Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
-WWE Champion Dean Ambrose opens the show. He is shortly joined by his former Shield bros vying for #1 contendership. Shane makes a match for later tonight to determine #1 contender.

-Owens/Sami is next. Sami wins with a rollup reversal of the popup powerbomb. Owens attacks him postmatch and threatens to powerbomb him off the stage but Sami fights him off. They keep fighting backstage, and presumably are still fighting when you read this because that's what they do.

-BIG JOHNNY LAURENITIS drops by to say hi and make his pitch to be GM of Smackdown. People power! Shane dazzles Enzo with his :slick: moves.

-Styles makes Anderson & Gallows apologize to Cena. He refuses it, so AJ offers to let him punch Anderson til he feels better.

-Cena punches Anderson for awhile. He doesn't feel better. Gallows & AJ jump him at the end of the match and he eats a Styles Clash. Probably feels worse.

-Corbin/Ryder is next. Corbin wins in a quick squash because that's just what he does to smaller dirty blondes.

-Paige/Charlotte for the Women's Title is next. Charlotte retains. SASHA'S BACK! She knocks Dana on her arse and goes after Charlotte

-BRAY and the Wyatts are back, and are interrupted by....New Day? Kofi tells them to stop skeetin' off that negativity and get with the power of positivity. Bray promises them New Day Falls, coming this Summer to you, only on ABC.

-Titus/Rusev ends in a no contest.

-Rollins/Roman ends in a no contest. Shane is about to restart it but Dean says gently caress it, I'll fight 'em both, and Battleground becomes a Shield Triple Threat match. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

You son of a bitch

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm not a good guy.

I'm not a bad guy.

I'm not even a guy.

Look could you just hold this for me?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

raw was fun and i'm not sure what happened to titus but suddenly he cut an awful promo and then delivered a firey beatdown that looked pretty good when did he switch skillsets

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shield triple threat, one of the last matches they haven't run into the ground, is happening the show before one of their biggest of the year

I can't even laugh. I expected this. I can't even be let down by my ridiculous predictions coming true anymore.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

last night rollins beat roman pretty much clean and now ambrose is chumping both of them out, not exactly what I was expecting

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Dean is still champ! :woop:

They're wasting the Shield triple threat on the PPV immediately prior to SummerSlam! :confused:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Shield triple threat, one of the last matches they haven't run into the ground, is happening the show before one of their biggest of the year

I can't even laugh. I expected this. I can't even be let down by my ridiculous predictions coming true anymore.

no shows are big anymore except wrestlemania which is basically non-canon so who gives a gently caress

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DEAN AMBROSE PTO THE PAIGE TAP OUUUUUUUTTTT

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SomeMathGuy posted:

They're wasting the Shield triple threat on the PPV immediately prior to SummerSlam! :confused:

Hell I can't even laugh about it being the most ridiculous prediction of the night. Bray came back heel the same night.

It's beautifully sad

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SomeMathGuy posted:

Dean is still champ! :woop:

Lesnar is back probably.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
fwiw regardless of where it's happening I'm stoked that we're getting a Shield triple threat at all at a time when it's storyline-relevant. I was expecting WWE to forget to have that match until long after anyone would consider it relevant

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So who's going to SD? I'm thinking it's Dean after he takes the pin loss

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

gently caress the wwe for putting a match i want to see on a show i was going to watch anyway on a show that makes the most sense for it to take place on

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Raw was pretty ok

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Austin dropping four letter words and getting yelled at by the producers on the podcast :lol:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Hell I can't even laugh about it being the most ridiculous prediction of the night. Bray came back heel the same night.

It's beautifully sad

What would the Wyatts be doing as faces? Like, who is there for them to feud with. Jericho again?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I'm guessing a lot of people are going to be upset about the Shield Triple Threat happening at Battleground because LAWL BATTLEGROUND, but this IS the last Pay Per View before the Band Split and the draft. I take it as a good sign if they're making FREAKING SUMMERSLAM the kickoff for the divided roster. They seem to really be taking this seriously.

Also, take into consideration that who walks out with the belt is MUCH more up in the air with the Draft happening immediately prior to the match. This is a good thing by my reckoning and increases Dean's chances of retaining.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know I said I'd be happy with a Dean run and it's true but I'll be a little sad when Dean eats the pin at Batttleground :(

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
If that horrific Ambrose/Brock match somehow leads to Ambrose beating him at Summerslam, Wrestlemania will be halfway forgiven.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I really expected them to save the triple threat for Summerslam. :confused:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I know I said I'd be happy with a Dean run and it's true but I'll be a little sad when Dean eats the pin at Batttleground :(

If Roman wins i'd expect Seth to eat the pin tbh.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Psychepath posted:

If that horrific Ambrose/Brock match somehow leads to Ambrose beating him at Summerslam, Wrestlemania will be halfway forgiven.

I'm Captain Optimism and even I don't think there's ANY chance of that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A good Raw?!

Psychepath posted:

Christ, this'd be perfect. Do whatever you want after that, WWE, but if Ambrose wins the triple threat, then retains against Brock...oh my god.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW1gB7yoOlk

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

I'm guessing a lot of people are going to be upset about the Shield Triple Threat happening at Battleground because LAWL BATTLEGROUND, but this IS the last Pay Per View before the Band Split and the draft. I take it as a good sign if they're making FREAKING SUMMERSLAM the kickoff for the divided roster. They seem to really be taking this seriously.

Flashback a week or two ago when the thread was talking about how stupid it'd be to split up the Shield in the draft 2-1

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Your sudden and overwhelming pessimism has me worried your hormones might be out of balance after last night Foochs, please consult a medical professional.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The triple threat should definitely be a Summerslam match but I just bought Battleground tickets so fuckin whatever :cool:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

Your sudden and overwhelming pessimism has me worried your hormones might be out of balance after last night Foochs, please consult a medical professional.

No, I'm fine, I just fully expect Dean to be a transitional champ, especially now. And if Dean retains or Seth win at Battleground I think they'll do Seth/Dean for the title and Roman/Brock. If not I expect Roman/Brock for the title.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The have to do it at Battleground so they can move one of them to the opposite show during the draft.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sanguinia posted:

Also, take into consideration that who walks out with the belt is MUCH more up in the air with the Draft happening immediately prior to the match. This is a good thing by my reckoning and increases Dean's chances of retaining.

actually Battleground takes place the Sunday after the draft and will be the first PPV after the brand split

but yeah it's Shield Triple Threat now, or else it's not going to happen for a while

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Battleground is happening after the draft, not before.

e:f,b

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Actually thinking on it, doesn't the champ retain in many WWE triple threats? Like 99% of them are either champ retains or new champ pins not champ to win title.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Actually thinking on it, doesn't the champ retain in many WWE triple threats? Like 99% of them are either champ retains or new champ pins not champ to win title.

it's going to be a double pin, Foochs

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I don't give a poo poo about Roman/Brock II, but at least BG will have a cool match to see now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

exploding mummy posted:

it's going to be a double pin, Foochs

That'd be something we've never seen before, that's for sure. :psyduck:

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I'm not a good guy.

I'm not a bad guy.

I'm not even a guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovdQwAf1fjE&t=12s

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I wonder if the draft will include part timers. If so, who gets "da undertaka playa"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

In the last 6 years (for time's sake), when there were triple threats, of which there were 9:

Champ retained 5 times,
New champ pinned old champ twice,
New champ submitted not champ,
and New champ pinned not champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Woods was staring down Bray like he was a painting of Viggo the Carpathian

• Locked thread