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidnose posted:

There's a huge difference between me saying "yo I think you are lying" and you saying "Jimson is hella susp guys but don't vote him because I am certain he is town."

?

I'm not sure how many times I can reiterate this.

1. There was a turbo the other day that REALLY caught me off guard.
2. The only town player that died in the night was Podima.
3. Podima was suspicious of Jimson.
4. I rolecopped Jimson N1, discovering he is a DOCTOR.
5. In order to prevent a turbo in my absence (I'm a bit busy this weekend) I felt it was prudent to at least reveal that Jimson is town.
6. Jimson wanted me to reveal his role, which I did.

You're welcome to re-read me, but I said D1 that I was a rolecop. I said D1 I was suspicious of Jimson and that I was going to Rolecop him, which I did. N1 I found out he was a doctor so I said I rolecopped a lurker (I was lying to try and throw killers off), but after the hammer D2 I said "Doc on me" in the hopes that Jimson would get the hint and doc me. N2 I copped KB (as I said, read him, he was playing suspiciously) but someone killed him.

Now that Podima is flipped and Jimson is outed, there are a couple useful questions to ask.

1. Who did Jimson doc N1 and N2?
2. Was anyone roleblocked/jailed N1 or N2?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
That being said, Surd is my pick for self-aligned killing role. He's sort of floating along in the conversation but not really trying to figure out who are the killers. I suggest you guys give him a read and see if you don't get the same vibes I got from KB. If we don't lynch him today I'll be copping him tonight.

##vote AR

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You're a doctor. It wasn't obvious from your breadcrumb at all, though I suppose other people can read you and decide for themselves. I'm 100% certain you are a doctor, though.

Yeah Tobbs is right. I am a Dr. I am still not certain being a role cop instantly qualifies him as town. Because an allignment cop that can clear people as 3P or TOWN is still really useful, but I don't think we should vote out Tobbs if we have other targets. Because I can't think of a win con a 3p rolecop would have that would be anti-town unless it's some crazy Hannibal SK variant.

Also Night 1 I Doctored Flerp and... sadly :( I cured the man I love of Zombie-ism the only way I knew how...

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Yeah Tobbs is right. I am a Dr. I am still not certain being a role cop instantly qualifies him as town. Because an allignment cop that can clear people as 3P or TOWN is still really useful, but I don't think we should vote out Tobbs if we have other targets. Because I can't think of a win con a 3p rolecop would have that would be anti-town unless it's some crazy Hannibal SK variant.

Also Night 1 I Doctored Flerp and... sadly :( I cured the man I love of Zombie-ism the only way I knew how...

Also I doctored Tobbs Night 2 but I didn't get any confirmation if I saved you. Just that it went through. I only got confirmation for flerp by way of flavor text of me curing him with lead.

Which means HOPEFULLY that I can use my doctor to kill the zombie flerp left if he still got a bite action. If not we should be good then.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Also I doctored Tobbs Night 2 but I didn't get any confirmation if I saved you. Just that it went through. I only got confirmation for flerp by way of flavor text of me curing him with lead.

Which means HOPEFULLY that I can use my doctor to kill the zombie flerp left if he still got a bite action. If not we should be good then.

Well, if you doc'd me and got "action successful" it could explain why there were only two deaths, as it's likely I was targeted for a NK last night (the only flavor I got was that my rolecop of KB went through).

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Oh wait, if you killed the zombie then we have a claimed vig and only one NK that's not accounted for.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah that does change a lot of things, because have three claimed NK's from last night (2 successful, chaos failing on dongs) and three successful NK's on N1 with Jimson suddenly in the mix. Who was the extra kill today?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
KB ignited?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
that's what i was thinking, that either the poisoner or the arsonist got their kills off

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
If the zombie was jailed N1 and we lynch the SK then we could potentially wrap this up depending on what else is out there, that's why I asked if anyone was roleblocked /jailed N1. If KB ignited then it means he primed successfully N1 and it's entirely possible the zombie didn't get a bite.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I was roleblocked or jailed N2, not sure which.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
It's just a question of who killed KB. He was playing a scummy game and the vig didn't target him, so likely some kind of 3P killer.

• Locked thread