Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

In the last 6 years (for time's sake), when there were triple threats, of which there were 9:

Champ retained 5 times,
New champ pinned old champ twice,
New champ submitted not champ,
and New champ pinned not champ

Thanks for fact checking me on that, buddy! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Woods was staring down Bray like he was a painting of Viggo the Carpathian

"On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of EVIL!"

Sounds like a Bray promo to me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Of course. It's not as common as 99% but it's pretty close recently

Still not thinking in a million years it'll happen, but hey, maybe Reigns won't overcome the odds for once

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Woods was staring down Bray like he was a painting of Viggo the Carpathian

Izvigo! You are like the buzzing of flies to him! v:shobon:v

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I want one of the Shield guys to always refer to it as Battlefield during the build

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/745099434846003200

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I'm not a Bad Guy.

I'm not a Good Guy.

I'm not The Guy.

I'm A Guy.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Xavier isnt the person I woulda cast first to be sister abigail, but he was in my top 10.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Raw was p. dope tonight; the crowd went nuts for both Bray and Sasha. Pictures and videos to follow.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Chokes McGee posted:

Izvigo! You are like the buzzing of flies to him! v:shobon:v

Where in the hell do you come from, Chokes?

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I'm crossing my fingers hoping the New Day / Wyatt feud won't include a boring 10 minute squash beatdown. Also finally Sasha getting some time on Raw, hopefully it'll continue!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JoeyStyles/status/745112403331817472

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

Johnny Ace rules. 69 rules.

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?
Dear God. I shouldn't have to explain this, but here goes:

Ambrose should never ever go over Lesnar. Beating Brock is something reserved for absolute monsters who still just eek out that win. If you're not a Cena, HHH, or Taker level star, you should lose after a hard-fought battle. Even Reigns, who has been "the man" for almost a year shouldn't beat him.

This applies especially if your gimmick is doing comedy spots like the wackyline.

This is in no way a knock on Ambrose as a performer. It's just simply too far past suspension of disbelief to have legit former UFC champion Brock Lesnar beaten to the point of submission or pinfall by Dean "I've got a plant named Mitch" Ambrose.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Is the thing with Stone Cold and AJ Styles any good?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hot take: what if there's a double pin at Battleground and that's how they split the titles again?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dean ambrose will hold the title for *looks at watch drawn onto my wrist* seven and a half years

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

So, what's the word on that Hawaii show on the 29th? Are they airing it on the network? I need to see Cena vs Nakamura.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

keevo posted:

It started off pretty sad - turns out AJ had a poo poo childhood. :(

But it got pretty okay in the end. I would watch it if I were you.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
here's a counterpoint to not wanting ambrose to beat lesnar: wrestling is scripted and brock's current role is awful

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Die Laughing posted:

So, what's the word on that Hawaii show on the 29th? Are they airing it on the network?

Nope

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

keevo posted:

Not really people are acting like it was GREAT on Twitter tho.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Devil Bird Thing posted:

It's just simply too far past suspension of disbelief to have legit former UFC champion Brock Lesnar beaten to the point of submission or pinfall by Dean "I've got a plant named Mitch" Ambrose.

Counterpoint: First UFC Superfight Champion Ken Shamrock lost to Val Venis.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Devil Bird Thing posted:

Ambrose should never ever go over Lesnar. Beating Brock is something reserved for absolute monsters who still just eek out that win. If you're not a Cena, HHH, or Taker level star, you should lose after a hard-fought battle. Even Reigns, who has been "the man" for almost a year shouldn't beat him.

This applies especially if your gimmick is doing comedy spots like the wackyline.

This is in no way a knock on Ambrose as a performer. It's just simply too far past suspension of disbelief to have legit former UFC champion Brock Lesnar beaten to the point of submission or pinfall by Dean "I've got a plant named Mitch" Ambrose.

