Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Let's talk about the beautiful game of basketball, even though there is no basketball on right now.

We can do this.

Together!

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jun 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzVM0Y9qdLs

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Between Heat/Spurs and Warriors/Cavs these last four years, I'd be completely okay if the next few decades of basketball were two-year narrative-arc stories.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

illcendiary posted:

Between Heat/Spurs and Warriors/Cavs these last four years, I'd be completely okay if the next few decades of basketball were two-year narrative-arc stories.

Time for the thunder/raptors arc :getin:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Lessail posted:

Time for the thunder/raptors arc :getin:

that covers 2016/17 and 2017/18

Then comes the Timberwolves/Sixers arc :shrug:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/ryenarussillo/status/745227534984421376

https://twitter.com/ryenarussillo/status/745227769672511489

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Celtics have most of their players coming off the books anyway. If they're looking to upgrade any position, wouldn't it be the 4? In that vain, what 4s are actually even available to trade? Ainge is outsmarting himself.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
#3 for Okafor makes so much sense I know it won't happen.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Forrest on Fire posted:

The Celtics have most of their players coming off the books anyway. If they're looking to upgrade any position, wouldn't it be the 4? In that vain, what 4s are actually even available to trade? Ainge is outsmarting himself.

Kevin Garnett is available.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Kevin Garnett is available.

No he isn't. :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm like 95% sure that KG has a no-trade clause anyway

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I still don't get why they don't draft at the 3. They get a rookie contract when everyone's gonna make 10m+ and honestly if they're looking to upgrade they've got the space to make an acquisition without giving anything up.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Cool little salary cap calculator one of the Blazersedge readers wrote for Portland.

http://codepen.io/wayneculverhall/full/mErvbV/

Looks like it would be really easy to fork and change the players to your team if you are sick of trying to explain to your buddies why your team can't sign Durant and Whiteside.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

Some people are now saying #6 for Okafor! :v:

(I don't really believe it)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Kibner posted:

Some people are now saying #6 for Okafor! :v:

(I don't really believe it)

Depending on who you want, there might not be a huge difference between #3 and #6 in this draft. Dunn, Bender, Hield, Chriss. I could see those guys going in almost any order.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

125 days until the regular season starts

:smith:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Potential Off-season Topics:

--Which classic anime story arcs best describe which players and teams?
--Does LeBron James actually really in fact listen to and enjoy Imagine Dragons?
--What would be some other good jobs for our favorite NBA players? Could Chris Bosh drive a fire truck? We know Dion Waiters can't be a voice actor, but what about a SCUBA diver? Which NBA players would flourish beneath the sea?
--Drama in the Bulls front office

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

EvanTH posted:

Let's be fair, this is a year-round item.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Depending on who you want, there might not be a huge difference between #3 and #6 in this draft. Dunn, Bender, Hield, Chriss. I could see those guys going in almost any order.

And Murray

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

I know right.

My guess is it will happen and ainge will wait until the last possible moment for a better deal. If Boston drafts Dunn tho we know what's up.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 21, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Is this the universe we would've been living in had Lebron hit the dunk?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I had a dream last night that Lebron hit that dunk and it literally killed Draymond Green.

It was a good dream.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/652584522572152832

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

EvanTH posted:

Potential Off-season Topics:

--Which classic anime story arcs best describe which players and teams?
--Does LeBron James actually really in fact listen to and enjoy Imagine Dragons?
--What would be some other good jobs for our favorite NBA players? Could Chris Bosh drive a fire truck? We know Dion Waiters can't be a voice actor, but what about a SCUBA diver? Which NBA players would flourish beneath the sea?

lebron james is kenshiro

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kevin Love is a brew master. Or at least like his cousin is and he just drinks all the beer so his cousin is like, "Kev. Cmon"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kevin Love only drinks gluten-free beer.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Kevin Love's beer choices are underrated. From the outside he looks like he is bad at picking up the right beer, but if you look at his body of work as a whole the stats bear out he is average-to-above average. He is elite at picking meads, which most people ignore when talking about beer but it should really all be included.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I do hope the Okafor deal happens because I don't want the Sixers to pass up on Simmons, but I do want a PG.

Alternatively, the Sixers trade Okafor to the Celtics for the #3, then trade that pick to the Lakers as well as giving them their future pick back to move to #2 and get Ingram as well.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Forrest on Fire posted:

I still don't get why they don't draft at the 3. They get a rookie contract when everyone's gonna make 10m+ and honestly if they're looking to upgrade they've got the space to make an acquisition without giving anything up.

Because they're already deep at the 1 and 2 and, other than the Bender/Chriss option, the players most likely to be selected at #3 are guards (Dunn, Murray, Hield). They also have shitloads of cap space and don't need to think :budget: at this point in time.

Lockback posted:

Yup. The Suns aren't going to pass on Bender/Chris's if they're at #4 so one of that trio of guards would be available to the Sixers at #6.

edit:

triple sulk posted:

I do hope the Okafor deal happens because I don't want the Sixers to pass up on Simmons, but I do want a PG.

Alternatively, the Sixers trade Okafor to the Celtics for the #3, then trade that pick to the Lakers as well as giving them their future pick back to move to #2 and get Ingram as well.

In general, and especially for the Sixers, that Lakers pick at #5-#8 in 2017 could be more valuable than the #2 pick, i.e. Ingram, this year.

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 21, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohJckDIpSPQ

Hahahaha

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

D'Angelo did nothing wrong

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

What are the odds that Delly took acid in Vegas and didn't tell anyone?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

0% because Delly is the kind of guy who would drop acid and then proceed to tell everyone

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

straight up brolic posted:

He knew he wasn't going to play in Game 7 and took it at halftime so that it set in by the time they started celebrating.

The loving prophet.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Thank you basketball for being cool. 11AM hour long lines for Cavs gear at local I Like Cleveland stores.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

triple sulk posted:

Simmons can play SF, don't worry about fit.

Getting the pick for sure next year (instead of what will probably be a coin flip since the Lakers are probably gonna win 20 next year) plus Hield for Ingram is pretty interesting to me.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

How do cap hits work for RFAs? If someone offers Harrison Barnes a huge deal early, can it gently caress over the warriors attempt at Durant?

e: I'm specifically curious about any cap holds that would occur between Harrison Barnes getting the offer and it being rejected or matched by the warriors.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

sugar free jazz posted:

Thank you basketball for being cool. 11AM hour long lines for Cavs gear at local I Like Cleveland stores.

Yesterday's copy of The Plain Dealer sold out so quickly (to fuckers re-selling them on eBay) that they reprinted it, and today's issue was the 'special edition'. I headed to the grocery store before it opened to make sure I could get copies for myself, my dad, and my brothers, since I missed out yesterday.

There were people other than me waiting.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lmao

This is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

:laffo:

A+

• Locked thread