Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

Devil Bird Thing posted:

Dear God. I shouldn't have to explain this, but here goes:

Ambrose should never ever go over Lesnar. Beating Brock is something reserved for absolute monsters who still just eek out that win. If you're not a Cena, HHH, or Taker level star, you should lose after a hard-fought battle. Even Reigns, who has been "the man" for almost a year shouldn't beat him.

This applies especially if your gimmick is doing comedy spots like the wackyline.

This is in no way a knock on Ambrose as a performer. It's just simply too far past suspension of disbelief to have legit former UFC champion Brock Lesnar beaten to the point of submission or pinfall by Dean "I've got a plant named Mitch" Ambrose.
Then who would you put over Lesnar? It needs to happen soon before Brock fucks off forever with his money. The only other person I could think to give it to would be Rollins. Reigns would be a waste since it would have the opposite effect in getting him more over. Cena has been the guy for a decade+ and doesn't need to beat the monster, it needs to be a new guy. I would personally love to see Cesaro do it, but we all know the Swiss guy is never going to be booked at that level. Big E could also be a decent choice, but that means breaking up New Day, which I would prefer not to happen any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Roman did have a hernia, I haven't had one but I would probably take roids too if it meant a faster recovery. Also, if I was making millions of dollars for WWE and was under immense pressure to look good/put on good matches. I can't believe I'm defending Roman Reigns, what the gently caress... I'm glad he'll be off TV for awhile though, and I'm definitely glad Ambrose is champion. Overall, I'm filing this news under Good.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

StarkRavingMad posted:

He had an inguinal hernial like two years ago. Unless he's made of paper, that's long past fully healed.
I only mentioned the hernia as a possible reason for when and why he might start using roids. Perhaps it was before that, or maybe it was after. All I was really trying to convey in that post is that I don't think Roman is a bad guy for trying to find an edge in a fake sport. The matches aren't real competitions, but there are always guys below you chomping at the bit to take your spot when you're the face of the company, so I'm sympathetic to the pressure he must have felt.

• Locked thread