Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
works against goons and the cpu though, i avoid mut and random pubbie H2H like the goddamn plague

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Dubious posted:

works against goons and the cpu though, i avoid mut and random pubbie H2H like the goddamn plague

Look at this chump who didn't complete one master set.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Db assignments are the #1 thing I want.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
If it's not formation subs I'll be sad.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Look at this chump who didn't complete one master set.

I enjoy sanity

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Dubious posted:

I enjoy sanity

Can't wait to play you release week and drop Brady to Odell bombs backed up by a little Marcus Allen out of the backfield. Whats this? Gronk is motioning out wide to the slot! Then on defense dropping some hit sticks with Laywer Milloy.

Day one.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

davecrazy posted:

Draws don't work against double A gap instant pressure, sorry.

lol, nano blitz of the week.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Can't wait to play you release week and drop Brady to Odell bombs backed up by a little Marcus Allen out of the backfield. Whats this? Gronk is motioning out wide to the slot! Then on defense dropping some hit sticks with Laywer Milloy.

Day one.

bring it :getin:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I can get draw plays to occasionally work against another player but never against the CPU. Any sort of misdirection or trick play never seems to trick the computer and it renders like 5-10% of your playbook useless.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

I can get draw plays to occasionally work against another player but never against the CPU. Any sort of misdirection or trick play never seems to trick the computer and it renders like 5-10% of your playbook useless.

What I usually do when I run draw is to make sure I'm in either a spread or trips formation and see if I have numbers in the box. If I see only 5 in the box then I run draw, but if there's 6 or more I audible to a different play that I believe will be successful against the defense that's on the field. Since I run the Run and Shoot offense I see a lot more Nickle, Dime, and Quarters coverages which makes reading defenses easy.

Also this is good stuff: https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2016/madden-17-additional-gameplay-improvements-zone-coverage

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Whose still actively playing MUT on ps4?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

davecrazy posted:

Whose still actively playing MUT on ps4?

I just got a used copy for like 20 bucks so I can get used to things, so me.

Also y'all nerds can add me on psn if you want, same name as here.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jul 10, 2016

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
anyone still playing MUT want a few cards? I've given enough of them away to reddit folks

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dubious posted:

anyone still playing MUT want a few cards? I've given enough of them away to reddit folks

I definitely do, my psn is hopterque.

Also holy poo poo I am really bad at running the ball in this madden, and also basically everything else.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm still playing on the PS3 and slowly getting closer to an (almost) all Vikings team.

So do people still play Madden 08? I just heard about the modding community.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 14, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Darth Brooks posted:

I'm still playing on the PS3 and slowly getting closer to an (almost) all Vikings team.

So do people still play Madden 08? I just heard about the modding community.

They do on PC, yeah, but it's a pretty small close knit community. And I mean, the game is super ghetto by today's standards, and getting the mods right is a pain, and getting the game to recognize controllers and stuff is also annoying.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

real_scud posted:

Like a good friend of mine is putting the finishing touches on something people have been yelling about for years. Hell, I was the one who was supposed to do it but because I'm leaving tomorrow it got passed to him. It's come along nicely and I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be over the goddamned moon about it. :ninja:

Was this ever announced?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Eifert Posting posted:

Was this ever announced?
Don't think so because as far as I know it's coming in a Day 0 patch. So it'll get probably get announced when they put up the notes for it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why are day 0 patches a thing? Earnest question

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Metapod posted:

Why are day 0 patches a thing? Earnest question

Games have to go gold so that they can be physically printed and shipped out to stores ahead of the release date. Between the game going gold and the release date they usually get a patch together cleaning up some bugs and tweaking some things.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Games have to go gold so that they can be physically printed and shipped out to stores ahead of the release date. Between the game going gold and the release date they usually get a patch together cleaning up some bugs and tweaking some things.
This, basically to get the thing certified by 1st party, Sony/MS, you have to have the game in a finished state on a certain date so they can take a look at it, find any issues and you have time to fix those Cert issues.