Its almost like how the writers portray Dean's character makes a difference in the perception of his credibility, which is why when he was an indestructible killer collecting various weapons and laughing about how he thought the F-5 was supposed to hurt or something, people wanted him to win, and then after he lost and he started doing comedy with a potted plant opposite Chris Jericho everyone was really pissed about it.

CRAZY loving world.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I wish this forum had been around back then for everyone to weekly, optimistically hope each coming week would be the week they would stop loving up Ken Shamrock against all odds

That was beautiful

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Imagine Brock Lesnar in a feud with I guess Zack Ryder because Ryder kept flirting with Brock Lesnar's kayfabe sister and then Ryder just wins because whatever

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Oh come on, Val Venis was at least on the Luke Harper tier of the Jobber Scale.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Sanguinia posted:

Its almost like how the writers portray Dean's character makes a difference in the perception of his credibility, which is why when he was an indestructible killer collecting various weapons and laughing about how he thought the F-5 was supposed to hurt or something, people wanted him to win, and then after he lost and he started doing comedy with a potted plant opposite Chris Jericho everyone was really pissed about it.

CRAZY loving world.

Basically. WWE can make you go from an unstoppable beast, to a huge goof, back to a beast at the drop of a hat (see: Rusev and Mark Henry from about 5 years ago). When everything coalesces they can develop truly awesome characters that the audience buys into wholeheartedly and it's a magical thing.

It's their obscene inconsistency and Vince's random old man whims that gently caress it up far more than they should.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Was Ken Shamrock actually any good at wrestling?

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

Devil Bird Thing posted:

Then who would you put over Lesnar? It needs to happen soon before Brock fucks off forever with his money. The only other person I could think to give it to would be Rollins. Reigns would be a waste since it would have the opposite effect in getting him more over. Cena has been the guy for a decade+ and doesn't need to beat the monster, it needs to be a new guy. I would personally love to see Cesaro do it, but we all know the Swiss guy is never going to be booked at that level. Big E could also be a decent choice, but that means breaking up New Day, which I would prefer not to happen any time soon.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Strawberry Panda posted:

Was Ken Shamrock actually any good at wrestling?

The AA Podcast guys made him seem really good up and talented right up until he had a really lovely match with Undertaker. By their report after that match his push stopped dead and he was made to look like a goober before being dropped all the way out of the company without ceremony.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Devil Bird Thing posted:

If Lesnar can never lose except to long-established stars who don't need any kind of rub, and he's not some massive ratings draw/buyrate-popping machine, then he really has very little value to the company.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Devil Bird Thing posted:

were people expecting him to? ambrose having a redo of the wrestlemania match that is longer and isn't lovely would be nice

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Carver Crisis posted:

Then who would you put over Lesnar? It needs to happen soon before Brock fucks off forever with his money. The only other person I could think to give it to would be Rollins. Reigns would be a waste since it would have the opposite effect in getting him more over. Cena has been the guy for a decade+ and doesn't need to beat the monster, it needs to be a new guy. I would personally love to see Cesaro do it, but we all know the Swiss guy is never going to be booked at that level. Big E could also be a decent choice, but that means breaking up New Day, which I would prefer not to happen any time soon.

rusev putchya

rusev matchka

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

On the ol' Shield triple threat thing, they already had that match (plus Randy Orton) at Payback last year. Actually when they reform the Shield just have Randy replace Roman, Shieldolution baby.

I'm pumped, Dean as the champ is the most exciting thing to happen since Seth won the belt last year. And this Raw overall was the best in a while, my interest is returning! Now just let Seth's character be fun again, heel or face.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Cena's already beaten Lesnar and he'll probably retire Taker next Mania.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Devil Bird Thing posted:

Ambrose beating Lesnar is believable. It was a match where beating your opponent unconscious with a stick is legal. That's also what should have happened in that match.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

So, seriously, are the Shining Stars just done, or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

CarlCX posted:

So, seriously, are the Shining Stars just done, or

this implies they were something to begin with

• Locked thread