Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I will also state that CBS All Access is a terrible service. For a while I was using it on my FireTV stick and it would just break and completely lose track of where I was in the show. The phone app pushed to a Chromecast is a little better but the whole thing is terribly clunky and you get way too many ads for a subscription service that you're paying a monthly fee for. Nothing will bring me greater pleasure tomorrow than cancelling it directly after watching the Person of Interest finale.

Edit: Also the Amazon info is a little out of date as they spun it into it's own subscription for something like $10 a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HBO Now is actually a pretty good service (when it isn't being overwhelmed) as for $15 a month you get new shows literally as they air. Unlike everyone else HBO will make the episode available as soon as it starts airing on the East Coast.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Canceled my CBS All Access account and they sure don't let you do that easily. First you have to find the cancellation button which is in a non obvious place, as soon as you click it they offer you a free month instead, then you have to tell them two more times that yes, you want to cancel. There was a customer feedback thing at the very end and I stated that the main reason I was cancelling was because they got rid of Person of Interest and Limitless.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You'd probably be better off just buying it on some other service. The back catalog they have available on CBS All Access is pretty much all stuff that's available elsewhere.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of bad interfaces, pretty much anywhere for Amazon Video is bad. Things just seem served up to you randomly and their tendency to break shows into separate listings by season only makes matters worse. Also a pet peeve for Hulu is that if you're looking through anything other than A-Z you get a lot of duplicates.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It kind of makes sense seeing as they sell stuff by seasons but really they need to completely separate their Prime stuff from the ala carte buying system.

So as not to just complain all the time, Gravity Falls got added to Hulu and I've started watching that. What a delightful show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wish Hulu had a better way of looking at some of their subgenres. Like I've been getting into old martial arts movies and they have quite a few of them but there isn't a good way to see them all.

For a couple of months I've been using Sony's OTHER streaming service, PS Vue. I've found it actually works out rather well when paired with other services and ended up running cheaper than I was paying for cable. Basically depending on how much you want to pay you can get pretty much every basic cable channel that you'd actually want. The only real downside is that unless you live in a big city you don't get access to networks live (otherwise you get VOD) and they don't have anything for CBS or the CW. Right now I use it through a Fire stick, which is kind of sluggish but works and supposedly this week they're supposed to add Android support.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PS Vue updated so it is now available for Android, which may make sense for Android tablets but on phones it is kind of weird because as far as I can tell there's no way to kick it to a Chromecast.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Back before it got canceled and looked like it was still going to be renewed the showrunner basically said that he was going to try and make it so that each season would have its own story arc. So in season 2 they would be introducing a whole new thing for Brian to deal with that didn't necessarily involve Eddie Morra.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aren't they replacing it with something else?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably the most annoying thing about PS Vue service is how it serves up reruns on the DVR. Instead of listing things by recent airdate it instead lists everything by original airdate.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Penny Dreadful has been added to Netflix.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

With the nature of streaming services pretty much the only time when they will have a show forever is when the service produces the program itself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is there anything that says where you get your Hulu feed from? When I watch shows from ABC we get our local station but Fox is one I don't recognize or Chicago.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hulu is ending it's free streaming. They are teaming up with Yahoo to put out the last five episodes of ABC, NBC and Fox shows 8 days after they air.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Tick pilot was fun. Jackie Earl Haley as The Terror was suitably creepy. Also from the credits it was kind of interesting to see that Patrick Warburton and Jackson Publick (under his real name of Christopher McCulloch) were both producers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also the live streaming thing isn't for everywhere.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CW has announced that in America they're going to be putting all new episodes of their shows on their app. Which is nice seeing as they don't have a during air streaming partner anymore.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And now they've actually updated their Android app with actual Chromecast support. The only downside I've noticed is that it's pretty bad about actually ending a stream. I had to start a different program to get it to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A really weird thing about the CW app is their commercial breaks don't quite line up all along. I've noticed on this week's Flash and Arrow that when it comes back from a break the very end of the sting plays.

• Locked thread