Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/745151943081758720

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the shield four way with orton in the mix was cooler because they could do shield spots

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I cannot even be bothered with Dean AMbrose at WWE champion. I simply cannot. I will grant you that he is more entertaining than roman Reigns but I cannot take him seriously as the champion. I don't care is this makes all Shield members as WWE champions at some point in their careers it still seems fake and desperation. I cheered when Rollins won the belt. I cried when Reigns got the belt. I cringed when Ambrose got the belt. So now we have a triple threat match to determine who must be the real "former shield" WWE champion. I am not entirely sure what the brand split will do with this match but I feel like something is bound to happen. I've always liked Ambrose, but felt his "character" was getting old pivoted upon that he never really wins. Roman is just boring. ANd I guess WWE is just going to continue Rollins as a sort of chicken poo poo heel. Sorta underwhelming if you ask me.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Carver Crisis posted:

Then who would you put over Lesnar? It needs to happen soon before Brock fucks off forever with his money. The only other person I could think to give it to would be Rollins. Reigns would be a waste since it would have the opposite effect in getting him more over. Cena has been the guy for a decade+ and doesn't need to beat the monster, it needs to be a new guy. I would personally love to see Cesaro do it, but we all know the Swiss guy is never going to be booked at that level. Big E could also be a decent choice, but that means breaking up New Day, which I would prefer not to happen any time soon.

Corporate Kane chokeslams Brock so hard Brock becomes The Demon Kane.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Raw Notes:

* Got there 10 minutes late due to a traffic jam downtown, so I missed the Shield confrontation. :(

* People loving love Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens and their whole "We must fight each other forever because if we stop doing it, we will die." spiel.

* People also were shocked that Johnny Ace showed up out of nowhere. He got a decent pop and then after he went straight into heeling, he got nothing but boos.

* Enzo and Big Cass had the crowd eating out of the palm of their hand, per usual. I've never seen them perform live. They're super over and everybody got in on the catchphrases.

* I am convinced thast Becky Lynch is the orange haired female reincarnation of Sting, seeing as how everybody always betrays her at the drop of a hat.

*Paige gets mega face heat here. Everytime I go to a WWE event in this city, she's always one of the people who gets the most cheers, both men and women.

* Crowd went apeshit for Sasha Banks showing up, even though almost everyone saw it telegraphed from a mile away. Sasha vs. Charlotte is going to own so drat hard. Some kid in my section shouted "I THOUGHT PAIGE WAS IN JAIL!".

* A mix of cheers and boos for AJ. There were a lot of grown rear end men in my section booing AJ because "YOU CHEATED!" and "CEEEEEEEEEENA! CENA IS BETTER!". No, you idiots. Don't encourage Cena. Goddamn you. Half the crowd participated loudly in a rendition of "JOHN CEEENA SUUUUUUUUUCKS! JOHN CEEEENA SUUUUUUUCKS!". It was good that Cena ate a Styles Clash, because those people stopped being loud and awful afterwards.

* The first Bray video promo caused everybody to become ultra hype. Bray then showing up later in the show caused everybody to turn their cellphones into fireflies and chant WELCOME BACK at him when the music died down. Huge face heat. Huge. The New Day interaction was also well received. Interesting to see how this feud is going to turn out.

* Lana is so much more gorgeous in person. I mean, goddamn. Rusev, you wonderful bastard, you. Everyone was confused by the end of his match with Titus, though.

* Ambrose and Rollins make their way down to ringside to excellent cheers, whereas the cacaphony of boos laid down on Roman was truly stunning in person. I went to Smackdown last October, and he was nowhere near as unpopular back then.

* Pretty decent match out of Roman and Seth, with the crowd very into it and counting the nearfall pins along with the ref's arm. Everybody was very excited to see Ambrose lay the both of them out afterwards. Though I heard a lot of "Huh? What? Why" in my section when Shane announced the Shield triple threat for Battleground. Almost everybody was positive it would be held off until Summerslam.

* Ambrose stuck around after Raw went off the air, and grabbed a mic. He told everybody that MITB was the greatest night of his career and that he couldn't have done it without the support of everybody in the crowd and everybody else around the world. He said "Screw Cleveland" and that this championship belonged to everyone. He then spent a good 5-7 minutes making his way around ringside, mugging for fans with the belt during selfies, then signing autographs and highfiving people. I think at one point he even held a woman's baby and took a photo with it.

I'm usually on top of things with regards to when WWE events are going to be in town, but this Raw kinda snuck up on me. I didn't even know it was going to be here until a week and a half ago. I got a moderately decent ticket for 39 bucks, but i'll try to get a better seat the next time around.

