Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ive played so many games so you can buy them and not have to. here is a comprehensive list of games that are worth buying and not worth buying. only strong recommendations either way, no on the fence games (maybe i'll do another list later for those)

Metroidvanias

BUY:
1000 Amps - Pure puzzle platformer about powering rooms up, really cute
Alien Isolation - Hide from the scary EVERYTHING
Axiom Verge - it's popular to poo poo on this one but I think it's fine. gun-heavy Metroid style game
Batman: Arkham Asylum - the only good Arkham
Castle in the Darkness - Zelda 2-inspired vania, tons of bosses and secrets
Environmental Station Alpha - The best Metroid clone on Steam
Guacamelee - Probably has fallen back in the pack in recent years but still a fun and highly technical/demanding beat em up platformer
Magicians & Looters - Silly and ugly but very competent SOTN-like
Ori & the Blind Forest - one of the few Metroidvanias to have a great art style AND great gameplay
Rex Rocket - Megaman-inspired, very shooting-oriented, lots of bosses
Shantae & the Pirate's Curse - fixes all the problems with past Shantae games. Order of Ecclesia style game where you go back and forth from island to island whipping enemies with your hair and dungeon diving
Spud's Quest - I'll go to bat for this one, it's rough around the edges but no other game mixes up Metroid with Zelda with DIZZY
Strider 2014 - The Ys of Metroidvanias, this one's a lot more linear than the others on this list but does have some backtracking for secrets
Super Panda Adventures - Plays way better and more fun than it looks (and boy does it look lovely)
Super Win the Game - Another Zelda 2-inspired vania but without combat, authentic CRT shaders, secrets to find, make sure it's deep discounted
Tomb Raider 2013 - Lara Croft's Benny Hill Simulator

DON'T BUY:
Apotheon - NOT a Metroidvania despite being called one, also, clunky as gently caress combat
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate HD - Unbelievably boring, it will seem cool for 15 minutes and then the fun will die off quickly. VERY quickly.
Dark Matter - Game was never finished, abruptly ends, lots of areas inaccessible
Crystal Catacombs - NOT a Metroidvania and also not very fun
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Horrible map system will lead to endless frustration, very repetitive back and forth backtracking
Valdis Story - You lose air control when hit, and the game has demanding platforming and timed switches. Combine the two for maximum awful

Shootys

BUY:
Binary Domain - Destroy all the robots! The only shooter where you have to fend off robots while someone's taking a poo poo
Blue Estate (on-rails shooter) - One of the few on-rails games on Steam that isn't hot trash (full of racist quips though)
Bulletstorm - The most fun FPS on Steam!!
Call of Juarez Gunslinger - The second most fun FPS on Steam, wonderful "unreliable narrator" presentation
The Darkness II - Gruesome alien powers and silly Mafia hijinks make this one worth it
Dead Space 2 - The best of the Dead Space series, get that one shotgun and just go BABLAM everywhere
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut - Satisfies every craving from viable stealth opportunities to pure action. Last level sucks I know.
DOOM - If the full game is anything like the demo it's a real fuckin good time
FEAR 1 - Best shotgun in all of gaming, go into slo mo and send people flying 50 feet. The story in these games sucks and is not scary don't canonize it as such, it's all about the bullet time shooty
FEAR 3 - Understands what made FEAR 1 fun, bullet time and overpowered weapons. Wreck everything
Max Payne series - SPEAKING OF BULLET TIME! All three games are a riot. Yeah the third is not as NOIR as the first two but it's still so much fun to play, just diving around like an idiot shooting and missing everywhere
Retrovirus - 6DOF shooter inside of a computer, cute and quirky presentation, I found this game very addicting
Singularity - Can a game be so underrated that it just becomes rated? Doesn't reinvent the wheel but has a lot of fun with time travel
Wolfenstein: The New Order/Old Blood - Takes a franchise about shooting mecha-nazis and injects mythos into it, AND stealth options for people who like that. Can't wait for New Colossus