However that's still like a whole month and a half before release day, so while things are out for Cert you'll start another patch branch of development and start putting in things that might've been wishlisted in the list of fixes you're making for that patch.

Day 0 stuff is usually things we may know about but fixing them is too risky to get done by the deadline to get things off to 1st party, but with a month of development and QA time they can be done without many knock-ons

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Guys! Guys! I came as soon as I heard!

:siren: :siren: :siren: Microsoft Surface Tablets are on the sidelines! :siren: :siren: :siren:

Huge ramifications to this.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I saw that earlier too and laughed.

Sweet, totally excellent, authentic product placement.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We can only pray the Old Spice (tm) swagger stat makes its glorious return.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Anybody want Boss UL LT?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Anybody want Boss UL LT?

did you pull that?

or just spend all of the coins for it

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubious posted:

did you pull that?

or just spend all of the coins for it

Spent the coins loving around. Rather give it away here then on Reddit.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mw6DEJADwg

I love playing moron pubbies.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I definitely lost the first game I played online last week doing something like that, I had a free pick 6 and was gonna celebrate into the endzone but wasn't used to the controls yet so I hit L2 and Square instead of X by accident and dove down at like the 5 yard line and was downed, and then failed to convert the TD.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Lmao that he tried to kill clock by going down at the twenty. Or that he did it at all like a chump. Ban clock killing and punting.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Skipped 16 but I'm back, playing last year in community downloaded roster land got pretty dark. When will the leagues start organizing? Wanna make sure I don't get stuck with the loving Chargers again.

Please tell me the menu lag is gone. I can't understand how that can be allowed to happen in a yearly release mega AAA title. Also the unskippable 20 second game breaks and turnover reviews for fucks sake why can't every sports franchise be MLB the Show

Speaking of can we get a non totally jank career mode... I'm a CB why am I calling the plays that is your job coach. Career mode really shouldn't be integrated into CFM it's kind of an integral part of any sports game and shouldn't be basically disabling some menu options and locking the camera and calling a day.

And where are we on the formation subs that were present in 2008 but apparently are too much to ask for

Oh man I didn't expect to get mad it must be almost Madden time

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Bonham posted:

Oh man I didn't expect to get mad it must be almost Madden time

:getin:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
There will never be a good nfl player career mode due to the nature of football. That's not EA's fault.

Menu lag is confirmed as a returning fetish

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I just said something wasnt EA fault i my hae had he anyuersms

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
They used to have a pretty decent superstar mode but wrecked it with CFM.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Port madden 07 to current gen, EA, tia

My father was the mike vick of his era

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Bonham posted:

Please tell me the menu lag is gone. I can't understand how that can be allowed to happen in a yearly release mega AAA title. Also the unskippable 20 second game breaks and turnover reviews for fucks sake why can't every sports franchise be MLB the Show
You can skip all gamebreaks and things like that, believe the only thing you can't skip which I'm not sure why is the intro for MUT games, but thankfully it's not very long.

Menu lag is gone as much as we can, but the problem is the powers that be really love to put in poo poo that doesn't really add anything but looks pretty. So it loves to cause the game to hitch while it's loading up all the stuff.

Bonham posted:

Speaking of can we get a non totally jank career mode... I'm a CB why am I calling the plays that is your job coach. Career mode really shouldn't be integrated into CFM it's kind of an integral part of any sports game and shouldn't be basically disabling some menu options and locking the camera and calling a day.
That's because people would pitch a fuckin fit if they couldn't pick plays and were instead forced with whatever the CPU picked.

Bonham posted:

And where are we on the formation subs that were present in 2008 but apparently are too much to ask for
:thurman:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'm taking this as a promise.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Anyone play Madden Mobile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

wandler20 posted:

Anyone play Madden Mobile?

I was playing but now bluestacks won't load it sooo.

• Locked thread