Here's the clips I took:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM-Lk-44iCg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9Ub5UI2WKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir_nXzUZC_s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiABywqYgB4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQud73okbYE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZUGA84PXzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qam2O5_gl5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqJMMk10C1k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qh7zT6JiXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9an-lekAyE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE8hSKcLTIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFykncxXk8Q

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Legit excited for the Shield triple threat. I might care that it's not happening at Summerslam if the WWE hadn't hosed up every long-term storyline or plan they've had in the last five years, now I'm just happy that it's finally happening.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dean Ambrose owns, Brock's current schtick is hot trash and I hope he loses soon in WWE, even if it's to Roman.

Also they very easily could've had Ambrose go over believably at Mania and hosed it up.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Hot take: what if there's a double pin at Battleground and that's how they split the titles again?

God no. Just have a tournament on Smackdown and have AJ win it, then Cena can chase a belt for a while.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Devil Bird Thing posted:

Dear God. I shouldn't have to explain this, but here goes:

Ambrose should never ever go over Lesnar. Beating Brock is something reserved for absolute monsters who still just eek out that win. If you're not a Cena, HHH, or Taker level star, you should lose after a hard-fought battle. Even Reigns, who has been "the man" for almost a year shouldn't beat him.

This applies especially if your gimmick is doing comedy spots like the wackyline.

This is in no way a knock on Ambrose as a performer. It's just simply too far past suspension of disbelief to have legit former UFC champion Brock Lesnar beaten to the point of submission or pinfall by Dean "I've got a plant named Mitch" Ambrose.

Total nonsense.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dean Ambrose owns, Brock's current schtick is hot trash and I hope he loses soon in WWE, even if it's to Roman.

This is why you shouldn't be a booker.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

GeneX posted:

this implies they were something to begin with

Their gimmick is easily one of the worst gimmicks I have ever seen, but their tag match was perfectly fine and I had some degree of hope that they'd just get to wrestle and the gimmick would eventually be forgotten.

instead they wrestled once and went back to a month of pretaped vignettes and now they're nowhere to be found

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dango Bango posted:

Austin dropping four letter words and getting yelled at by the producers on the podcast :lol:

Austin turning direct to camera and saying,"I apologize if I offended you :getin:" was loving hilarious.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

CarlCX posted:

Their gimmick is easily one of the worst gimmicks I have ever seen, but their tag match was perfectly fine and I had some degree of hope that they'd just get to wrestle and the gimmick would eventually be forgotten.

instead they wrestled once and went back to a month of pretaped vignettes and now they're nowhere to be found

Yeah, I'll admit that their first match was pretty okay

but that might be the most doomed gimmick in all of wrestling in years

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Dana Brooke is a treasure and I hope she never improves.

Brock Lesnar is a monster final boss of wrestling and should only be beaten at WrestleMania after a long build, by somebody who has been given enough of a push to make them look like a believable monster-killer whilst still having some room to benefit from being the one to beat Brock. People who have already held the title several times wouldn't offer much in terms of a journey, and wouldn't have much to gain from the win. There should be a real pay off to Brock losing.

What I'm saying is Brock vs Brooke WM33.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

pressedbunny posted:

Dana Brooke is a treasure and I hope she never improves.

Brock Lesnar is a monster final boss of wrestling and should only be beaten at WrestleMania after a long build, by somebody who has been given enough of a push to make them look like a believable monster-killer whilst still having some room to benefit from being the one to beat Brock. People who have already held the title several times wouldn't offer much in terms of a journey, and wouldn't have much to gain from the win. There should be a real pay off to Brock losing.

Someone like a man billing himself as indestructible, embracing his hardcore background, possessing a lack of fear attributed to his rough upbringing, known for his being unable to quite get over the hump due to a series of either close beatdowns or dusty finishes, beloved by the audience, given the mantle of past hardcore wrestlers, and wielding famous weapons of the past, in a hardcore match that was built for multiple months?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

pressedbunny posted:

Brock Lesnar is a monster final boss of wrestling

Brock would never be a final boss. He'd be the hidden secret super challenge boss you have to unlock by holding down on both controllers at exactly the right moment while holding a special glowing orb you can only loot from a battle you encounter randomly in a specific location.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
I like how a few televised house show matches and a match against Dean Ambrose where they were given no time and no permission to do hardcore spots has made Brock Lesnar always bad in some peoples eyes.

Please disregard the actual good matches he had last year.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Austin turning direct to camera and saying,"I apologize if I offended you :getin:" was loving hilarious.

This man has murder in his eyes

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If I had to pick one person to beat Brock, my dream pick would be Bray.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Alan_Shore posted:

Mine would be Cesaro. Or Neville.

(Please come back soon Neville. :()

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Alan_Shore posted:

Seconded

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The person to beat Brock Lesnar should be Bo Dallas.

Showing that you can do anything if you BOlieve.