DON'T BUY:
Dead Space - It's not that DS is a terrible game but it pales in comparison to DS2 and has a RIDICULOUS amount of recycling. The campaign needs a full third chopped off and it would STILL have recycling.
FEAR 2 - While FEAR 1 and 3 understand that the fun of the series is wasting people in slo-mo with the shotgun, FEAR 2 has middling combat. These games should never be played for story/scares. That always sucked.
Heavy Bullets - Roguelike shooter where you have to pick up bullets after you shoot them. Extremely difficult. Watch someone else play it instead maybe.
Killing Floor - Never got the love for this series, lame shooting, lame wave-based enemies, it's ugly and it's not fun.
Lichdom Battlemage - I actually liked the varied environments but it runs horribly (not just on consoles!) and the combat is VERY repetitive
Payday - Timers the game
Wrack - Wants to be an "old school" FPS but has awful weapons and map layouts
Xotic - You might have gotten this in a bundle already, if so I'm sorry. this game is definitely in my bottom 50 worst games

Point And Click Adventures

BUY:
Blackwell series (4 games) - Solve crimes and mysteries with your wisecracking ghost pal
Botanicula - The cutest game on all of Steam, surreal storytelling and puzzles
The Cat Lady - Bleak as gently caress side-scrolling adventure. Suicidal woman is brought back to life to find and stop serial killers. It will bum you out but it's good
Dark Scavenger - Hard to classify this game, a hybrid of adventure, VN and RPG. Try the demo. I really liked it.
Dropsy - Unorthodox adventure game without dialogue where you're a creepy clown trying to make friends in a world that hates you. Has a hug action.
JULIA Among the Stars - Myst-style game where you uncover the mystery of space murders. Some people will find this game too silly and nonsensical
Machinarium - By the makers of Botanicula/Samorost, similar to those games but with a robot
Resonance - Rad sci-fi game with cool mechanical ideas (commit any item in the environment to memory, ask people about said memories, for example)
Sam & Max: the Devil's Playhouse - The best of Telltales' old puzzle games, the season most true to the spirit of the original S&M comics
Tales of Monkey Island - Second best of Telltales' old puzzle games, a way better MI sequel than that loving trainwreck that was Escape
Technobabylon - Sometimes silly sometimes intense sci-fi/cyberpunk detective game
Tex Murphy series - The best FMV games around

DON'T BUY:
A New Beginning - Daedalic game with lovely story, lovely characters, lovely voice acting, lovely puzzles
Al Emmo - A horrible attempt to mimic Leisure Suit Larry with obnoxiously unfunny humor
The Book of Unwritten Tales - Another adventure game that is make or break on humor and breaks badly
The Deponia Series - Worst protagonist in all of gaming
Hector Badge of Carnage - More self-aware than deponia but still oppressively cynical, lame puzzles and goes over and over again to the "shock humor" well
The Journey Down - crappy puzzles, meandering story, waste of my time
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - worst of the Frogwares puzzle-filled Sherlocks, absolutely ludicrous story. makes the Cthulhu game seem dryly written

Misc. Action

BUY:
Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag - Pirate around, plunder, get into cannon battles, sing sea shanties and also sometimes you assassinate people
Bastion - Still a great action game after all these years, dripping with style
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - Fantasy game by the Dishonored devs, you can kick the gently caress out of everything
Dishonored - The best stealth action game on Steam (until Dishonored 2 comes out), amazing powers. Get the Daud DLC too, his powers are incredible
Downwell - "just one more" arcade style game where you fall down a well, bouncing off of enemies and using your weapon to kill AND as a jetpack
Fairy Bloom Freesia - Smash Bros style single player game, feels like a long lost PS2 game
Gunpoint - Hotwire light switches to elevators, leap 50 feet to beat people up
Jamestown - Very historically-accurate shmup
LEGO series - No matter which you get, you're getting a fun and relaxing beat-em-up with lots to collect and silly vehicles to drive. Most have an open world now to cruise around as well.
Mark of the Ninja - Second best stealth action game on Steam, by the Don't Starve developers. Very responsive controls, awesome level design.
Marlow Briggs - God of War clone that usually goes on sale for a buck and has Steve Blum making fun of you the entire time
Master Spy - Brutally difficult stealth-oriented platformer
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - RULES OF NATUUUUURE
Mirror's Edge - Get this instead of the lovely sequel. If you already beat it... play it again
Noitu Love 2 Devolution - Treasure-esque beat-em-up with fun bosses and cmon you havent played this yet??
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds - Guardian Heroes style beat-em-up with fluid as gently caress combos, embrace the anime
Pid - Idk why people dislike this game I thought it was a real fun puzzle platformer with cool mechanics and nice visual/design variety throughout the game
Renegade Ops - Combination of twin-stick shooter and Jackal. Drive around destroying everything, drive into buildings and bring them down, so much is destructable, enjoy the ride
Savant Ascent - A little similar to Noitu Love 2 but more "quartermuncher" in its design. Small game, cheap game!
Shovel Knight - Inafune wishes this game didn't exist because it embarasses Mighty No 9 in every way
Sine Mora - Underrated shmup
Steamworld Heist - Combines Worms with Valkyria Chronicles, fun as heck
Super House of Dead Ninjas - Similar to Downwell as an arcadey "one more try" style game
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe - A platformer inside of a Tetris game! Jump around avoiding falling blocks while destroying blocks to set up combos
Ys Origin, Ys Oath in Felghana, Ys Ark of Napishtim - The best action RPGs out there. FACT
Zeno Clash - First person punch-em-up with the most bizarre and wonderful setting of any video game

