Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
I can't get over how perfect and simple the name Aces is, and yet apparently the league vetoed it.

It also just struck me the other day how bizarre it is that the league will have a number of teams that's a prime number. Like, even going nuts with realignment maps, there is no possible way to get balanced conferences/divisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

AsInHowe posted:

For Vegas, Foley should have had names ready to go.

The issue as far as I can tell is that he did have a name ready go go, and it was the Black Knights. Of course in this case "ready to go" means he picked it without ever asking anyone if there would be trademark issues with the name, which should have been really obvious considering he was trying to name them after an existing team.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Powershift posted:

I would imagine the draw will be going to las vegas to see your team beat up on the slow kids.

It will probably be cheaper to fly to las vegas, spend 3 days in a hotel, and get front row seats to oilers @ vegas than to get front row seats to the oilers at home.

I am 100% doing this the first time the Leafs play there.

• Locked thread