Although if that doesn't happen, I hope Brock never loses and fucks off home with his big bag of cash chuckling all the way at how he played Vince.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Doesn't Brock have some kinda weird mancrush on Bray? He'd probably have no problem doing the job for Bray

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Alan_Shore posted:

:agreed:

It'll never, ever happen but it's probably the best way they could make people take Bray seriously as a threat again, and make it last.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Someone should just feud with Brock Lesner at Wrestlemania simply becuase he's the man who ended the Undertaker's undefeated streak. Beating the Undertaker means nothing anymore, people should prove they're the top dog by beating the best and who better to beat Brock Lesner than THE guy Roman Reigns

But seriously yeah, Paul Heyman should just put up a monetary reward for beating Brock Lesner at Wrestlemania in arrogance because he knows nobody could do it. Simple story, reason to want to do it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Brock isn't going to be putting anyone over at Summerslam as he will be too busy trying to reattach his lips to his face while wondering why he can't remember his childhood after being definitively beaten down by a Super Samoan.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Sami Zayn should be the one to beat Brock. Everybody keeps doubting him for never winning a big match so he tries for the win that nobody could pull off. And then through resilience and out thinking the beast, he does it.

Of course Kevin Owens would powerbomb him afterwards but he'd have that moment!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CarlCX posted:

they'll be back to spit on people who are not cool, like Puerto Rico

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Devil Bird Thing posted:

Dear God. I shouldn't have to explain this, but here goes:

Ambrose should never ever go over Lesnar. Beating Brock is something reserved for absolute monsters who still just eek out that win. If you're not a Cena, HHH, or Taker level star, you should lose after a hard-fought battle. Even Reigns, who has been "the man" for almost a year shouldn't beat him.

This applies especially if your gimmick is doing comedy spots like the wackyline.

This is in no way a knock on Ambrose as a performer. It's just simply too far past suspension of disbelief to have legit former UFC champion Brock Lesnar beaten to the point of submission or pinfall by Dean "I've got a plant named Mitch" Ambrose.

So the only people that should beat Lesnar are the guys that already beat Lesnar?

Cool.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i hope mark hunt punches brock lesnar in the face so hard his mystique vanishes entirely and he gets squashed by kane

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bradzilla posted:

Doesn't Brock have some kinda weird mancrush on Bray? He'd probably have no problem doing the job for Bray

lol what? first I've heard of this.

not sure how I feel about wyatts vs. new day. they needed to get a big push after being stagnant so long, not sure pitting them against the hottest face faction in the company will work out. I was expecting them to be a tweener anti-corporate entity which would have been more fun.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Bray would be a good one to beat Lesnar 'cause he's still got room to grow and that kind of moment could turn him into a real monster to be feared long-term, and he's one of the few people who can match Heyman for promo delivery. (Even if Bray's promos tend to be fruitless when he loses clean.)

But of course, Bray also would have been a great candidate to beat Undertaker.

Or Cena.

Or just Jericho.

Damnit he didn't even get to beat Jericho at Battleground.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Take the 80s guy from Futurama and take his sharks and sheep dialogue but substitute Brock for sharks and Dean for sheep. I hope doing this gives some small measure of enjoyment.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It's going to be interesting to see how the WWE uses Brock if he gets shown up by Hunt on the big stage. If he loses a competitive hard hitting fight that's one thing, but if he ends up doing that cartwheeling running away from punches thing then a lot of his mystique is going to vanish in the short term.

The next guy he's going to lose to the WWE is clearly Roman. They don't want to take the shine off of that win by having him lose to someone else first. If Hunt really does a number on him I can see them calling up Joe to get squashed by Brock.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
sheamus and brock where sheamus wins

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Sami Zayn should be the one to beat Brock. Everybody keeps doubting him for never winning a big match so he tries for the win that nobody could pull off. And then through resilience and out thinking the beast, he does it.

Of course Kevin Owens would powerbomb him afterwards but he'd have that moment!

Honestly, I hope for as long as Sami and KO are both in WWE, even if they end up on different rosters, that any time Sami achieves even a minor victory, KO comes out of nowhere to powerbomb him.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

ThePariah posted:

Legit excited for the Shield triple threat. I might care that it's not happening at Summerslam if the WWE hadn't hosed up every long-term storyline or plan they've had in the last five years, now I'm just happy that it's finally happening.
The WWE aren't going to run a Big Match and simply have it be the end of things, given the way they love to drag things out. Nah, Battleground is going to have Roman actually win but it not get counted because of a ref bump or some poo poo, Dean manages to retain, and then it's time for the RUBBER MATCH at SUMMERSLAM to determine who's REALLY the best Shield guy (it's Roman).

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I hope Brock squashes Hunt and Roman because I am racist against Samoans, but then he can do a clean job for Kane or The Big Show to really put them over as a threat

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Oh good we are still talking about who should pin Brock.

Keep the New Day together; let Kofi and Xavier keep chasing the tag championships and have Big E take on Brock. Transition this into Big E as WWE Champ and every member of the New Day having a championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I'm glad Sami finally got his win over Owens, in the opening match of a random Raw

• Locked thread