DON'T BUY:
ARES - Mighty No 9's protege
Capsized - From the Apotheon creators, not even as fun as that game
Fistful of Gun - I love twin-stick shooters and this one was painfully mediocre AND you have to beat it all in one sitting
Forward to the Sky - Looks cute, plays like "My First Unity Project"
Hitman Absolution - not as awful as people say but still the worst hitman and repugnant storytelling
Thi4f - cinematic takedowns! set pieces like an exploding city! lack of viable stealth routes! that's right it's Assassins Creed 5-- wait this is a Thief game? uhhhh

Story Games

BUY:
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - Control two characters, each to a thumb stick, solve puzzles, climb giant structures, experience love and loss, probably cry or something
Contradiction: Spot the Liar! - Took the FMV baton from Tex Murphy and will hopefully carry it long into the future. Best new character of 2015
Deadly Premonition - Has SEVERE memory leak issues and has awful shooting but must be played. Your coffee told you to.
Ether One - Maybe hasnt aged super well but I like that all puzzles are optional and solving them gets you additional backstory
Jazzpunk - A game based around easter eggs. One of the few games I actually intend to replay
Life is Strange - Like most story games, fantastic for four episodes, awful final episode
Papers Please
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - Frogwares' best Sherlock game, shifts away from puzzles to more of a focus on deductive reasoning, you can accuse anyone if you want to
The Stanley Parable - A game about narrative, go into it with as little info as possible, or better yet play the demo (which is not connected to the main game)
Tales from the Borderlands - Telltales' best story game, beyond all expectation
The Walking Dead S1 - Telltales' second best story game, still worth playing today, don't get the second season don't do it. DONT DO IT
Why Am I Dead At Sea - Solve a murder mystery on the high seas by possessing people. Great mechanics, and Earthbound-style art
The Wolf Among Us - See Life is Strange

DON'T BUY:
A Bird Story - RPG Maker story game that will drown you in schmaltz
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - This game might be worth playing ironically for how bad it is, compared to the original Amnesia. so full of itself it makes The Path look like a BAFTA winner
Home - A story game where YOU determine the story! And by that we mean literally the entire story, please write it for us
Karmaflow - A metal rock opera mediocre 3D platformer. Watch it on Youtube instead of playing it, see how long you can tolerate the european as gently caress metal and screaming
Master Reboot - Let down by a very low budget, janky as all get out
Mind Path to Thalamus - Not remotely what I was expecting from the store page, too much of the game is spent in dreamlike "puzzle" rooms that are all terrible
Read Only Memories - Wanted to have its cake and eat it too. Tries to have a story about oppression in a setting that is an all-inclusive utopia. Yeah it makes no sense
Valiant Hearts - The worst of the UbiArts games, would have been better without gameplay at all, story is not really as interesting as the game wants it to be
The Walking Dead S2 - Major step down from S1, and now with S3, Telltale's motto now seems to be "how can we make this kid's life eternally lovely forever"

JRPG:

BUY:
Boot Hill Heroes - Earthbound-inspired Wild West RPG. You can ride horses!! (note: one episode of a "planned" trilogy that may never be finished)
Child of Light - Grandia-inspired UbiArts game with annoying rhyming but amazing visuals
Cthulhu Saves the World - Not sure how well this has aged, but it will be very cheap and it's decent enough. Looking forward to Cosmic Star Heroine
Echoes of Aetheria - The best RPGMaker game on Steam, and maybe the only one with Suikoden-style combat
Half Minute Hero series - Beat a JRPG in 30 seconds, again and again. Ignore the cynics, BOTH games are great, but the first obviously has a lot more to do beyond the main quest
The Last Remnant - the Madden NFL Head Coach of JRPGs. build up your army of idiots and suggest to them what to do. by the SaGa people, so you may want a guide to help you
Last Word - the only JRPG where combat is replaced with REBUTTALS
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky series - Long, long games by the makers of the Ys series. Well worth playing however
Skyborn - Older game from the creators of Echoes of Aetheria, not as refined (and has Dragon Quest-style combat) but still higher in quality than most RPGMaker games
Undertale - You're going to have a good time
Valkyria Chronicles - Anime WW2 but with animes instead of Jewish people. Combination of SRPG and third-person shooter. Extremely fun

DON'T BUY:
Costume Quest - Cute for an hour and then nothing new is introduced for the remaining 5 hours, a chore to play
Final Fantasy XIII - Run in a straight line from cutscene to cutscene while mashing buttons in battles (or not even doing that)
Nep-Nep - Im sorry

Puzzle

BUY:
Full Bore - Open world non-linear block pushing puzzler. Every room has tons of puzzles to OPTIONALLY solve, but you'll want to solve them. Has time rewind as well. Rooms within rooms within rooms like Fez
Hexcells series - The final (shiny) evolution of Minesweeper
Human Resource Machine - Learn how to program by instructing an employee to do things. By the makers of Little Inferno. Gets DEVIOUS near the end
Mushroom 11 - You're an amorphous virus that can goop around anything and everything. You can slice portions of yourself off to solve puzzles. Couldn't put this one down until I finished it
The Room series - The best "escape the room" style game series on Steam, where you examine intricate puzzle boxes in 3D, full of secret compartments. Amazing games
Snakebird - One of the most difficult puzzle games on Steam, if you thought Boxboy for 3DS was easy, give this one a whirl
Stacking - Very underrated DoubleFine game where you are a nesting doll that can nest over other dolls to use their abilities to solve puzzles
Stick it to the Man - DoubleFine-esque puzzle platformer where you can mindread and implant ideas in people's heads
The Swapper - Existential puzzler where you make clones of yourself to solve puzzles and then kill them
The Talos Principle - Croteam beat The Witness to the punch a year early and did an amazing job with tricky and challenging laser puzzles and lots of terminals to read
Thomas Was Alone - Should be pretty cheap, cute little platformer with a geometric aesthetic and fun narration
Tisnart Tiles - Addictive match 3 puzzler

DON'T BUY:
Squarecells - I love Hexcells but this was a really bad take on Picross

I want a game to play while chilling out and listening to podcasts/Skype?
Braveland series - Lite SRPG with simple mechanics and stats
Desktop Dungeons - Very addictive puzzle game under the guise of a 'roguelike'
Everyday Genius: SquareLogic - The only version of Sudoku you'll ever need. and yes, i've 100%ed it
Lethal RPG: War - Lite JRPG that is mostly about battlin', don't play it for the "story"
Lily Child of Geos - Gorgeous game whose gameplay is nothing to write home about but is full of fun characters to talk to
Little Inferno - Chill experience where you 'buy' items from a catalog and then burn them to gain money and xp to buy more items and unlock new ones
Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube - First-person puzzler where you can summon cubes and place them in certain areas to progress. relaxing atmosphere and music
Scribblenauts Unlimited - The ONLY context in which these games should be played. Knock a few stars out and then take a nap or something
and any hidden object game by Artifex Mundi!

i'll probably come back to this list when the deals go live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

A pretty neat list. Metro games should be in the to buy fps section though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I have not played last light but 2033 had its ups and downs honestly. i didnt play the Redux version though, it was the original

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Listing Killing Floor in Don't Buy is...well, ok. Everybody already owns it anyway. But there's a huge difference between 'game I don't like' and 'game most people won't like.' It was, as was admitted, very popular. But the sequel released recently, I believe.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Quest For Glory II posted:

I have not played last light but 2033 had its ups and downs honestly. i didnt play the Redux version though, it was the original

The redux improves a lot of stuff about 2033, and it's loving excellent either way, dumbo. Also they're usually dirt cheap.

Also, killing floor is terrible, sorry lock.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I want a game to play while chilling out and listening to podcasts/Skype?

i'll probably come back to this list when the deals go live

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is an absolute must as far as chill of that nature goes. There's a reason the old thread had the title "best Winamp visualization".

Good list though, I added a few to the wishlist. As if I needed more in there, but oh well.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Payday The Heist had some severe balance issues but it was nevertheless a somewhat fun game. However Payday 2 is very very good and right now it's better than ever, with microtransactions completely removed and added tutorials and completely revamped, much more intuitive skill system. The game is free to play until July 4th and also on sale so if you're at all interested to play A Heist Movie: The Game, now is the perfect time to try.

And just to be clear, don't worry about dlc, Gage Mod Courier pack is the only one considered essential. All others are definitely fun in various ways though, but only must buys if you absolutely have to have a flamethrower or retrowave music blasting in your ears as you watch cops dance on fire after you've introduced them to your new little friend. Ask the Payday 2 thread for more info.

Also also, the devs are in the process of converting the old game's heists (which were very good, despite all) into Payday 2 with some improvements, so there is pretty much no reason to get the first game at this point.

Edit: added some links.

Laputanmachine fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jun 23, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Last Light might just be the best big FPS in quite some time. It's better than most of that list including Wolfenstein: TNO. More people should try it out considering how cheap it usually gets.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Has the DLC for Star Realms ever been on sale? Recently started playing it, really fun so far.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Palpek posted:

Last Light might just be the best big FPS in quite some time. It's better than most of that list including Wolfenstein: TNO. More people should try it out considering how cheap it usually gets.

Agreed, 2033 was incredible and Last light is too, and the redux fixes basically everything wrong with 2033. They're definitely two of the best single player shooters of the last ten years, along with wolf:tno and apparently Doom.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Valiant Hearts is great (even if I never managed to finish it), Boot Hill is garbage. The developer seriously contacts people who leave bad reviews on steam.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Only thing I'm planning on getting this steam sale is witcher 3 and its expansion packs. honestly dont know what else to get

So people stream themselves buying things, and people watch?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
People stream even stupider things so I don't doubt that, but what made you think anything here implied that?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I trimmed down my wishlist for the sale to avoid buying some dumb stuff so what I'm interested in is:

Small games:
Prospekt
Oxenfree
Firewatch
The Beginner's Guide
The Witness
That Dragon, Cancer
Samorost 3
Technobabylon
Hard West
Dex

Big games:
Hitman
Far Cry: Primal
Way of the Samurai 4
The Evil Within
Homefront: The Revolution
Fallout 4

We'll see how it goes.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Man when's this thing gonna start so I can window shop like a motherfucker!

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Curious, but why would you want the new Homefront? It's been pretty much universally panned.

beer_war fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jun 23, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

beer_war posted:

Curious, but why would you want the new Homefront? It's been pretty much universally panned.
So I heard but I'm curious about an open-world FPS set in a big city. I'll only get it on a really steep sale though which most likely won't happen yet.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Palpek posted:

Big games:
Hitman
Way of the Samurai 4
The Evil Within
Fallout 4

We'll see how it goes.

You're gonna have more fun with Hitman, Way of the Samurai 4 and Fallout in five minutes than you'll ever have with Homefront though (speaking of dumb stuff).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Does the new Homefront have some sort of Timesplitters easter egg?

I miss Timesplitters :negative:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

Man when's this thing gonna start so I can window shop like a motherfucker!

In 5 hours or something

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Palpek posted:

I trimmed down my wishlist for the sale to avoid buying some dumb stuff so what I'm interested in is:

Small games:
Prospekt
Oxenfree
Firewatch
The Beginner's Guide
The Witness
That Dragon, Cancer
Samorost 3
Technobabylon
Hard West
Dex

Big games:
Hitman
Way of the Samurai 4
The Evil Within
Fallout 4

We'll see how it goes.

Prospekt sucked

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Quest For Glory II, you should add Ghost 1.0 to you Metroidvanias List to buy. It from the Developers of Unepic (stay with me...) that fixed the stupid memes, rear end in a top hat main character, graphics, and slow gameplay. The setting is really fun, the story is actually serviceable, the weapons are unique and plentiful and all in all its a really great entry into the genre. It even has two different modes to make the game more like a traditional Metroidvania or more like a roguelite.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Agent Escalus posted:

Isn't Danganronpa considered a visual novel? That one's pretty high on my list this time.

There Will Be Words (and Occasionally Blood)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Prospekt sucked
Oh poo poo, did it? That one was something I was looking forward to.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Palpek posted:

So I heard but I'm curious about an open-world FPS set in a big city. I'll only get it on a really steep sale though which most likely won't happen yet.

Isn't that just The Division, except with worse reviews?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Palpek posted:

Oh poo poo, did it? That one was something I was looking forward to.

It's not bad in places but what really turned me off was bulletsponge enemies, the standard hl2 enemies with like five times the health.

You would be better off with the top free HL2 mods, it's not like Prospekt adds much. No new assets etc.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

DON'T BUY:
Nep-Nep - Im sorry

you monster

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh yes that's the good poo poo right there.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Laputanmachine posted:

People stream even stupider things so I don't doubt that, but what made you think anything here implied that?

I meant to quote this thing. Not the thing I quoted.

Joink posted:

May buy some games, may not. May just watch twitch streamers spend thousand dollars on new visual novels tomorrow instead.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

exquisite tea posted:

Isn't that just The Division, except with worse reviews?
Probably but The Division has things like MMO elements, grind and hackers which turn me off.

Nathyrra
Oct 22, 2008

Unwisely, Santa offered a teddy bear to James, unaware that he had been mauled by a grizzly earlier that year.

Too Lazy to Stop posted:

Hey somebody remembered! I honestly love getting feedback from you guys.

I'd also like to thank Palpek (OP of last year's thread too) for adding the video to the OP last year, as that's how it got popular in the first place.

I remembered this one too! This and the attack on gaben one were the best. Also there was another one that I think only I remember, it was goon made (I think) and had Twista - Throwin' my money, playing in the background. Does anyone have a link to that one?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

tater_salad posted:

So people stream themselves buying things, and people watch?

???????

What? When did I say I was streaming anything lmao

E: just saw what your other post.

That list was very good. I forgot about the last remnant!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Earlier this year I created and organized a list of games I have yet to play/beat so that I could work my way through them.

:downs:welp

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I'm broke this sale, so I managed to have a virtual yard sale and acquire roughly $20 in my steam wallet from cards / old DOTA items. Thanks Steam inventory helper! I'm going to try to keep total purchases under about $40 this year, we'll see how I do.

Anyway, I don't have a ton on my wishlist that I really want / need to pick up. I am thinking about any of:

Lego Worlds
Besiege
Axiom Verge
Caves of Qud
Factorio
Way of the Samurai 4

for the right price. I'd like Dirt Rally as well, but I don't think it's likely to get a big enough discount to fit it into my meager budget.

Sadly I work at noon CST today, so I'll probably miss out on all the weird glitchy steals in the first few minutes of the sale. I'm seriously considering going into work early so I can get logged into my computer and ready.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Jerusalem posted:

Oh yes that's the good poo poo right there.

Blocked in the US for me. I miss that video.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Does anyone have a list of games for couch multiplayer? They seem fairly rare on steam!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Yo, can anyone alert me to really lovely sales / sale mistakes once the sale starts?

Like this:

I need it due to reasons.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

You should check out Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight if you like Metroidvanias.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Does anyone have a list of games for couch multiplayer? They seem fairly rare on steam!

I thought I'd get a specific URL for this, but http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html

Just choose couch co-op, and you're off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I should probably add Pillars of Eternity to my list but I just don't know if I can stomach an RPG in that style anymore. It's probably fantastic in its niche but if I need to read a ton of in-game books to understand the lore then something dies inside me.

• Locked thread